Poly pool in August vs BC

lfs04

Earning My Ears
I'd love to hear your opinion. We currently have a reservation for the Poly for the week of August 14th. We will be traveling with our 6 yo and 3 yo who both love to swim. We will be taking afternoon breaks to swim and cool off. I've been reading a lot about the pool at the Poly being very crowded. I'm thinking of switching to the Beach Club so that we could enjoy Stormalong Bay. We stayed at YC last year and loved it but booked the Poly this year since I've heard great things about it but now I'm starting to second guess my decision. Does the Poly pool get so crowded that it is hard to enjoy it. Thank you so much for your help.

We've stayed at both the Polynesian and the BC/YC in July and August.

Both are great resorts for little kids. The Poly pool does get super crowded. While they have a great pool it is small and there is no separate kiddie pool.

I love SAB for little kids because you have both the shallow sandy bottom area and the separate "Little Pirate" pool with their own small slide.

HTH.

We've experienced both and we prefer the Poly :). We didn't think the Poly pool was crowded, but everyone's opinions differ ;). We love having that great view of castle while swimming and relaxing by the pool next to the beach :cloud9:. They are both great resorts with great pools, but our choice would be the Poly :wizard:.

Does the Poly pool get so crowded that it is hard to enjoy it.

Yes, unfortunately. We stayed there last week and even their quiet pool had quite a few people in it. The main pool was much too small and crowded for enjoyment.

Hi! We have stayed at both the Poly and BC in July and Aug as well and we prefer the Poly. SAB is great, but I find it a bit overwhelming for the little kids. Both will be crowded for sure and for that reason, I like the idea of the Poly pool because it's more quaint and "compact" if you will- easier to keep track of the kiddies :)

We did a split stay about 2 weeks ago between poly and BC. There is no doubt that if you really want to swim you need BC. Poly was PACKED. It was very difficult (some days impossible) to find a seat and even though they were handing out wrist bands it was still "standing room only" in the pool. There were people constantly around you. We also were not fans of the kiddie spray area. The area would become slippy and we saw multiple younger kids wipe out and hit their heads on the cement.
BC was much more relaxed. We had no problem finding a seat even when we were particular about which area of the pool we wanted to be in. They also had that great kiddie slide that Poly does not have.

All I know is we have been down many times mid August, and you at best-"kind of" cool off in the pool-esp during the afternoon. We still like it though. Then again its that or look for AC-which you will anyway when the afternoon storm hits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter