Poor Jungle Cruise

My favorite joke on this ride is when the captain asks all of us 'Do you know how you become a captain here?" A few kids yelled out answers and she said "No you grow to big to be in Its A Small World and they bring you here, She finished with someone please call my mom to come and get me".

Jungle Cruise looked great in early January, our skippers were great too.
Missing ears sounds extreme to be left on show.

I worked at the Jungle Cruise during my DCP so I consider myself a small bit of an expert on the working state of the attraction haha. I'll report back after I ride it in March & let y'all know how things are looking in my opinion! The ride is definitely due for a refurb but I am just really worried about its classic charm being removed in line with the new film. We will see!

We have been on it twice, once each trip we have gone to Disney (last year and this year). Both times I couldn’t hear the skipper at all, and the jokes weren’t anything exciting. He seemed almost bored, and wasn’t trying both times. I’ve heard of good skippers,
But we were unlucky both times.

Sometimes the skippers hold the mic too close to their mouths or talk too loudly into them. That does make them hard to hear. A good skipper makes this ride so worth it though.

Sometimes the skippers hold the mic too close to their mouths or talk too loudly into them. That does make them hard to hear. A good skipper makes this ride so worth it though.

Also, if things are like they were in 2015, there are couple of boats that have atrocious sound systems in general. They definitely need a tune up .

My 6 year old loves this ride! We have one MK day in June and he is insistent that we ride, and at night. We did it at rope drop and attempted night last trip but it was just too early because the sun doesn't go down til like 9pm in June. So this trip, I will make sure we wait til it is dark.

Try riding this after going on The safari same day in AK.. Its a sad sight..

It's really only as good as the CM who is on the boat with you

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but I would love to see Jungle Cruise or Splash Mountain turned into a Moana themed ride.

This ride needs to go the way of Ellen's energy adventure. Actually that attraction was much better than Jungle Cruise and it still needed to go. A ride whose only charm is that it can make fun of itself needs to be eviscerated. Especially one with a massive footprint. Pave it over and build a whole new adventureland with the exception of Pirates. I tend to think Walt would agree if he were here.

I did not notice any upkeep issues during my JC ride last month. But if I were a skipper, I'd definitely feel the inclination to work any obvious problems into my routine somehow. Maybe that results in hot water job-wise, though.

The skipper makes or breaks the ride.

I love JC esp at night. The dark transforms the ride experience. And depending how many kiddos are on the boat, some skippers can really up their game and skew their jokes for an adult audience.

Before you write off JC, make a point to ride it after dark. You may be pleasantly surprised.

I've always enjoyed JC until this last visit. Our skipper got absolutely infuriated with the kids and parents on the boat. There were several toddlers who kept turning around on their knees to look out and he stopped the boat repeatedly and eventually was literally screaming and calling specific parents out. The kids weren't hanging over the edge or even leaning on the railings. It was just weird. Never had another experience like it at WDW and it pretty much ruined the ride. I can understand safety concerns but it just seemed like such a dramatic overreaction on the skipper's part.

That being said I didn't notice any major damage or things not working on that trip a couple of weeks ago. Bad day hopefully.

For years, when we'd be in the school drop-off line, inching toward the door, my daughters & I would quote one of our captains as our boat came into the dock, "Still having fun ... still having fun. Fun fun fun ... everyone's having fun ... Annnnnnd the fun is over. Get out." :rotfl:

For years, when we'd be in the school drop-off line, inching toward the door, my daughters & I would quote one of our captains as our boat came into the dock, "Still having fun ... still having fun. Fun fun fun ... everyone's having fun ... Annnnnnd the fun is over. Get out." :rotfl:

Haha! Awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter