Pool Hopping - a real perk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After staying a few times now at BWV, the bigger issue to me is that the pool gate is never locked, so whether guests know that pool hopping is a thing or not and whether they are aware that dvc even exists and there are rules re: pool hopping, there’s no doubt people aren’t coming off a day at Epcot using this pool. Yeah, it was hard to find a seat most days. I’m more annoyed that the gate isn’t locked and I’m not getting exclusive access to the pool I paid for. They aren’t regulating at all who comes in and out bc the gates wide open to everybody.

After staying a few times now at BWV, the bigger issue to me is that the pool gate is never locked, so whether guests know that pool hopping is a thing or not and whether they are aware that dvc even exists and there are rules re: pool hopping, there’s no doubt people aren’t coming off a day at Epcot using this pool. Yeah, it was hard to find a seat most days. I’m more annoyed that the gate isn’t locked and I’m not getting exclusive access to the pool I paid for. They aren’t regulating at all who comes in and out bc the gates wide open to everybody.
Before we blame these scoundrels. Let’s do some math shall we?

How many guest rooms are there at BW?

How many chairs are there?

Let’s get these two numbers then work forward from there.

How about we just start with "Pools are for hotel guests only" and stop right there. It doesn't matter if there are 50 or 500 chairs. If you're not staying at the hotel, you don't belong at the pool.

How about we just start with "Pools are for hotel guests only" and stop right there. It doesn't matter if there are 50 or 500 chairs. If you're not staying at the hotel, you don't belong at the pool.
I think they meant, how do you know it was busy with non-hotel guests
If there's 100 rooms and only .....
- 100 chairs, its possible to be full with just guests
- 500 chairs, probably not just guests

Haha the only scoundrel I’m blaming is Disney hotels for not consistently locking the pool gates in the first place, bc right, we will never know who’s a guest and who isn’t.

but why lock it at the Poly and GF and not BWV? All of us are owed the same security. Heck I was locked out of the Oasis pool when staying at Poly bc I forgot my band and couldn’t refill my mug but then anyone can technically go to the pool at BWV and hang out all day.

If MK didn’t make you scan your magicbands to enter and that eventually got out, do you seriously think that some people would not take advantage of that? But then that would really tick off the ones who had bought tix for the day, since the ones who didn’t got the same perk. Of course MK isn’t going to do that because they’d lose money and letting people into pools who aren’t hotel/dvc guests does not cost them anything. It probably allows them to actually sell more food and beverages which makes them money. So that’s my guess as to why they don’t regulate more tightly or seem to care as much as we do.

But, I spent thousands of dollars on my dvc contracts and I’d like the pools to be consistently locked with MB entry so that’s all I’m saying.

Haha the only scoundrel I’m blaming is Disney hotels for not consistently locking the pool gates in the first place, bc right, we will never know who’s a guest and who isn’t.

but why lock it at the Poly and GF and not BWV? All of us are owed the same security. Heck I was locked out of the Oasis pool when staying at Poly bc I forgot my band and couldn’t refill my mug but then anyone can technically go to the pool at BWV and hang out all day.

If MK didn’t make you scan your magicbands to enter and that eventually got out, do you seriously think that some people would not take advantage of that? But then that would really tick off the ones who had bought tix for the day, since the ones who didn’t got the same perk. Of course MK isn’t going to do that because they’d lose money and letting people into pools who aren’t hotel/dvc guests does not cost them anything. It probably allows them to actually sell more food and beverages which makes them money. So that’s my guess as to why they don’t regulate more tightly or seem to care as much as we do.

But, I spent thousands of dollars on my dvc contracts and I’d like the pools to be consistently locked with MB entry so that’s all I’m saying.

Well, the pools at vGF are not locked and don’t require bands. So it’s not all of them.

I think they meant, how do you know it was busy with non-hotel guests
If there's 100 rooms and only .....
- 100 chairs, its possible to be full with just guests
- 500 chairs, probably not just guests
If there are 200 hotel guests at the pool and five hoppers and 150 chairs and the hoppers are occupying five chairs, that means that instead of 50 hotel guests being chairless, 55 are. That's five extra people who are unhappy with chair access. The problem with the chairs might not go away with no hopping, but it would be diminished and reducing the issue is something. People shouldn't wait around for perfection instead of making incremental changes to solve problems.

😂

Relax Donny. I’m simply making a point. We are inventing an enemy here. Rather then looking at this logically.

Do you honestly think this is a problem? I stayed at AKL Jambo in April. The pool was full every single day. No chairs available inside the gate at all.

The problem is lack of chairs. Not dirty rotten pool hoppers.

Do you honestly think this is a problem? I stayed at AKL Jambo in April. The pool was full every single day. No chairs available inside the gate at all.

The problem is lack of chairs. Not dirty rotten pool hoppers.
But @xdan0920 how do you know it isn’t a problem. We would only know for sure if the gates were locked and entry with MB for guests only. And honestly staying at AKL has no access from a park within walking distance for people to come to pool if they were leaving the parks. The guard gate up front prevents that for that particular resort.

But @xdan0920 how do you know it isn’t a problem. We would only know for sure if the gates were locked and entry with MB for guests only. And honestly staying at AKL has no access from a park within walking distance for people to come to pool if they were leaving the parks. The guard gate up front prevents that for that particular resort.
That’s exactly my point.

Pool hopping is a hypothetical problem. Not a real one. A convenient boogie man for why there’s never any chairs available.

I’m not sure how much locking the gates would accomplish. Most people are nice and hold the gate open for others. I know I did it probably 30x my last trip. If some rule breaker wanted, they could just follow me in. I’d be none the wiser.

I don’t think you know what a Karen is. 🤣

It’s all good Donny, I’ll be sure not to pool hop! And no one else better either! Don is on the look out!!!
I'm pretty sure it's someone who thinks the rules don't apply to them, or that there are special rules just for them.

How did I do?

Pool hopping is a hypothetical problem. Not a real one. A convenient boogie man for why there’s never any chairs available.
Maybe it’s a hypothetical problem, but you don’t know for sure since it’s just your hypothesis 😆

But @xdan0920 And honestly staying at AKL has no access from a park within walking distance for people to come to pool if they were leaving the parks. The guard gate up front prevents that for that particular resort.
people can easily take disney bus transportation from parks or DS into any onsite hotel. It’s still encouraged as to dining etc.

poolside seating is a premium at all the resorts we own. I’ve often chatted with those next to us, several freely indicated they were from other onsite resorts (not DVC pool hoppers) :bitelip:especially at WL with guests from the campground.

Until they have a wristband/MB system that is actually checked/enforced Ala SAB, there is no way to totally control it

disclosure, we like our resort pools:thumbsup2, the idea of pool hopping has always seemed to be more trouble than what is worth to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter