POLL: Who is canceling their cruise due to new CDC advisory on cruise travel?

Who is canceling their cruise due to new CDC advisory on cruise travel?

  • I am still going.

    Votes: 259 62.4%
  • I am canceling.

    Votes: 59 14.2%
  • I'm on the fence about cancelling.

    Votes: 97 23.4%

  • Total voters
    415

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Joined
Dec 15, 2003
I don't have a cruise booked, but the CDC wouldn't even be a factor in my decision. The fact the ports are denying docking rights because they feel the CDC/Cruise line protocols don't go far enough would likely cause me to cancel.
 

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
Joined
Apr 28, 2012
We sail Feb 8th. Concierge and PIF so no plans to cancel. However, if we're offered an option to get a full refund, I'd definitely consider canceling. (As it is one of our ports is likely to be a sea day.)
 

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
we're on the Feb 7th on the Dream. Hoping we would at least be able to visit Castaway Cay? I wouldn't be thrilled to spend $2100 for 2 to just stay on the boat. ;) ;)
 

John VN

N.Y. STYLE CHEESECAKE RULES!!!
Joined
Aug 2, 2003
Not a DCL but MSC cruise this Sunday that DW cancelled at 9am this morning NOT due to CDC but because entry onto their Island has been denied this week. Meraviglia was GREEN on Monday but is YELLOW today so NO WAY. Hopefully things will be better for our March cruise.
 

Wosmama6

Mouseketeer
Joined
Jun 9, 2015
We are on Jan 22 magic. Only reason I haven't cancelled yet is because omicron is moving SO quickly, and we get a lot of exposure from preschool and DH's job, that I'm not ruling out us getting it any day now and thus being able to get 90d letters and cruise without fear of catching it again so soon.

In other words, I'm not going unless I get covid next week. Not fun all around.
 

  • EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

  • DMMarla07860

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    May 12, 2005
    Holding out hope here. My Dad and I aren’t scheduled to go till August/September 2022. So we will see.

    my mom thought they were Petri Dishes before this anyway 🤣💯
     

    iivye

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 22, 2013
    We have one booked in early February and still plan on going. We've both been vaccinated since June and both had Covid in the last month so we're not too worried.
     

    Anthony Vito

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 16, 2017
    We're actually about to book a trip for April. Based on past surges/waves and the data so far on this one, our hope is that we'll be back in a low period. Hopefully April will be a down time. The bigger worry is what it will look like in February when the final payment is due.
     
  • lklgoodman

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Jul 25, 2016
    Our cruise is at the end of March. Dh and I just got our boosters and our 13 yr old dd will get her's as soon as they let her age group. Where I live very few people wear mask or social distant(my family wears masks and are all introverts so we don't do much socializing anyway). I feel like cruising is safer than going to our local grocery store, which is why I do online pick up.
     

    emmabelle

    Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
    Joined
    Jun 15, 2004
    So what if we are 38 days away from our cruise? Is there any recourse?
     

    cvjw

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Dec 22, 2005
    So what if we are 38 days away from our cruise? Is there any recourse?
    You can cancel within the 14 day mark if you are exposed to covid or your traveling party catches it.

    We are 14 days from one cruise and 17 from another. We aren’t planning on cancelling, but it will be hard to not be exposed to someone with covid between now and sailing date.
     

    CaptainAmerica

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Oct 12, 2018
    I don't have one scheduled at the moment but I have an April 10 Vero Beach trip that might become an April 11 Dream or April 11 Magic Double Dip.

    I don't particularly care what the CDC says, and I have young kids so what we're able to do at non-Castaway ports is very limited anyways. My only hesitation would be getting stuck in Miami or Orlando the week of Easter with no accommodations if we test positive at the port and aren't able to fly home.
     

    emmabelle

    Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
    Joined
    Jun 15, 2004
    You can cancel within the 14 day mark if you are exposed to covid or your traveling party catches it.

    We are 14 days from one cruise and 17 from another. We aren’t planning on cancelling, but it will be hard to not be exposed to someone with covid between now and sailing date.
    I would just want to move my dates to May? Not sure if they would do that?


    We were exposed on Christmas Day and dodged that bullet so far. I have a feeling it will keep happening although a lot of our family members have had it in the last 2 months.
     

    aboveH20

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 9, 2010
    Canceled January 3 cruise.

    I mentioned a few reasons in the “How many days until” thread and willl add to that despite what we think, if the newspaper wrote about us the would call us elderly:sad: Seemed the prudent thing to do.
     

    Connect

    TODAY'S HEADLINES

    Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!



    Top