Poor Jungle Cruise

Unfortunately we’ve neglected basically the entire left side of the park with the exception of Splash Mountain and Pirates or the Caribbean. This is the first trip I’m in charge of planning and we’re spending a good chunk of it in Adventure/Frontierland. It’s for their own good. They just don’t know it yet.

Just bring some quarters for the Shootin’ Gallery......

I love the Jungle Cruise! It is classic Disney that is so different from the run of the mill thrill ride found in other parks. The jokes are corny and never fail to put a smile on my face! We usually ride when we are in MK, and I am a local with passes and go at lease once a month.

The last time I was on this ride was about 9 years ago. There was a malfunction with the ride & the elephant actually sprayed a lot of water into the boat. My Dad's camera got all wet. We got soaked. My 2 year old's head was drenched & that dirty, disgusting water was dripping down his face & I'm sure some got in his mouth. It was gross. The skipper just laughed & said she had never seen that happen before. No apology, no extra FP's. Never again.

Well, some people will get their wish on a refurbishment of the rumor board has it right. JC will get a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson update once the movie comes out.

Just as an FYI, I had the most amazing skipper to date on this last trip! And I’m a stand up comedian myself, so I’m pretty judgemental. His name is Jonathan (calls himself Joe Nathan) and he totally killed it ... he even had to ad lib for a solid 5 minutes while we were delayed getting back to the dock - he didn’t miss a beat! I sent a compliment via Twitter about him.

We had this same skipper in January of this year and I agree, he was great!

The last time I was on this ride was about 9 years ago. There was a malfunction with the ride & the elephant actually sprayed a lot of water into the boat. My Dad's camera got all wet. We got soaked. My 2 year old's head was drenched & that dirty, disgusting water was dripping down his face & I'm sure some got in his mouth. It was gross. The skipper just laughed & said she had never seen that happen before. No apology, no extra FP's. Never again.

I mean, that is kind of in character for JC skippers, right? I'd be surprised if they didn't laugh it off. We get soaked and splashed in the face (and mouth) all the time on kali river and splash mountain, so the skipper probably assumed it was no big deal. Nor have I ever gotten a bonus fastpass for a ride breakdown before (I recall one memorable time we were trapped in Carousel of Progress for almost an hour with the same scene playing over and over - everyone cracked up each time it rebooted).

I really like Jungle Cruise, but then, a lot of classic rides are showing their age (lookin at you Peter Pan's Flight) and it doesn't bother me--it's kind of what gives them that "classic" feel and reminds you they've stood the test of time.

What are you telling me?? The famous water fall discovered by Dr Stanely Falls is not working!!!!!

I'm a big fan of "If you enjoyed your voyage this has been 'The World Famous Jungle Cruise.' If you didn't enjoy your voyage then this has been 'The Haunted Mansion.' And now a hippo will follow you home!"
I've not heard this one, and I hope we hear it next time (Sis loves hippos!). I don't think I'd be able to get off the boat for laughing so hard! This is one of my favorite rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter