Pop Century Room Renovations

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Polynesian27, Jan 19, 2017.

1. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

I prefer the plain looking Pop room to the AOA Lion King, etc rooms. The Lion King room pics made me dizzy. We use the rooms to shower and sleep. We are never in them.

pixie_mtl likes this.
  2. krysenchips

krysenchips Mouseketeer

I just got my room number for tonight and am in building 7. I'll try and see if I can get a look at 8 and 9 when I get down there.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. sam1998

sam1998 Mouseketeer

Here now... Took some pics of the rooms in the 8 building.

Attached Files:

5. sam1998

sam1998 Mouseketeer

More...

Attached Files:

6. sam1998

sam1998 Mouseketeer

King...

Attached Files:

7. sam1998

sam1998 Mouseketeer

Plans and updated paint

Attached Files:

8. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Great photos ..............

But, ugh, so sterile. Who thought all white walls were a good idea when every surface is hard. The back wall by bath at least could have been a burst of color that could easily be touched up. Hospital decor for sure. I just have no interest in staying in these which makes me sad, as I LOVE POP.

9. sam1998

sam1998 Mouseketeer

From what I could see, it looks like there are multiple charging stations in each room. Large tv's and surprisingly many of them are on right now.

mercydisney, Cosmic and HopperFan like this.
  10. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

Ugh. Looks like a hospital room.

11. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

Thank you SO much @sam1998 !!! It's good to see at least a sheet on one bed. Hopefully it's promising that these will be available soon!!

sam1998 and Sue M like this.
  12. bluezy

bluezy DIS Veteran

Great pics! And especially great pic of the floor plan. Now we can see that it looks like the bathtub has sliding doors on it rather than a shower and the door to the bathroom is now a pocket/telescoping door which will no doubt make that part of the bathroom feel bigger. *And*, it looks like there's the possibility of fitting a twin-size air mattress at the front of the room. It will be tight -- and I don't think the front door will be able to fully open (but it looks like it would open more than enough for someone to get in/out if needed -- but I *think* it might fit. We'll definitely need someone to take measurements of that area with the Innovabed open and let us know how much actual floor space is there.

Still anxiously waiting for someone to actually get inside a room and take pictures of the bathroom area.

sam1998 likes this.
  13. WonderlandisReality

WonderlandisReality Earning My Ears

Umm...It really looks like that Inova bed is a Queen!

DisneyMom93 likes this.
  14. mikegood2

mikegood2 DIS Veteran

Me too! That alone make me want one of the these rooms. We arrive in 10 days and I'd happily take the connecting rooms. Would request a renovated room, but our top priority is connection rooms, so that's the only request we put down. It also appears that the rooms have a few power and USB ports.

I can understand why some think these rooms are sterile and I agree that they could use some more color, but the walls are not white. Looks like a light tan or cream to me.

MonaMN and DisneyMom93 like this.
  15. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Ok, almost white :laughing: still dorm like!

sunshine girl and DaisyJ like this.
  16. John Marecek

John Marecek Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting the pics. Appears I may be in the minority, but I really like the clean modern look, slim furniture, and huge tv on the wall. Wish there was a desk setup where the chairs are to be stored when the bed is down, but I deal with it for that room. Hope we get one in November

17. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

Ha. I like how clean it looks. To me the only thing better would be if it WAS sterile. I hate hotel room germs. lol.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  18. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

Thank you!

It's so weird it's a room for four, but only has table and chairs for two. Not that we ever used the table and chairs. Well we used the table top for storage, just not the chairs.

sam1998 likes this.
  19. excited4dis

excited4dis Mouseketeer

Thanks for the updated pics. When we stay here, I think I might have to just take along some decorations to make our room a little more exciting. Maybe wall clings are something. The room looks really boring.

20. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

So 3 drawers for 4 people.

21. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

In the floor layout diagram, in the top right corner, are there two pieces of furniture?

One seems to be the piece with the refrigerator in the base. What would the other be?