Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Hi! A few days ago we took the tour and bought direct at Poly. I have been researching for a long time and even rented points. Just wish we bought years ago but at last we finally did. We are very happy and can't wait for our first Poly visit. Love ready all about the Poly.

Hi! A few days ago we took the tour and bought direct at Poly. I have been researching for a long time and even rented points. Just wish we bought years ago but at last we finally did. We are very happy and can't wait for our first Poly visit. Love ready all about the Poly.

Welcome home :)

Poly is my all time favorite resort!!!

We had our first ever Poly DVC stay in February for a weekend using our Poly points. We loved it (with the exception of my husband indulging at Trader Sam's too much and spending the night sick. Ooops).

We were in Moorea with a lake view room. I did hear the ferry in the morning since I'm a light sleeper but my husband didn't.
And we had a wonderful view of Cinderella Castle and Space Mountain and the Poly Bungalows. On our first evening we got back to the room in time to watch Wishes from our balcony.

We weren't able to actually get inside Trader Sam's since the wait was 2 hours due to a bachelorette party but did drink out on their patio. My husband got the Nautilus for his collection and I tried my first Polynesian Pearl and loved it. We'll be back alot so we'll have a chance to try again.

I've already got a solo May trip booked.
Oh - and addonitis has already hit. We put an offer on a small amount of resale points for the Poly with our same use year that the seller accepted. We are now just waiting on Disney ROFR.
With all of the trips I usually take to Disney - the extra points will come in handy.

Welcome home :)

Poly is my all time favorite resort!!!

Mine too, aleh021! It has been for about 25 years. Love it so much.

I'm also particularly fond of WL, GF, and AKL, and I like all the WDW resorts for different reasons. But Poly will always be a special place for me.

We are doing our first ever stay at the Poly (DVC) in May. I'm super excited!!! We've been there several times for dining, but never stayed there. If we like it as much as I think we will, we might add-on here. :bounce:

Is Poly DVC almost sold out? How can you check to see how many points are left before all gone?

At the current rate I believe it is projecting to sell out around the end of this year. CCV sales may prolong things though.

We just bought last December after contemplating DVC since VGF was selling. Boy, I wished we pulled the trigger back then. Unfortunately, our travels this year is getting us to head west so we are using our points for a stay at Aulani in September.

Is Poly DVC almost sold out? How can you check to see how many points are left before all gone?

I believe DVD just declared last week an additional 10 units consisting of 48 studios for DVC inventory.

Per DVC News they very recently declared another 473,376 ie - 48 studios. This means 85.8% of the resort has been declared so there will be another declaration of similar size to come at some point in the future.

What does the room numbers start with for 3rd floor lake view? I want to know if I got my request when they text me my room number? Thank you.

Per DVC News they very recently declared another 473,376 ie - 48 studios. This means 85.8% of the resort has been declared so there will be another declaration of similar size to come at some point in the future.

What does that mean exactly? I read an article stating this too and I'm wondering when do those 48 studios become available to book? Is it a few weeks after they declare more or as they sell more they gradually add them in?

Bought our points in 2015, had our first stay in 2016, and REALLY loved it. Going back this year the week after Thanksgiving to see the Poly in all its Holiday Glory!
:santa:

What does the room numbers start with for 3rd floor lake view? I want to know if I got my request when they text me my room number? Thank you.

The 3rd floor Lake View rooms in Moorea range from 3015 to 3038. The higher the number, the closer to the TTC. You can see a map with room numbers here.

Stupid question, but I'm asking anyway. What is the best/fastest option to MK from the DVC Longhouses assuming everything is running? Monorail from GCH, Walk to TTC then take Express Monorail, Walk to TTC then take boat, or boat from resort? Does the answer change at different points during the day?

TIA!

Stupid question, but I'm asking anyway. What is the best/fastest option to MK from the DVC Longhouses assuming everything is running? Monorail from GCH, Walk to TTC then take Express Monorail, Walk to TTC then take boat, or boat from resort? Does the answer change at different points during the day?

TIA!

The walk is similar from the DVC building to the Poly monorail station or the TTC so we always head towards the TTC. If a ferry is right there we often just do that - not certain it's the fastest but it's fairly fast. If the ferry isn't there or we decide we just want the monorail then we go catch the express monorail - it skips the GF stop that you'd have on the resort monorail if catching it at GCH.

just to be sure, all the DVC longhouses have elevators, don't they? (ps I know I saw some pics somewhere of the oasis pool and the oasis pool bar, but of course now I can't find them!

just to be sure, all the DVC longhouses have elevators, don't they? (ps I know I saw some pics somewhere of the oasis pool and the oasis pool bar, but of course now I can't find them!

Yes, they all have elevators. Not large ones but they are ther.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter