Ponchos, Ponchos everywhere.. Updated 12/14

Hi! Just found your TR. Wow, trying to organize all those people would have me frazzled.

We love POP too. There's just something about it....

Can't wait to read more.

20 of the 21 people were a breeeze.. my 5 year old.. well he was the stress in my trip..let's just say the boy has entered behavior boot camp since we got home..

Love your TR! WE Were there the same dates...Well we switched on the 19th to the Poly...I took pictures of the construction across the lake as well! We got the free dining package on 8/19 as well. We too are big time Pop fans! Oh AND we got totally rained on as well...and wasnt it obscenely HOT on the 19th? omg....SO HOT...BUT the one thing you dont have to worry about when you go in august...is the question...will it be WARM enough for the kids to swim? No worries there (we used to go over thanksgiving ...and it was always a toss up)

Im an OCD planner too...LOL

:thumbsup2 Love your report!

Love your TR! WE Were there the same dates...Well we switched on the 19th to the Poly...I took pictures of the construction across the lake as well! We got the free dining package on 8/19 as well. We too are big time Pop fans! Oh AND we got totally rained on as well...and wasnt it obscenely HOT on the 19th? omg....SO HOT...BUT the one thing you dont have to worry about when you go in august...is the question...will it be WARM enough for the kids to swim? No worries there (we used to go over thanksgiving ...and it was always a toss up)

Im an OCD planner too...LOL

:thumbsup2 Love your report!

Thanks and nice! Wonder if we "Saw" each other in the parks at all..lol

And yeah..warm enough was not an issue..what would have been nice would have been cold water pumped into the pools..LOL

We were there at the same time, building six, third floor, lakeside. We put our shoes in the same spot as your family. I thought that was a clever use of space for your water. I never thought of storing anything there. I hope to start my TR tomorrow, I'm still working on a catchy title.

We were there at the same time, building six, third floor, lakeside. We put our shoes in the same spot as your family. I thought that was a clever use of space for your water. I never thought of storing anything there. I hope to start my TR tomorrow, I'm still working on a catchy title.

Oh kewl.. we were on the 4th floor!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying reading all about your trip. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read more.

Just found your report through your ellen/eo post. Our trips overlapped a bit (16th to 18th at Seaworld and 19th to 26th at POFQ). We have stayed at Pop 3 times and love it, all the icons and colours are fantastic.

I haven't started our trip report yet though; still sorting through pictures. Looking forward to reading more of yours.

My day started bright and early with a text from Noah that there were at the Park and fly around 4am then another saying they were boarding their plane a little before 6 am. I dozed off until the alarm went off at 6:30.. yawn.

I started waking the NOT happy to be woken up kiddos then showered and got dressed as they painfully slowly got moving.. I wanted to scream "MOOOOVEEE we are going to Magic Kingdom" but alas I kept myself in check..more or less.

Our original plan was to stay at the resort until my mom, Noah and Kate got there..but I was crazy itching to get into MK NOW..so we decide since ME can take up to 2 hours to get ya to the resort we'd chance it. Their flight was scheduled to land at 9:55 so we figured we could at the very least get an hour in the park ( open was 9am) and head back to wait for them ( oh how wrong we would be!).

The kids and Eric ate breakfast from the stash of food we had brought and then we headed down to the check in desk. I did NOT do online check in for the package and man do I wish I had. Both line were long but they kept taking people from the online check in line over at the regular check in making the regular back up. The people in front and behind me were not happy.

I was merely anxious to get our new key's etc and head our bums to MK.

My kids were excited.. well except for Jadziah.. she wanted to go back to bed!
117_3361.jpg

We finally got called up to a CM and did the quick check out/check in and made our way to a bus. We got on a bus fairly quick and I was pretty dang sure my heart and head would explode with excitement and joy as we got closer and closer to The Magic Kingdom!

We arrived and my Disney senses so long dormant kicked in and I just headed right to the gate..the kids were like "Mommm do you know were you are going".." oh yes kiddo's.. mama is HOMEEEEE".

We got a really funny security guy at bag check.. a great start to the day already ( especially after all the "horror" stories about bag check I'd read). Then headed to the turnstiles.. now I won't lie.. the bio metric scanners had me worried.. but that was a breeze and we were thru and waiting for the opening show!!

117_3362.jpg

We got spots right up front and the kids loved it!( I literally was tearing up..yeah I'm a big mush when it comes to Disney!!)
117_3363.jpg

117_3365.jpg

Mickey's mouth was moving when he talked..very cool!
117_3366.jpg

117_3367.jpg

117_3368.jpg

After that we entered the park and yeah..my bliss was spotted:
117_3369.jpg

Up next..our first ride..anyone wanna guess what it was??
Part 2

Came over from my TR, WOW that's a lot of people to keep track of, not sure I could handle it myself. It was enough keeping the 4 of us happy 24/7. :lmao:

You did an amazing job organizing that room!

Came over from my TR, WOW that's a lot of people to keep track of, not sure I could handle it myself. It was enough keeping the 4 of us happy 24/7. :lmao:

You did an amazing job organizing that room!

Yeah it was a LOT of people..esp since 14 of the 21 were 17 and under..LOL.. it was fine.. most of the time..

Thank u on the room.. it stayed all sorts of neat all 12 days too..it was great!

Hello! I'm along too - read your PTR and now finished your TR and waiting for more. Although - why does your TR name have apostrophes? Will you explain that later? Is it "Poncho's poncho" or something? (can you tell what kind of OCD I have? lol!)

I can completely commiserate with having so long between trips - we went in 2000 and I didn't go back again until last November. Such a relief to go back! And now I have another short trip scheduled next month, so I'm loving reading all these TRs. Very interested to see what your kids think of the House of Mouse!

haa..cus I was obviously exhausted from the 23.5 hour drive and started the trip report too soon to remember grammar..lol

Where did I last leave you? Oh yes on the edge of your computer chair wondering which ride I took my kids on first correct??

Well by 9:01 we were walking down Main Street , me singing and dancing..and fully embarrassing my husband and 3 youngest kids! I just didn't care..I was back and I was HAPPY!

We headed right to a PhotoPass photographer and did a picture..but alas the other 2 families we were with have not yet finished with editing their pictures so I have NO cd. Sigh.. I hate waiting for people.

At this point my oh so moody NON Disney husband was NOT thrilled. There were people everywhere, it was HOT and muggy and he was still very unsure about Disney.Plus it had POURED the night before and his sandals were still wet ( oh dear husband get USED to that). We took a right thru The TomorrowLand Terrace and headed right for Buzz!

Right about that time this was what Noah, my mom and Kate were seeing:
DSCN2375.jpg

There was no wait and as we headed into the Queue I could see his eyes light up. All of a sudden all the things I've said about how Disney is different than any other "theme/ amusement" park clicked. So began the "The place is awesome" mantra he stuck to and said about 10000 times for the next 10 days!

117_3370.jpg

Since there was 3 kids and 2 adults we had to split.. I rode with Ziah , Eric rode with Taejan and Declan rode alone.

117_3371.jpg

117_3372.jpg

About half way thru the ride I got a call then a text.. Their plane had landed.. 40 minutes EARLY! Are you kidding me?? So I text Noah back and said let me know when the DME bus leaves.. thinking we had a lot of time.. wrong again!
DSCN2377.jpg

We hopped back on Buzz for a 2nd ride.. notice the mechanic fixing one of the cars??lol
117_3374.jpg

Next we headed to the Tomorrowland Speedway.. got in and had about a 10 minute wait.. This time Ziah and Taejan rode with me and took turns steering and Declan rode with Eric. While on that I got a text. "Mom the bus is on it's way.. Driver says 30 mins max"..seriously??
117_3375.jpg

117_3377.jpg

117_3380.jpg

So now I am in a panic.. no way I am going to get to POP in 30 mins from the back of the park..so I text Noah back..um.. text me when you get to the resort and we run off to...

Part 3

After the text from Noah we decided since we were already not going to make it back to the resort on time we'd head to Peter Pan and get that out of the way before the lines got crazy.. I love Peter Pan..I HATE the line for Peter Pan!

117_3381.jpg

I decided to go grab FP's for Splash for later on and on the way the kids got their very first Character interaction!! Donald had no line and it was just perfect.

117_3382.jpg

117_3383.jpg

While there we got the text.. they were at the resort. It was less than an hour from when they landed to when they were waiting for us in the Pop Century lobby! So we headed out of Magic Kingdom.. I was sad but I knew I'd be back as fast as I could. We were lucky enough to hop right on a bus and found the rest of my krew waiting for us.

After hugs and hello's we took them to their room and let them all shower and such. We got in our room and saw that Mousekeeping had already been there:
117_3384.jpg

117_3385.jpg

My kids rested a bit then when everyone was ready we headed to the food court for some lunch with plans to head back to MK once we were done!
117_3387.jpg

Up next.. Who broke the Biometric Scanner??

After lunch we headed to the bus stop and got on after a little wait. Only issue I had with the Pop busses was the utter lack of shade..OMG come on Disney.. a few awnings wouldn't kill ya and I'd pay $1 a night more to help pay for that!!

We arrived at the park and yep..it was a beautiful sunny HOT day still.. and yes..I was still giddy as a school girl! I love the fact that my oldest was also giddy.. he has been waiting since we was 6.5 to get back to Disney!

117_3388.jpg

DSCN2381.jpg

We got up to the turnstiles and I was expecting biometric issues when I popped my card back in..but nope. Then came Noah's girlfriend Kate.. she couldn't exactly figure out the scanner and the CM told her she broke it..lol

117_3389.jpg

If only she had a sense of humor..sigh.

We headed to Main Street just in time to stop and watch some of this little parade:
117_3391.jpg

117_3392.jpg

And then the madness started.. Pin Trading.. oh my. If I had only known how many times I would hear "Mom can I go check that CM's pins out?" I may never have bought anyone any pins or lanyards!

117_3394.jpg

This time we headed to AdventureLand:

DSCN2399.jpg

And Declan began.. began stressing that we wouldn't get to do all the things he wanted to do that he had read about. Oh MY dear son..CHILL! At this point we had 4 days in MK planned.. so I was not worried. I wish I had shared some of that worry as we ended up with only 2 days and one very small part of a 3rd..sigh.

First up was Swiss Family Treehouse:
117_3395.jpg

117_3396.jpg

117_3397.jpg

Then we headed over to Jungle Cruise..we had a GREAT CM.. I wish we hadn't been in the back of the boat though.. oh well.

117_3400.jpg

After that the kids were HOT and wanted a treat.. silly mommy had told them back home that "you can have all the ice cream you want in Disney"..so it was Dibs and frozen lemonade's all around ( thank Goodness for the free DDP)

117_3401.jpg

See the grumpy teen with his arms crossed? He's hot, he's tired and his GF is driving him crazy already..oh JOY. At this point we cut the teens free from us. They spent most of their time in the parks exploring on their own..so they aren't in very many pictures..oh well!

The rest of us went off to ride Pirates. Declan had a small meltdown because the posted wait time was 25 minutes. He was very upset because he reminded me I said we wouldn't be waiting in long lines. Um it's 98 degree's out and the queue is cooler.. we are going in..deal. He was not yet used to a 25 min wait not being "long" nor waiting in lines in general. The actual wait was closer to 18 minutes anyway!
117_3402.jpg

Since Declan was being Declan ( remember..90 year old trapped in a 9 year olds body) and wanted to go to Tom Sawyer RIGHT then and well..there was no reason not to we headed over.. Declan was NOT liking the heat and hopped in Taejan's stroller.
117_3403.jpg

I have no picture of the carnage that ensued when Taejan saw him in his stroller..lol

No wait for a boat and a very short minute on this:
117_3405.jpg

and we were on the island and spent about an hour exploring..
117_3406.jpg

117_3407.jpg

117_3409.jpg

Up next.. This Place is Haunted..don't make me go on!

:wave: All caught up! What a great family you have and what fun this TR is going to be!:thumbsup2

Aw, what happened to all your pics? Looking forward to the next chapter.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter