Poly Contracts

gmflash88

Mouseketeer
I see more and more Poly contracts every day with little movement. I'm looking at making our first DVC offer and Poly is our first choice right now, but I'm wondering what the "right" price is? I've been watching the ROFR thread as well, but given the inventory, it seems that the $140-150 range is too high at this point given the available inventory. Thoughts?

I offered asking ($145) for a 200-pt contract. Seller agreed to pay dues on the 325 banked/2020 points though.

TBH I bought w/ a long-anticipated windfall so I wasn’t wildly price-sensitive. I also wanted to match my UY from my 100-pt direct purchase. I felt it was a fair price w/ the “free” loaded points.

I’m sure you can get a better deal if you are willing to be patient, make lower offers until one is accepted. Doesn’t seem like PVB is a target for ROFR. (Fingers crossed!)

Good hunting!

It really depends on how perfect the contract is. If you find one with the UY you want and lots of extra points, it may be worth it.

In May, I was deciding between Poly and BLT, but BLT was top. I bid on Poly but was not interested in paying more that $130. I got a few sellers down to $135 but that was it.

I ended up finding perfect BLT and paid $150 which was $10 more than I wanted but it had lots of points and worth it.

It really depends on how perfect the contract is. If you find one with the UY you want and lots of extra points, it may be worth it.

In May, I was deciding between Poly and BLT, but BLT was top. I bid on Poly but was not interested in paying more that $130. I got a few sellers down to $135 but that was it.

I ended up finding perfect BLT and paid $150 which was $10 more than I wanted but it had lots of points and worth it.
I suppose more information is needed based on my situation. We are looking at the 100-150 point range. UY doesn't seem to matter much to me at this point but October would be "ideal" as most of our future trips would fall from October to February.

I understand that lower contracts like I'm looking at carry a higher price tag, but again, there sure seem to be quite a few out there right now.

Lowball on the contracts you want and be patient, and eventually you are likely to find a seller who is willing to negotiate. I offered $25 pp below asking on my Poly contract. We settled at $15 below asking, which was right what I was aiming for.

I think anywhere between $130 to $140/pt should be doable at this point.

As mentioned, offer lower and negotiate until you find a seller who agrees with your target price.

Lots out there so plenty to try!

If you are looking in the 100-150 point range than the $135-$145 range is about what I think you'll find. I just closed on a 120 point contract which was partially stripped and we settled at $140 when the asking price was $150 (I offered $135 and they countered). Truthfully I thought for a hot second about holding firm on my $135 offer, but as @Sandisw said...it all depends how perfect the contract is and this was the perfect amount of points and in the Use Year I wanted. The additional $5/point was only a difference of a few hundred dollars, which over the many years I hope to enjoy the resort, seemed like a good buy for me. I looked for several months before I put in an offer. Just hold out for the one you want and don't be afraid to offer the price you feel is fair. If you "offend" the seller, oh well. They can always say no and wait for another buyer. This is business not personal, and as you mentioned, there are a good number of contracts for the Poly out there! Happy Hunting!

It may be that those contracts being sold were financed and the owner needs to cover the cost of paying off the contract, plus paying the fees for using a broker to sell the contract.

I see more and more Poly contracts every day with little movement. I'm looking at making our first DVC offer and Poly is our first choice right now, but I'm wondering what the "right" price is? I've been watching the ROFR thread as well, but given the inventory, it seems that the $140-150 range is too high at this point given the available inventory. Thoughts?

I'm a Poly owner and would love to see Poly resales skyrocket. But even I think $140-$150 is WAY too high. There's an online tool on one of the brokers' website that's giving a very high estimate on Poly resales and it's probably driving people to list high. I tested a 200pt contract between fully stripped and fully loaded and it ranges from $150 to $168 per point.

I would check the ROFR thread, and go to www.DVCstats.com (it uses the ROFR data here to populate the information) to review information on Poly only. I'd come up with a "fair price" that I would pay and then offer a lower price. Everyone wants a bargain (I do too!), but I'd want to pass ROFR more for doing all the work for that one contract that I like. Just remember, they HAVE taken Poly contracts back despite some brokers saying that none has been.

That sounds WAY too high. Fidelity has multiple listings asking under 140 right now.

I paid 158 right before Covid hit for a 150 point contract. But it had all banked 2018 points, and 2019 points and so on. So those extra points more than warranted it for me.

I do feel like banked points aren’t properly accounted for by most people when they are looking at contracts. If you are looking to rent points at the Poly they will go for somewhere between 16 and 20 per point. When you are buying a new contract if you aren’t paying for the annual dues - which I think is standard at most all of the brokers for banked point - the buyer typically only pays current use year dues - then that should be a straightforward bottom line deduction from the assumed all in costs. That is, I would compare a contract that had double the next use year points because the prior use year points were banked selling for $148 as almost directly comparable to a contract with no banked points selling for $130

I do feel like banked points aren’t properly accounted for by most people when they are looking at contracts. If you are looking to rent points at the Poly they will go for somewhere between 16 and 20 per point. When you are buying a new contract if you aren’t paying for the annual dues - which I think is standard at most all of the brokers for banked point - the buyer typically only pays current use year dues - then that should be a straightforward bottom line deduction from the assumed all in costs. That is, I would compare a contract that had double the next use year points because the prior use year points were banked selling for $148 as almost directly comparable to a contract with no banked points selling for $130

If someone is buying now, I would not plan on such high rental rates, Disney has come out with some very good discounts, and that will continue into 2021.

So, if renting out extra points is needed, I’d probably use closer to $13 to $14/pt, even for Poly as the rental market is not what it used to be.

It depends on when the points expire but some of the brokers will still pay $16/point for Poly if you can book 11 months out. And I do think you can still get more than that if you are willing to rent the points directly yourself. One of the nice things about Poly is that its a low price point from the number of points needed perspective to get a studio and seems to have fairly consistent demand.

It depends on when the points expire but some of the brokers will still pay $16/point for Poly if you can book 11 months out. And I do think you can still get more than that if you are willing to rent the points directly yourself. One of the nice things about Poly is that its a low price point from the number of points needed perspective to get a studio and seems to have fairly consistent demand.

Before now, I’d agree with you. Now, not so much a sure thing. That was my point. Go in expecting less because I am reading many posts from cash guests who have seen the troubles renters have gone through and won’t make the same leap they did before.

35% to 40% off discounts on cash rooms, for a completely safe booking that can be canceled with full refund is going to make it tough, even for popular resorts like Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!