Pondering if this is worth the effort...

revdon64

DIS Veteran
I've rescheduled a cruise that was canceled by Hurricane Ian to January. Was thinking that I might add a day to go to EPCOT just to ride Guardians and Remy standby. Does anyone have any experience in doing these rides standby and is it possible to do both in one day?

Guardians isn't available Standby yet. Currently only available through the Virtual Queue or Individual Lightning Lane. Because of that. it's very possible to do both within a few hours window that includes your GOTG:CR boarding party.

Last edited:
I've rescheduled a cruise that was canceled by Hurricane Ian to January. Was thinking that I might add a day to go to EPCOT just to ride Guardians and Remy standby. Does anyone have any experience in doing these rides standby and is it possible to do both in one day?
As of now guardians is not available standby but that could change before January

Depending on how long you are in the park you should be able to do both

I think you could do all the rides in Epcot and enjoy a nice meal in day. We were there opening day of Guardians and did just that.

Is it really worth the cost of a one day ticket and getting to and from EPCOT for one ride? I guess the only person who can answer that is you. For me, No. I'd plan a few days and visit several parks on a park hopper ticket.

Guardians is a great ride, but not worth that kind of cost/effort just to ride it and Remy.
Obviously, we'd spend a whole day at EPCOT taking in other things. I just haven't done those two rides and wanted some input on whether folks thought it would be worthwhile and possible to get them both in on a one-day jaunt. The other factor I guess is that my son who will be with me is 10y/o and slight (small) for his age.

Obviously, we'd spend a whole day at EPCOT taking in other things. I just haven't done those two rides and wanted some input on whether folks thought it would be worthwhile and possible to get them both in on a one-day jaunt. The other factor I guess is that my son who will be with me is 10y/o and slight (small) for his age.
Height requirement for Cosmic Rewind is 42 inches, so I suspect he's tall enough to ride. My 6-year-old daughter was easily tall enough to ride.

Yes it's worth it and I haven't done either of those rides yet. If you were just going to do those two rides and leave I would say no but you will have the whole day to do the rest of Epcot.

Try for a VQ for Guardians at 7 am and if you don't get it then try for 1 pm. Do Remy at RD.

We did Remy standby mid-morning in April. It was listed as 35, ended up being around 25. Haven't done Guardians yet.

In 2016 for our son's graduation celebration we did a 3 night DCL cruise with a day at EP before and a day at DHS after. We really enjoyed the EP day, but we were staying in a WDW resort both days and took DCL transfers to/from our resort, so the logistics were pretty seamless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter