Poly DVC expansion coming 2024!

Presumably, those will actually be located in the main tower. But they could certainly just have a check-in desk at the parking garage exit and maybe some vending machines next to the staircase. :jester:

I imagine that to get from the parking garage to the lobby one would have to walk through a gift shop, so I think you'll need to have the lobby itself in the main building.

It's not like a few hundred DVC rooms matter in the overall inventory of Orlando hotels.

Besides, if Chapek completely gets rid of APs, which seems to be the path they're on, he won't have to worry about many of us crowding up his parks.
Oh, it matters. Follow some Disney blogs.

Did you even understand the question?

Yes I understand the question and I stand by my answer. The decision making process goes like this:

Step 1: "Let's go visit the Walt Disney World theme parks!"
Step 2: "Where are we going to stay?"

NOT...

Step 1: "Hey, Disney just built a new hotel, so let's go spend a week there!"
Step 2: "And we might as well visit the parks while we're at that hotel!"

Theme park attendance rises when more people want to visit the parks. Period. NOT because Disney opens a new hotel nearby. New hotels simply give people a greater variety of lodging alternatives.

In the past 10 years, the only new accommodations Disney has opened are the Grand Floridian villas (100 rooms), Poly Bungalows (20) and Wilderness Cabins (26). Every other DVC development was a hotel conversion + Riviera replacing Caribbean Beach rooms. And no new hotel rooms have been added since Art of Animation in 2012. (Well, I guess the 100 at Galactic Starcruiser, but those people have a very good reason for NOT being in the parks) Nevertheless, attendance at the parks was steadily rising over that period for reasons unrelated to the number of Disney-owned rooms.

Why would you think that more hotel rooms would not equal more people?
Because it shouldn't? It's not like you can only go to the parks if staying on property, in which case adding capacity would matter. People are going to Disney. They will stay where they can afford/want to, but they're going anyway regardless of the number of on site hotel rooms.

Because it shouldn't? It's not like you can only go to the parks if staying on property, in which case adding capacity would matter. People are going to Disney. They will stay where they can afford/want to, but they're going anyway regardless of the number of on site hotel rooms.
This. I said in another thread there are approximately 7 billion hotel rooms within 10 miles of WDW. (I rounded up(). Orlando has more hotel rooms than any other city in the world except Las Vegas. Lack of hotel space is keeping approximately 0 people from WDW. (I rounded down)

Must be the new math crowd.

Disney builds more resorts because they are trying to get people to spend more days in the parks.

Been thinking more about why we don't know the association yet. I think Disney is trying to stem a run on resale contracts by keeping it an unknown and then if incentive history continues release the pricing and association news at the same time close to opening. This causes a true conversation between direct vs resale where as if you know now it is the same people would rush to but resale to get a few more years out of it.

Been thinking more about why we don't know the association yet. I think Disney is trying to stem a run on resale contracts by keeping it an unknown and then if incentive history continues release the pricing and association news at the same time close to opening. This causes a true conversation between direct vs resale where as if you know now it is the same people would rush to but resale to get a few more years out of it.

Because they don’t need to decide this 2 years in advance. I think they want to have options and to make a final decision on what is best for short and long term goals.

Easier to come out with it when it’s a firm decision than say one or the other and backtrack.

I agree with you. I’ve been considering buying poly resale due to the new poly announcement. But then I remember that it might be a new association where I wouldn’t be able to stay at the new tower and it squashes my big resale dreams.

It actually does make me wonder if they are planning on making it the same association. I feel like announcing that now would hurt them as it would push some people to go ahead and buy poly resale now as you mentioned. If they announced it was a new association I would think that could only help them by stopping interested buyers from buying resale, or it could also help by pushing them to buy VGF/RIV now if they aren’t interested in a new association for poly?

I agree with you. I’ve been considering buying poly resale due to the new poly announcement. But then I remember that it might be a new association where I wouldn’t be able to stay at the new tower and it squashes my big resale dreams.
I feel the same. I was kicking the tires on a Poly resale before this announcement, but now there is no way I would buy one until the association is announced. I would be really unhappy if I bought a resale contract now and then Poly2 is launched as it’s own association with restrictions. It’s just too much risk right now for spending that much money.

Because they don’t need to decide this 2 years in advance. I think they want to have options and to make a final decision on what is best for short and long term goals.

Easier to come out with it when it’s a firm decision than say one or the other and backtrack.

I think they know, and announcing it does not help them in any fashion.

I agree with you in principle, but with a slight tweak. I am thinking they have a preferred course of action and a current plan, but are holding back on a definitive statement to keep there options open over the buildout period.
A lot of this depends on how they're thinking about the future of resale restrictions more broadly. I think we'll basically have our PVB answer when DLT goes on sale.

Well, the Moana Surfrider IS only about 100 yards from the Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki...LOL
I just stayed at the Royal Hawaiian last week and you can’t even see the hotel from the street. It is completely boxed in by the Sheraton and Royal Hawaiian Center. It is a lovely hotel.

Latest posts

facebook twitter