Pool heat for airbnb

chitowncubbiery

Earning My Ears
Wondering if I need heat for pool at airbnb. We are going in beginning of April. The Temps is supposed to be upper 70's lows in the 50's. Anyone have any opinions ?

I agree with Checkinvic. If it were me and I planned to use the pool, I would get it in April for sure. The one time we stayed in a house in Orlando for a week when we didn't have heat for our private pool, only one person out of our party of 10 used the pool (my diehard nephew). And we are an extended family that normally are heavy pool users on vacation. We went to the community pool twice but that's it as we had to drive over. It was sort of a bummer to have a nice private pool that was too cold to use. The house and pool area were beautiful, but...

Ask what you are buying. We paid for pool heat and found out it was limited to 3 hours per day, preset by them with a timer. We had a pool and hot tub, so only 3 hours of heat made them unusable for the most of the day.

Never experienced that. Our contract was very straight forward that the daily charge for heated pool was $xx, and I would never have accepted that only being for 3 hours. Very strange.

I would splurge for the pool heat. It takes a while for the pool to heat up, so if you change your mind a day or two in, you might not have good pool heat until day 4 or so. It's vacation, you want to enjoy the pool--find another place to save a few bucks, if needed.

I have a question along the same lines. We will be at a Davenport Air b&b on Oct 15 through oct. 22....weather looks like mid 80's during day and 69 to 70 at night..do I need to pay for pool heat.Its around 200.00 and I really would like to spend that somewhere else. But I also want to enjoy the pool. We will have plenty of down time at the house. Does anyone know if the water is warm enough in October?

We moved to FL 3 years ago and considered getting a pool heater for our pool. What we were told about any heater is that it takes 1 hour to raise the pool temperature 1 degree. So, if the heater is on for 8 hours, the temperature should go up 8 degrees. At night, when the sun goes down, you lose the heat. Now, if you can keep the heater on all the time, the water should be very nice (I'm one of the people who likes the water at 86 degrees and higher).

Just double check with the owner what the "heater" entails. Most of them are on timers. It could be a lot of money for pool water that doesn't retain the heat.

We moved to FL 3 years ago and considered getting a pool heater for our pool. What we were told about any heater is that it takes 1 hour to raise the pool temperature 1 degree. So, if the heater is on for 8 hours, the temperature should go up 8 degrees. At night, when the sun goes down, you lose the heat. Now, if you can keep the heater on all the time, the water should be very nice (I'm one of the people who likes the water at 86 degrees and higher).

Just double check with the owner what the "heater" entails. Most of them are on timers. It could be a lot of money for pool water that doesn't retain the heat.
Most of the pools at these houses are so tiny, I'm amazed it would take that long to heat 1 degree. For example, when I lived in Ottawa I had a 20 x 40" in ground pool and my heater could easily raise the temperature by more than 1 degree per hour - and that was a bigger, deeper pool in a colder climate.

Most of the pools at these houses are so tiny, I'm amazed it would take that long to heat 1 degree. For example, when I lived in Ottawa I had a 20 x 40" in ground pool and my heater could easily raise the temperature by more than 1 degree per hour - and that was a bigger, deeper pool in a colder climate.
I don't know what qualifies at tiny...ours is 14' x 35' with depths ranging from 3' to 8' or 9'. As for the rate of heating, that's the information I was given by two different companies that install both solar and electric heating systems.

YMMV

I have a question along the same lines. We will be at a Davenport Air b&b on Oct 15 through oct. 22....weather looks like mid 80's during day and 69 to 70 at night..do I need to pay for pool heat.Its around 200.00 and I really would like to spend that somewhere else. But I also want to enjoy the pool. We will have plenty of down time at the house. Does anyone know if the water is warm enough in October?
I’d expect the pool temp to be in the low 70s. To me…. That’s cold!

I don't know what qualifies at tiny...ours is 14' x 35' with depths ranging from 3' to 8' or 9'. As for the rate of heating, that's the information I was given by two different companies that install both solar and electric heating systems.

YMMV
Our pool heater was natural gas so would be faster I assume than electric ones (and definitely faster than solar). Tiny is most of the ones in the villas for rent near WDW, which they usually charge something like $30 per day for the heating. Yikes! Luckily the villa I rent she only charges $10/day for heat.

Is it one of those small little pools that aren't very deep like most rental villas? I would think if it is, and if the temps are mid-80s, then the pool should be pretty warm (depending on how you like it). However, if there is an attached spa that you want to sit in as a hot tub you will need to pay for pool heat in order to use that feature.

When we used to rent pool houses, we tried to avoid the extra costs of pool heat but eventually learned our lesson. Even if it's hot during the day, is that the only time you'd ever use the pool? With heated pools, you can still enjoy the pool later at night or early in the day. Pool heat extends the usable number of hours per day of the pool.

Colder climate is probably why. Bigger difference between water temp and the heated water temp.

It seemed to me that people in Florida when I was on pool forums were complaining about needing pool heaters when their pool water was still 10-12° higher than what I considered water getting to be too warm, which was way higher than my pool ever got to.

I see mention of 80's during the day and dropping to mid 60-70 at night, that's still warmer than PA weather during most of the summer, no heater needed. My pool was 76-78° when we were in it with that kind of weather.

Interesting thread. It never crossed my mind that heat for the pool would be an extra charge. We may go down in March so this is good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter