Pop Century Room Renovations

I faxed over my request for a refurbished room yesterday for next Tuesday. I was going to wait until Saturday, but with Irma I was concerned about it getting lost in the chaos. I don't care what building or what floor, but I would really like a refurbished room if I can get one. Turns out it was the right decision since our office will be closed from Friday to Tuesday morning so I wouldn't have been able to send the fax until check in day.

How is the parking situation near the refurbished buildings? Is it plentiful or is most of it taken up with construction materials? I am concerned that the closer they get to the center buildings being converted the worse the parking situation could become.

Just FYI: If you are experiencing glitches when using MDE, trying making sure your settings are to "United States (English)".

My settings keep switching back to Canada and whenever this happens I keep seeing stitch or getting weird errors. I emailed Disney IT and they suggesting changing my website preferences and it works!

Wowowowow! Sitting in a refurbished room of building 7. (80s section.) Checked in today.

I know it's been said, but these rooms are really beautiful! I love them! This is my first time staying here. I was at the Yacht Club in their newly refurb'd rooms 3 weeks ago, and the rooms are really quite similar. It's so nice and cleeeeaaan! So clean, I even hung up my clothes and put my unmentionables in a drawer (in their packing cube, and after checking for bed bugs of course ;) )

Everything is peachy! Actually, maybe the AC could be a little stronger for my polar climate needs :rolleyes: :laughing:

Let me know if you want a picture of anything in room or around the resort and I'll try to get it, I'm here til Saturday :goodvibes

Wowowowow! Sitting in a refurbished room of building 7. (80s section.) Checked in today.

I know it's been said, but these rooms are really beautiful! I love them! This is my first time staying here. I was at the Yacht Club in their newly refurb'd rooms 3 weeks ago, and the rooms are really quite similar. It's so nice and cleeeeaaan! So clean, I even hung up my clothes and put my unmentionables in a drawer (in their packing cube, and after checking for bed bugs of course ;) )

Everything is peachy! Actually, maybe the AC could be a little stronger for my polar climate needs :rolleyes: :laughing:

Let me know if you want a picture of anything in room or around the resort and I'll try to get it, I'm here til Saturday :goodvibes

That's awesome, enjoy your visit and your brand new room! I'm hoping for one,too, when we go on the 19th!!!

I'd actually LOVE a picture of the drink options in the food court cooler - I'm wondering if they have coconut water or Odwalla smoothies or anything interesting like that. If you have a chance to take a quick pic, that would be great! (No worries if you don't get a chance, I know Disney trips can go by way too fast!)

Have a great time!

That's awesome, enjoy your visit and your brand new room! I'm hoping for one,too, when we go on the 19th!!!

I'd actually LOVE a picture of the drink options in the food court cooler - I'm wondering if they have coconut water or Odwalla smoothies or anything interesting like that. If you have a chance to take a quick pic, that would be great! (No worries if you don't get a chance, I know Disney trips can go by way too fast!)

Have a great time!

I just took a few! but having problems uploading photos via mobile. I'll upload them when I get back, but so far what I saw were typical bottled Coke products, orange juice, etc, and the most interesting being V8, silk, Honest Tea, and canned illy coffee (cappuccino).

So Buildings 7, 8, and 9 (80s and 90s) are completely renovated and open to guests?

Anyone know the status of Buildings 10 and 6 (70s section)? I have less than two months to get in there! :eek:

So Buildings 7, 8, and 9 (80s and 90s) are completely renovated and open to guests?

Anyone know the status of Buildings 10 and 6 (70s section)? I have less than two months to get in there! :eek:

Building 10 currently still looks like a construction site inside the rooms (I walk past it every day and they leave the lights on in the rooms at night and you can see in, some of the rooms have the new beds/furnishings in while others still look like they are being torn apart).

Building 10 currently still looks like a construction site inside the rooms (I walk past it every day and they leave the lights on in the rooms at night and you can see in, some of the rooms have the new beds/furnishings in while others still look like they are being torn apart).
:thanks:

So I guess Building 6 isn't being worked on yet...

Just to clarify, this part was in jest. The AC is quite nice. I discovered my first night that the AC will go down to 62 and actually stay there while you're out of the room :eek: (I try to keep it between 65 and 74.) Maybe they'll lock it at some point so it requires manual override to go below 68 or something, but the AC is great! Mousekeeping is great! Everything is awesome! ::yes::

Just to clarify, this part was in jest. The AC is quite nice. I discovered my first night that the AC will go down to 62 and actually stay there while you're out of the room :eek: (I try to keep it between 65 and 74.) Maybe they'll lock it at some point so it requires manual override to go below 68 or something, but the AC is great! Mousekeeping is great! Everything is awesome! ::yes::
I agree. The AC in great working order. In fact I kept having to turn the temp UP when we would get back from the parks. I'm from Seattle and am not used to having AC in my home so I don't mind it a bit warmer and kept setting it at 72, only for Mousekeeping to come in and turn it down to 64 almost daily! We'd walk in and it was like an instant brain freeze.

I agree. The AC in great working order. In fact I kept having to turn the temp UP when we would get back from the parks. I'm from Seattle and am not used to having AC in my home so I don't mind it a bit warmer and kept setting it at 72, only for Mousekeeping to come in and turn it down to 64 almost daily! We'd walk in and it was like an instant brain freeze.

I'm from Portland! :wave2: Also not used to having AC at home... but I have the opposite reaction, I cherish it here :laughing: Interesting that mousekeeping is turning it down so low. I thought they would turn it off or up while folks are out. I guess this means the low temp AC is here to stay!

~~~~~

So I guess Building 6 isn't being worked on yet...

Just walked by building 6, and yes, it is not being renovated yet. It looks full from end to end (well, not to capacity, but you know) with guests, so looks like just building 10 for now. Now that building 7 is open, perhaps 6 will get the sledgehammer in no time!

~~~~~

Also one more about the drinks - it turns out they do have coconut water, but I only saw watermelon raspberry coconut water (Zico). :confused: where is the regular coconut water? :faint:

I'm from Portland! :wave2: Also not used to having AC at home... but I have the opposite reaction, I cherish it here :laughing: Interesting that mousekeeping is turning it down so low. I thought they would turn it off or up while folks are out. I guess this means the low temp AC is here to stay!
Hey neighbor! I'm almost cold. People at my work actually come into my office to chat just because I keep the thermostat higher than the rest of the office :laughing: I didn't have to readjust it every day but probable half the time it had been lowered while we were at the parks. We have always gone in August, so when it feels like 100+ outside, having the room at 72-ish is cold enough for me lol

I tried searching this thread for my answer but couldn't find it... Anyone know how many disposable coffee cups they provide in the rooms at a time? And how many ounces they hold?

I tried searching this thread for my answer but couldn't find it... Anyone know how many disposable coffee cups they provide in the rooms at a time? And how many ounces they hold?

Three cups per pack that they bring. You can call for more, I did. They are 12ounce cups.

I thought I read on this thread that Generation Gap Bridge is currently undergoing construction. Is the bridge still open to the public? If so, any plans to close it off to public in the near future? I will be staying at POP in early December but other members of our group will be at AoA. Bridge was a quick way to meet up and all take the same bus over to the park.

I thought I read on this thread that Generation Gap Bridge is currently undergoing construction. Is the bridge still open to the public? If so, any plans to close it off to public in the near future? I will be staying at POP in early December but other members of our group will be at AoA. Bridge was a quick way to meet up and all take the same bus over to the park.

Right now the bridge is open during the Skyway Gondola system. There is a tall wall up on the one side blocking the view of the water on that side, but you can still cross it. No word on if it's going to close sometime in the future for the construction.

Right now the bridge is open during the Skyway Gondola system. There is a tall wall up on the one side blocking the view of the water on that side, but you can still cross it. No word on if it's going to close sometime in the future for the construction.
Other than the construction near the bridge, will there be construction in any other locations at POP over the next year for the gondola? (Besides the ongoing room renovations)

Thanks for the info! Hopefully it will still be open to public come December! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter