Pop Century to become a Moderate

Would you like to see Pop Century become a moderate resort?

• Total voters
From my understanding they intend to do away with the tier names soon. I think that will blur the lines more so they can keep POP at an increased price without adding the slide, hot tubs & restaurant.

Whether it becomes a moderate or not,I'm sure once the Skyliner becomes operational, the price will increase.
The prices are already increasing. I just checked for a night in December and POP is only about $50-60 less than the moderates and is already above $200 a night. I think with the refurbishment and adding queen beds in the rooms, the lines between value and moderate rooms are becoming blurred.

The only thing I'd expect to see is the price for the 60s rooms to go up because of the proximity to the Skyliner. Ditto for the Nemo buildings at AoA.

POP already costs more than All Stars. I booked last night for November 16-24 and it was more expensive for POP than All Stars ($200+ more for the week). I went with POP because its where we like to stay and the Skyliner (hoping it will be open by then). AOA is considered Value+, so perhaps that is what they are doing with POP? Don't care really by the label, just the cost. As long as the rooms are comfortable and it fits into my budget, they can name it anything they want to.

We love POP Don’t care what level it is. It’s a great place to stay. However. I believe this rumor to be 110% inaccurate.

Pop is a GREAT Value resort, but it is not a Moderate resort. For a value, the price is right. The size of the rooms, the absence of table service dining, and the overall theming of the resort suggests value, not Mod.

The value of staying at Pop Century is not worth the increased price, IMO. Not a fan of the murphy bed, because I want a table and two beds in the room. Why does it consistently cost more than the All Stars? Even before the stupid, ugly gondola system was put up it has cost more.

The value of staying at Pop Century is not worth the increased price, IMO. Not a fan of the murphy bed, because I want a table and two beds in the room. Why does it consistently cost more than the All Stars? Even before the stupid, ugly gondola system was put up it has cost more.

It's newer and in a better location. The All Stars have been getting pretty rundown in the last 10 years. The refurbs they're getting now are much needed (any they're getting the murphy beds like Pop).

Whether it becomes a moderate or not,I'm sure once the Skyliner becomes operational, the price will increase.

I agree. I also believe that if we were to discuss "value" moderate" or Deluxe" here in 5 years, a lot of folks would then talk about the "old" days.
I think that the tiers will disappear and the pricing will reflect transportation methods. POP will increase in cost even more if the Skyliner is popular and draws guests for that convenience.

Not unless they built a restaurant. Generally moderates, besides having nicer, more subtle theming (subjective, I know), have a table service restaurant on site.
I could see a Toy Story character meal happening here.

My mom saw on Facebook that a cast member told somebody that Pop would become a Moderate resort by the end of October. Do you guys think this could happen? I don't really belive it because a moderate isn't really a moderate unless it has things like hot tubs, a sit down restaurant, BIGGER rooms, things like that. What are your thoughts?
If something like this were to happen. I think AoA would make more sense becoming a moderate resort. The prices of it and room types are almost already there.

I think of the All Star resorts as values, and Pop +Art are Value+. It does make sense that Art isn't a moderate since it doesn't have the amenities and one of the all stars has suites too (not as nice as AoA tho)

Just a personal Opinion but Ive never found Pop to be very good. Stayed there twice and went eh, Id rather stay over at AoA. But thats a personal opinion and likely not everyones. However, when thee price of Pop exceeds Coronado, which I have seen it do several times, Ill stay at Coronado. I doubt even with the Gondolas Pop will ever be in the Port Orleans/Dixie Landings price range, but, I do think it will be more pricey that All Stars for sure.

Value and moderate are just terrible marketing names. AoA is usually more expensive than all moderate resorts. CBR was hardly a fun experience a year ago when it was tent city. And so on. Personally, there were interesting conversations in my house when we talked about “downgrading” from POR to AoA suite and I’m sure that’s a common discussion at many houses. It’s all expensive.

Value and moderate are just terrible marketing names. AoA is usually more expensive than all moderate resorts. CBR was hardly a fun experience a year ago when it was tent city. And so on. Personally, there were interesting conversations in my house when we talked about “downgrading” from POR to AoA suite and I’m sure that’s a common discussion at many houses. It’s all expensive.
We love CBR, even now that the renovations are done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter