Poly likelihood of getting connecting rooms?

mlayman7

Mouseketeer
For those of you who have tried for getting connecting rooms at the Poly using points, how many were successful? We are considering adding on some points here because we like the resort but have a family of 5 and enjoy the 1 bedroom/2 bedroom (affordable point) options of the other resorts (mainly BLT and VGF). Having connecting rooms would be very similar to the 1 bedrooms without the full kitchen (which doesn't get too much use) and the laundry (which we use because it's there but would not miss it). Just not sure we want to commit and hope each time to get connecting rooms only to find out this is unlikely to occur.

Nearly all of the studios at PVB connect to the neighboring studio. So, odds should be pretty good at getting connecting studios.

I thought I read somewhere that there are less than 10 studios (cant remember how many but very little) that don't connect so the chances are extremely good. I think the most important factor is the way you request it. You need to make sure you ask for connecting rooms instead of adjoining rooms. Adjoining rooms will get you next to or close to each other while connecting would get you rooms with a door that connects the 2 rooms internally.

I got connecting rooms at Poly. I also have almost always been able to get connecting rooms at almost every resort where we have stayed. I think Disney tries to do that, if possible. Make sure you check in online at least 4 or 5 days before your arrival date, since I have heard that someone goes through all the requests 3 or 4 days before actual arrival, to try to match those up.

Even though it seems to work out for most people, I'd be very hesitant to count on it. If your vacation would be negatively impacted by not having the connecting rooms then I think even a small risk is too much. We had one trip where we requested connecting rooms and not only did they not connect, they were at opposite ends of the hallway. We had hoped to put small children to sleep in one room while the adults gathered in the other. We had to scrap that idea and the parents of the little ones had to call it a night early. Depending on your situation and the ages of those in your party, being separated could be very inconvenient.

Chances are good. There are only two Poly studios that do not connect to another studio.

Since PVB opened, I've only read one report of guests not getting a connecting request and the party consisted of all adults. IMO, it's as close to a guaranteed request as you can get from Disney.

Since PVB opened, I've only read one report of guests not getting a connecting request and the party consisted of all adults. IMO, it's as close to a guaranteed request as you can get from Disney.

Thanks, sounds like it would work out from these reports. Now just have to find a contract to offer on. Seems like there are plenty of Poly contracts available compared to other resorts right now.

Polynesian studios only connect to one other studio. It might be your bad luck that you get two studios right next to each other, but connect to different studios.

Adjoining means near each other.

Connecting means they connect through to each other.

Specify you would like Connecting rooms, and that if that is not possible, then as close to each other as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter