• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool hopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I have never noticed the signs before!! And actually my parents were considering coming to our resort to swim and we r the moderate and they r the deluxe. I wasn't trying to upgrade! Just spend time together.. This is my 10th trip and I have never been asked to show a room key for proof that we r staying at the resort. Oh well not a huge deal just disappointed ! It would have been nice!!

Personally I don't see the problem with the grandparents going to a moderate pool to be with their grand daughter. It's a shame Disney's rules are against this.

OP, I would still ask at reception when you arrive. Disney may be able to do something- it's worth a try.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

why doesn't Disney stop this from happening? Every resort pool should need resort ID to access. It's too attractive for peope to cheat the system when Disney makes it so easy.

Personally I don't see the problem with the grandparents going to a moderate pool to be with their grand daughter. It's a shame Disney's rules are against this.

OP, I would still ask at reception when you arrive. Disney may be able to do something- it's worth a try.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Asking when they arrive won't do any good. The only time you have a chance is to ask a lifeguard right when you want to swim. They are the ones in charge of the pool, and they have the say so. Reception won't be able to help them.

I don't think you're trying to win one over on Disney. You had stated that if someone was staying at the resort you didn't see the issue with non guests coming to join them. The issue is that you didn't pay the room costs that come with those amenities.

Having stayed there before Im sure you can understand why the rule is in place. If you couldn't find a chair, or the pool was overly crowded because everyone's family staying at other resorts came to hang out you'd probably be a bit miffed that people paying half the cost were getting to use the luxuries you paid a premium rate for. I imagine you've also seen the signs such as the one posted above.

I agree, but its not just about the cost. Even if the people were staying at another deluxe paying just as much I still don't want them taking up chairs by the pool at my resort.

OP you are missing the point. If a resort has 1000 rooms and each of those rooms invites 4 family members to swim that is an extra 4000 people by the pool. Not really going to work is it?

why doesn't Disney stop this from happening? Every resort pool should need resort ID to access. It's too attractive for peope to cheat the system when Disney makes it so easy.

I think it is coming. With everything switching to RFID, it is only a matter of time. AoA already has an RFID gated pool.

I agree, but its not just about the cost. Even if the people were staying at another deluxe paying just as much I still don't want them taking up chairs by the pool at my resort.

OP you are missing the point. If a resort has 1000 rooms and each of those rooms invites 4 family members to swim that is an extra 4000 people by the pool. Not really going to work is it?

Not every one fills every their room though. I m sure their are couple that go like dh and I leaving specs in our room for two more

Not every one fills every their room though. I m sure their are couple that go like dh and I leaving specs in our room for two more

Doesn't matter. Disney's resorts, Disney's rules. You swim where you are paying to stay (with a few exceptions)

There is a sticky at the top of main Resorts forum related to pool questions, as such I'm closing this.

Ultimately the rules are clearly posted at each resort, however, exceptions may be granted by Disney if you ask up front. Some folks abuse those exceptions ... it's true, so be warned just cause someone posts here that their experience was "X" that does not mean you will experience the same on your trip.

There are too many variables that can come into play like other resort pool closures, crowd levels, resort occupancy levels, time of year and yes, even the weather etc.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter