• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

I have to admit that I prefer other resorts to the value resorts. I find the beds more comfortable at the other levels but seeing that Pop is getting renovated makes me excited for my trip for the 4th of July/my bday. I'm staying at Pop just because of the price but I was not looking forward it until I saw this! Thanks!!
Yea I never had a desire to stay at any of the value resorts but the deal I got makes it worth it. I keep checking back for a better deal but I don't think it's gonna happen.

How very, very sad.

While the runners looked nice, we just never knew what to do with them. They ended up in the floor getting stepped on. Or being used as doll blankets. They aren't very practical (except for use as doll blankets). I am okay with the runners being gone. One less thing for me to have to put out of the way. And one less thing for the guests to steal. :rolleyes2
I honestly do not like the runners. I feel that they are full of germs. I have tried to put them on top of the chairs but it always ends up on the floor with the kids stepping on them. then I start thinking if I me and my kids are accidantley step on it who knows what kind of germs is on it.

They make it easy to lay on top of the made bed and not have to take your shoes off and not worry about getting the white sheets dirty!

I'm surprised of how many people stay long enough inside their rooms to care about every little detail on their decorations, I like the "generic" look, love white bedding is easy to detect dirt on them, and as for the lack of color... the outside will make up for it
After having your senses bombarded all day in the parks, a nice neutral, clean feeling room sounds like heaven!

Not about renovations but was wondering if anyone that is there now or recently have any trouble with buses in the morning for rope drop?

I'm surprised of how many people stay long enough inside their rooms to care about every little detail on their decorations, I like the "generic" look, love white bedding is easy to detect dirt on them, and as for the lack of color... the outside will make up for it

After having your senses bombarded all day in the parks, a nice neutral, clean feeling room sounds like heaven!

I tend to like the more neutral rooms as well after a day of sensory overload. However, I would have at least done one solid color accent wall.

Pretty sure they will be removing the shrink wrap from the bed. That is how all mattresses are shipped.
Oh goodness, of course. I was just commenting on how the unfinished look adds to the impression of sterility. Unfortunately, I don't think plain white, unaccented bed spreads will be much better.

The problem is, Disney would price them so high that no one would buy them and would continue to steal them....like those red decorative pillows on the cruises. You could buy them for ~$200.00. I think most people's price point for the pillow would have been closer to $20-30. I'm guessing if they sold the resort bed runners in the gift shops, they'd have a price of over $150.

At least if you get a connecting room at Pop you'll have that bright orange door to break up all of the white walls. :) That and all the scrapes and dirt from previous guests. :D

We stayed at AOA a few months after it first opened. I had heard they would be selling the themed shower curtains in the gift shop and having seen photos prior I had put the LM shower curtain on my "must buy" list.

Holy bananas Batman! I did not buy said shower curtain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter