Pop Century to become a Moderate

Would you like to see Pop Century become a moderate resort?

• Total voters

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
My mom saw on Facebook that a cast member told somebody that Pop would become a Moderate resort by the end of October. Do you guys think this could happen? I don't really belive it because a moderate isn't really a moderate unless it has things like hot tubs, a sit down restaurant, BIGGER rooms, things like that. What are your thoughts?

As you said, they'd have to change far too much to make it an actual moderate. And why POP but not AoA? That wouldn't make sense. I'm not going to pay value prices at AoA but moderate prices at POP. :)

Besides, if there's one thing WDW likes to do, it's build new resort buildings. ;) If they want another moderate, they'll just build one. :D

POP will just continue to cost more than some of the other values.

The upcoming Hippy Dippy refurb would have to include a hot tub and at least a basic slide for me to even entertain this possibility. Anyway, I thought the prevailing opinion on here was that Disney was looking to move away from the Value/Mod/Deluxe classification system.

Not unless they built a restaurant. Generally moderates, besides having nicer, more subtle theming (subjective, I know), have a table service restaurant on site.

I wouldn't doubt that it will end up somewhere between a value and moderate in pricing. The same way they call the Fort Wilderness Cabins moderates but they are priced closer to a deluxe room.

And I think that's a good thing. I think that it's nice to have a range of prices within each classification group. :) We can think of it as Value "Plus". :)

My mom saw on Facebook that a cast member told somebody that Pop would become a Moderate resort by the end of October. Do you guys think this could happen? I don't really belive it because a moderate isn't really a moderate unless it has things like hot tubs, a sit down restaurant, BIGGER rooms, things like that. What are your thoughts?
I was told the same thing by a bus driver....sooooo....it’s gotta be true...it’s on the internet!

It will become moderate in pricing, but unless they increase room size or increase amenities, I don't think it will become that "in name"

Just like AoA is technically a Value, but here I am paying almost $200/night for the Little Mermaid rooms in October (no discount :() (which are same size/shape as most value rooms, right?)

Since they are renovating the All Star resort rooms to be virtually the same as the renovated Pop rooms, I doubt it. The only difference between Pop and All Star will be mode of transport, and I can see them continuing to price Pop slightly higher than All Star for this reason.

It's not completely false. The price increase will seem as if it's a mod in comparison to a handful of years ago.

I can't see it becoming a moderate if they're renovating the All Stars so that the rooms are the same as at Pop.

Pricing in UK currently shows all star sports and music same, then movies slightly more, then AOA, then pop. There is still a sizable jump to CSR.

I think they will try and make it Value plus resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!