Poll: Does your spring holiday table have decorative foods?

Poll: Does your spring holiday table have decorative holiday foods?

• Total voters

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
For us we have Easter, but there is also Passover, Ramadan and other celebrations I don't even know about, including maybe that some people just like the fact it is getting nice out.

Yesterday, I got caught up looking at all the cute ways to serve fruits, veggies, appetizers & even sandwiches which could be appetizers. So I did what ya do & ordered a bunch of googley eye candy, some black sprinkles & black icing to use for the eyes because there is no way this lady can craft an eye out of an olive for a little critter and not cut myself.

I have never made cute stuff before but think I might start because, really, why not, and was wondering what other people might put on their tables?

If so what do you make? Photos or links

For me current frontrunners:
Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 8.37.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-27 at 8.39.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-27 at 8.41.10 AM.png

Last edited:
:goodvibes Based on your examples in the pictures, the answer is no, but I’d never say never. Those whimsical dishes look to me like they’re aimed to appeal to children and we don’t have any, anymore, in our immediate circle. I do put on a very attractive festive feast for Easter when we’re hosting and I’d be willing to throw something like that together for the right crowd. I do know how to cut a large marshmallow into a bunny with scissors and rely heavily on the use of Peeps for decorating desserts. ;)

Not really. If we see an Easter bunny butter sculpture, we'll get one of those(they have turkey sculptures at Thanksgiving.) DW will make some sort of lamb or bunny cake with the DGDs.
I envy y’all your festive butter sculptures...such wonders are simply not available here. :sad1: I do blame @RedAngie for ever introducing the concept of butter lambs to my consciousness. I was actually a pretty content person before I knew they existed.

I suppose whimsy is my scene. We have no little kids but I still put out some bright foam Easter Eggs in the planters & cover the house with whimsical collections of bright flowers, so I suppose I invite touches of Disney inside 24/7. Meals were wholesome but def not decorative & I think this cute stuff would have been wasted on my kids anyway. All they needed was a Fruit Rollup tattoo or a bag of chips and I was a rock star.

Normally my wife tries to avoid fixing foods associated with specific holidays, on those holidays.
She did buy corned beef a few weeks ago, but we didn't have it for St. Patrick's Day, it was on sale and we had it a couple of weeks before St. Patrick's Day.

Normally my wife tries to avoid fixing foods associated with specific holidays, on those holidays.
She did buy corned beef a few weeks ago, but we didn't have it for St. Patrick's Day, it was on sale and we had it a couple of weeks before St. Patrick's Day.
Hmmm, why avoid? I tend to be all in on such things & enjoy being swept up, which is the only possible sane explanation for seeing the Hoop Dee Doo more than once.

I am not that into cooking and baking, it's a chore, I would not add extra work to it making cutesy stuff. Besides, it is mostly just me & DH, and he doesn't care. We don't do much entertaining. Perhaps when grandson is old enough to notice, but probably not.

Sounds like fun, well, good luck with that.
Not trend setters for sure.
When our friends in the 1980's were buying Volvos and BMWs, we bought a Mercury.
Now that people are cutting the cord and streaming, we are dropping the streaming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter