Pool area fenced in

When it is after 1 AM and people are at the pools with a lot of adult beverage in them it is VERY noisy and inconsiderate. This disturbs a whole lot of people who are staying in rooms around the pool area. I am glad that the fencing is happening.

That's too bad, because I have had some issues with pool noise even after midnight sometimes.

When it is after 1 AM and people are at the pools with a lot of adult beverage in them it is VERY noisy and inconsiderate. This disturbs a whole lot of people who are staying in rooms around the pool area. I am glad that the fencing is happening.

Just call security when that happens. I did that once for the BWV quiet pool / hot tub and it was between 9 pm and 10 pm. Someone came, talked to the offenders and they left. I don't know what was said to them (or if they were even staying at the resort) and I suspect I wasn't the first or only guest to call to complain.

There is now way they will get the pools all fenced by November 1 but the new policy to close the pools may go into effect. Once fenced, you will NOT be able to sit out at tables if they are inside the fence. I find this a sad end to a long standing tradition of pools open 24 hours.

It's only the feature pools that will be open with a lifeguard from 7am-11pm. They will be fenced by end of Nov. Quiet pools are still unfenced and 24 hrs.

Just call security when that happens. I did that once for the BWV quiet pool / hot tub and it was between 9 pm and 10 pm. Someone came, talked to the offenders and they left. I don't know what was said to them (or if they were even staying at the resort) and I suspect I wasn't the first or only guest to call to complain.

Yes, been there and done that, but it doesn't always work.

Over the coming months, we will implement new operating and lifeguarding hours for feature and other popular pools at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

Lifeguards will be present at guarded pools during all hours they are open. Quiet pools will remain available to Guests 24 hours a day and will continue to be unguarded.

Implementation will begin with Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Pop Century Resort and Disney's All-Star Resorts on Sept. 29 and is expected to be complete in November.

Reactive Q&A

Why are you making these changes?

These changes make it easier for Guests to understand when our pools are open and when a lifeguard is present.

What are you doing?

We are aligning operational hours with lifeguard coverage at feature and other popular pools at our resort hotels.

Will feature pools remain open outside of pool operating hours?

No. Feature pools will be closed when lifeguards are not present. Quiet pools will remain available to Guests 24 hours a day and will continue to be unguarded.

What will the hours be for feature pools?

Operating hours will vary seasonally and based on Guest demand. Generally, the guarded pools will open at either 7 a.m. or 9 a.m. and close at 11 p.m.; however, these hours can be extended or modified to accommodate special events and high demand.

Are you adding fences around all resort pools in order to limit access?

We are in the process of adding fences as part of our regular refurbishment process.

Yes, been there and done that, but it doesn't always work.

It's happened to us. Before we joined DVC we were at the Contemporary. The kids (teens) went for a late swim, but there were many adults there drinking and smoking in the pool. Not by the pool, but in the pool. I called to complain and no one came.

Well, not as bad as expected... and fencing the pools will be over a longer period of time as I expected. But closing more main pools will drive people to the quiet pools, as we see every night at BCV when Stormalong Bay closes. It gets very noisy there for about 2 hours.

They've also closed the main pool at Boardwalk as long as I can remember but the other pools were open 24 hours.... and those rarely got too noisy.

And for those sensitive to pool noise or inappropriate behavior... call and keep calling!

The children in my family hope this new policy means that the slides will be open til 11PM!

The children in my family hope this new policy means that the slides will be open til 11PM!

I was under the impression that the slides closed when the lifeguards went off duty, so, with the guards there till 11pm, the slides should stay open. We can hope.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-locking-swimming-pools-20130926,0,2545736.story

sorry for posting so many quotes from the article but they seemed to clear a bit up. Especially the quote from the spokesperson.

Disney says its largest and most popular "feature" pools will begin opening at either 7 a.m. or 9 a.m. and closing at 11 p.m. Lifeguards will be on duty at all times while the pools are open.

But guests will no longer be permitted to swim in the feature pools after hours. Disney plans to install fences around any of those pools that are not already gated, a process that will begin in the coming months as hotels roll through their regular renovation cycles.

Only smaller and unguarded "quiet" pools at some hotels will remain accessible at all hours.

"These changes make it easier for guests to understand when our pools are open and when a lifeguard is present," Disney World spokeswoman Bernadette Davis.

So which are the nonfeature quiet pools?

OKW has a few as does SSR.
VWL and BCV have one each.

I suspect those at BLT and AKV will have no 24hr pools as they only have a feature pool. Not sure about GFV or BWV.

Sure drives up the value of those resorts with a quiet pool for me. I do enjoy those pools late at night and do so in a quiet and respectful manner....

I suspect those at BLT and AKV will have no 24hr pools as they only have a feature pool. Not sure about GFV or BWV.

Sure drives up the value of those resorts with a quiet pool for me. I do enjoy those pools late at night and do so in a quiet and respectful manner....

Boardwalk has two quiet pools - the one in front of the community hall (really almost next to the feature pool) and the secret hidden pool that we aren't supposed to talk about for fear someone might discover it is there and ruin it with noisy children ;) (Its on the hotel side)

drpepr said:

The CT circular pool closer to the lake is a quiet pool that should be open for BLT.

GF's original pool (I think it's called the garden pool or something now) is considered a quiet pool that should be open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

I was under the impression that the slides closed when the lifeguards went off duty, so, with the guards there till 11pm, the slides should stay open. We can hope.

My kids would be thrilled about this too. Hopefully they will be open!

I am a guilty mid-night hot tubber. ;) Once my kids are asleep, many nights my sister and I will head out while my husband watches TV in the room and have a chat in the hot tub. I'll miss that. Some quiet pools do have hot tubs... wonder if the one upstairs by the work out room at Kidani will remain open...

We can only wait and see...:rolleyes1

We are actually doing CBR in 2 weeks and not DVC. Their only hot tub is at feature pool, right? I wonder if the fence will be up.:confused3

All I am going to say is they better leave hot tubs open all night. There is nothing better than getting into a hot tub after a long day in the parks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter