Pool hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC members are not allowed to hop to AKL.

The thing that irks me if indeed s/he did do this, is that abuse by a few DVC members (hopping to resorts where hopping is not allowed) could ultimately end the privilege for all.

Anne

Originally posted by Annony1
Hi to everyone out there. My family and I just returned from a wonderful 11 day stay at WDW.

We stayed off site but pool hopped everyday.

If you are a DVC member....then why did you stay off-site?:rolleyes:

For those who are new here...or to the rules and regulations of Disney resort pools...pools are for the use of those staying at that particular resort. DVC members staying on points at a DVC resort are permitted to use other resort pools (except SAB at the YC/BC and the pool at AKL) but that is it....and there are blackout dates for that as well.

It is not permissible for those staying off site to use Disney resort pools, nor is it allowed for those staying at a Disney resort to use a pool other than the ones at the resort at which they have a room.

That said, and as much as its obvious the original post is fiction, I know people who do stay off site and pool crash at WDW. It happens. And I'm sure it will continue to happen as long as a wristband/fence system does not exist at every WDW resort pool. Sadly, DVC members will probably lose pool hopping benefits before that ever happens.

This is a friendly site....but those who are breaking rules at WDW and announce it here are generally told off pretty quickly.....there are a variety of "hot" topics which have been listed previously in this thread. The original poster in this thread appears to be a troll looking to stir something up.

Originally posted by WebmasterPenny
Goofy4tink, maybe they were DVC members - and so free to pool hop most everywhere :)

Ooops. Thanks Penny. I had forgotten that. Good point.

Originally posted by goofy4tink
Ooops. Thanks Penny. I had forgotten that. Good point. [/B]
Goofy4tink, don't feel bad. There's something funny smelling about all this. First, the OP states:
Hi to everyone out there. My family and I just returned from a wonderful 11 day stay at WDW.

We stayed off site but pool hopped everyday.
They had an 11-day stay atWDW but stayed off site. It's not until after WebmasterPenny suggests that they might be DVC members that they claim
We are DVC members for 8 years running and love it. But that still doesn't change my post.
Why would I lie? It's not like you know who I am or anything..I have nothing to lose by telling the truth./
I know know why you would choose to lie, but your posts are filled with inconsistencies. You claim to be a DVC member for 8 years, yet you don't know the rules regarding pool-hopping. As someone else asked, why as a DVC member, did you stay off-site?

After reading this over a few times, I am in complete agreement with ducklite's first post on this thread.

Originally posted by ducklite
DVC members are not allowed to hop to AKL.

The thing that irks me if indeed s/he did do this, is that abuse by a few DVC members (hopping to resorts where hopping is not allowed) could ultimately end the privilege for all.

Anne

No-one suggested DVC members <i>are</i> allowed to pool hop at AKL so I'm not sure who you are correcting. If you read my post, you'll see I was talking to Goofy4tink, and if you read Goofy4tinks post properly you will see they were talking about seeing some people who had used the <b>Poly</b> pool. <i>They, may have been the DVC members :)</i>

As for the OP, it makes no odds if they were DVC members or not as they weren't staying on site, let alone on points, which is the single condition that needs to be met for pool hopping - so that whole point is moot.

Now...everyone - stop feeding the troll, no matter how small the acknowledgement, you are giving them the very reaction they want :)

Originally posted by WebmasterPenny
Now...everyone - stop feeding the troll, no matter how small the acknowledgement, you are giving them the very reaction they want :)

troll-crossing.bmp

Sorry Penny, I wasn't trying to "Correct You", more just "talking out loud to myself".

I still stand by my first post. What a troll.

Anne

Originally posted by Don & June
And I thought with was a friendly site - So I take it pool hoping is frowned upon?

Don

Like Lesley said, it is a friendly site. Lesley even posted the "pool rules" for anyone who was curious.

As Eeyore1954 pointed out, something just doesn't *smell* right with the original post. Personally, I just took it as the original poster was a *jester*.

Check out some of the other threads & you'll find folks are really very friendly & helpful.

We went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge twice (we bought a refillable mug there so we went back so that we could use the cup again.)

Forget the pool hopping...did anyone notice this sentence? This has to be a troll LOL..heck who would admit this on these boards?

Doris

Originally posted by phamton
And gullible isn't in the dictionary either.

:cool:

Bev

It's not?!?!!? :o ;)

Ok, I think this thread has gone quite far enough - it serves absolutely no useful purpose.

Say Buh bye...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!