Pollen, Asthma and Tomorrow

MGM4EVER

Earning My Ears
OK, we always go the first 2 weeks in May and my asthma problem due to pollen is always an issue. I clear my voice every 5 minutes. I'm always trying to not do it in the terminal especially. But this and tomorrow is going to be a whole different ball game. I have my meds and inhaler but have 2 concerns.

First is obviously getting to board the ship without issue.

Second is having people look at me like I''m a walking, talking, ticket to their death.

I know the rules of the game are going to be new right now. But does anyone have this problem to deal with besides me?

Also, are the rest of you going to be able to handle it?

It's been a real bad couple of months for us and I don't think I can take fighting with crew to board, or fellow passengers thinking it's more then it is. It's medically impossible for me to be I'll since I have not been out of the house in well over a month. Nor has DH. (Laid off, Possible Foreclosure, etc) So we really couldn't have anything. This trip is to jump start our hope and come back to fight one more time. I know I will cry or wind up needing bail if they give me any trouble.

Am I alone? Anyone have the allergies, pollen, asthma problem issues and concerns? Think we should not even try and just give up now? I don't think I can take anymore disappointment right now. Thoughts?

:confused3

A note from your doctor documenting that this is a chronic condition might be a good thing.

My daughter's asthma has been pretty bad also . But , when we were at sea , she didn't wease at all. thank God. The ocean air does seem to clear her lungs. I hope it does the same for you. Sorry to hear about your husband's job but I do hope you can go and have a great time. I agree with the person before me that thinks a Dr's note would help.

I don't have asthma but do have bad allergies and until my recent sinus surgery, had chronic sinusitis. Of course that didn't cure my allergies but at least I can breathe through my nose. :cool1:
I still get that drip where I feel like I'm constantly clearing my throat. I've found, since visiting an ENT, that Sudafed really helps with that. I've been taking it twice per day for a while now. I get the 'real' stuff that you have to ask for at the counter and show my DL. It's worth it.
I make sure I take it before flying too and it helps with the pain in my ears.

Good luck and have a great time!:goodvibes

I do not think you will have much of an issue with boarding. You do not have a fever or any other S/S of being ill. For comfort reasons, a note from your MD would just be a little security and would not hurt. To help you "breath" a little better :lmao: just know that once you get out to sea and hit the Carribean waters, it will be as if you are a different person. That part of the world does "Wonders". Every Asthmatic/Allergenic person (us included) become a different person once you hit that part of the world. Now this I can give you first hand as my DD & DH are Stat 5 & 6 Allergy prone people. I too am an asthmatic, we choose to cruise because it is the only place we can be free from our problems for a little bit of time. Now if I can just get all of the staff on the ship "in-sync" with all of her medical stats. We are almost there and it has only taken a little over a half dozen of cruises to do it. :thumbsup2 We have not been denied boarding and sometimes she appears to be hacking out a lung in the terminal.:sad1:
So know that you will be kicking up your heels and shaking it like this and shaking it like that while breathing well..... Have a Magical Cruise...:hug:

This vacation is about you. It's a time for you to relax and refresh yourself. If you are worried about what other people think, it is going cause you stress and probably increase your symptoms. A thought I had that might alleviate your stress is to show up at the port a bit later. Then you won't have to sit there and be concerned about what other people are thinking. Have a nice leisurely morning with the honey, arrive at port, no wait, board immediately, go do all your favorite DCL traditions. No worries. In no time you'll be out in the middle of the ocean feeling like a new person. I remember having terrible fall allergies one year, then taking a trip to the beach..... ahhhhh the ability to breathe again.

Enjoy your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter