Pop Century Room Renovations

I prefer the plain looking Pop room to the AOA Lion King, etc rooms. The Lion King room pics made me dizzy. We use the rooms to shower and sleep. We are never in them.

Here now... Took some pics of the rooms in the 8 building.

Great photos ..............

But, ugh, so sterile. Who thought all white walls were a good idea when every surface is hard. The back wall by bath at least could have been a burst of color that could easily be touched up. Hospital decor for sure. I just have no interest in staying in these which makes me sad, as I LOVE POP.

Plans and updated paint

Great pics! And especially great pic of the floor plan. Now we can see that it looks like the bathtub has sliding doors on it rather than a shower and the door to the bathroom is now a pocket/telescoping door which will no doubt make that part of the bathroom feel bigger. *And*, it looks like there's the possibility of fitting a twin-size air mattress at the front of the room. It will be tight -- and I don't think the front door will be able to fully open (but it looks like it would open more than enough for someone to get in/out if needed -- but I *think* it might fit. We'll definitely need someone to take measurements of that area with the Innovabed open and let us know how much actual floor space is there.

Still anxiously waiting for someone to actually get inside a room and take pictures of the bathroom area.

Umm...It really looks like that Inova bed is a Queen!

Me too! That alone make me want one of the these rooms. We arrive in 10 days and I'd happily take the connecting rooms. Would request a renovated room, but our top priority is connection rooms, so that's the only request we put down. It also appears that the rooms have a few power and USB ports.

I can understand why some think these rooms are sterile and I agree that they could use some more color, but the walls are not white. Looks like a light tan or cream to me.

Me too! That alone make me want one of the these rooms. We arrive in 10 days and I'd happily take the connecting rooms. Would request a renovated room, but our top priority is connection rooms, so that's the only request we put down. It also appears that the rooms have a few power and USB ports.

I can understand why some think these rooms are sterile and I agree that they could use some more color, but the walls are not white. Looks like a light tan or cream to me.
Ok, almost white :laughing: still dorm like!

Great photos ..............

But, ugh, so sterile. Who thought all white walls were a good idea when every surface is hard. The back wall by bath at least could have been a burst of color that could easily be touched up. Hospital decor for sure. I just have no interest in staying in these which makes me sad, as I LOVE POP.

Ha. I like how clean it looks. To me the only thing better would be if it WAS sterile. I hate hotel room germs. lol.

Last edited:
Here now... Took some pics of the rooms in the 8 building.

Thank you!

It's so weird it's a room for four, but only has table and chairs for two. Not that we ever used the table and chairs. Well we used the table top for storage, just not the chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter