Policy on COVID related discussions

Has anyone found a telehealth place to give you a COVID letter of recovery? I have a positive PCR test from Walgreens but just need to find someone to write me a letter. The local travel doctor said they don't do that, my PCP is impossible to get ahold of, and an urgent care I reached out to said they only do it with COVID tests administered by them. Now turning to see if there are good telehealth options but it's hard to tell what is legit.

Has anyone found a telehealth place to give you a COVID letter of recovery? I have a positive PCR test from Walgreens but just need to find someone to write me a letter. The local travel doctor said they don't do that, my PCP is impossible to get ahold of, and an urgent care I reached out to said they only do it with COVID tests administered by them. Now turning to see if there are good telehealth options but it's hard to tell what is legit.
I know that I can do telehealth directly through my health insurance portal. Maybe log in there and see if you have that option?

I know that I can do telehealth directly through my health insurance portal. Maybe log in there and see if you have that option?
Thanks! I ended up using QuickMD and they were great! Appointment was a phone call and took 5 minutes, sent my PDF letter immediately.

We will be going to Disney world and then to our first cruise. We are all fully vaccinated and healthy, so not worried about getting sick. I am worried abut getting Covid and being denied boarding. Has any one been in this situation?

I’m not sure this is appropriate here so I will spare tons of details for now.

I am hoping to get a full refund of my deposits and the cost of insurance from DCL as a solution to this problem. I don’t quite know how to approach them about it.

I booked two cruises when the policy was if you don’t provide Covid vaccine information you need to purchase travel insurance in order to sail. I purchased the insurance.

DCL changed the policy to needing to provide proof you are fully vaccinated in order to sail. I can’t do that as I can’t be fully vaccinated for MEDICAL reasons.

I canceled the cruises and filed claims then appeals with the travel insurance company. They will not pay the claims because “can not be vaccinated” isn’t covered by the policy.

DCL has given me a 75% credit of my deposits minus the cost of insurance toward a future cruise. I can’t go on a future cruise. I can’t be fully vaccinated.

This is a large amount of money as one cruise was for a concierge room on the maiden voyage of the Wish.

Thank you for any ideas you have to help me. I’m extremely emotional about this.

That policy was only in effect for a short time last summer. Since it was a concierge booking, I probably would have considered kicking the date down the road for a while in hopes the rules will eventually adjust. I do think it will -- eventually.

Unfortunately, the cost of insurance is probably lost. But unless you were within the penalty period for your cruise date, I'm surprised the insurance was even purchased. DCL doesn't "buy" that on behalf of the guest until the PIF date. Did you cancel after the PIF date for a cruise, thus within the penalty period? I know the concierge deposit is non-refundable, but if not within the penalty period the rest should have been refunded.

That policy was only in effect for a short time last summer. Since it was a concierge booking, I probably would have considered kicking the date down the road for a while in hopes the rules will eventually adjust. I do think it will -- eventually.

Unfortunately, the cost of insurance is probably lost. But unless you were within the penalty period for your cruise date, I'm surprised the insurance was even purchased. DCL doesn't "buy" that on behalf of the guest until the PIF date. Did you cancel after the PIF date for a cruise, thus within the penalty period? I know the concierge deposit is non-refundable, but if not within the penalty period the rest should have been refunded.
Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I was required to purchase the insurance myself. DCL didn’t purchase it.

The policy at the time allowed people who didn’t provide proof of vaccination to sail if and only if they purchased the travel insurance. That policy later was changed to all people age five and above have to provide proof they are fully vaccinated in order to sail.

I canceled one cruise in the penalty period. I had paid in full prior to the policy change.

Attached is the relevant portion of the insurance claim denial letter.

Thank you for your input.

Attachments

• 03F465A6-FB43-4063-B664-5F74D70CC333.jpeg
    03F465A6-FB43-4063-B664-5F74D70CC333.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I was required to purchase the insurance myself. DCL didn’t purchase it.
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. DCL also offered insurance that covered those early requirements for unvaxxed so I made a wrong assumption there. Sometimes 3rd party coverage will let you move the policy to another cruise, but usually a hard "no" on the refund.

I thought DCL had offered a "free" period to cancel/change dates each time they've had a fairly significant policy change - like the vax requirement. If I recall it was maybe a 2-week period late last August. But there were definitely people who got caught unaware; sorry it impacted you.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. DCL also offered insurance that covered those early requirements for unvaxxed so I made a wrong assumption there. Sometimes 3rd party coverage will let you move the policy to another cruise, but usually a hard "no" on the refund.

I thought DCL had offered a "free" period to cancel/change dates each time they've had a fairly significant policy change - like the vax requirement. If I recall it was maybe a 2-week period late last August. But there were definitely people who got caught unaware; sorry it impacted you.
DCL may have had that “free” period but my first email regarding the change in policy is dated 9/3/2021. I booked the cruises in May and June 2021.

I didn’t cancel at that time because I thought I would be able to be fully vaccinated before cruising. I was wrong.

Thank you for the information you have provided and for your sympathy. I can’t imagine very many people ended up in this situation.

I hope this is the correct place to ask this, but we are sailing August 1st on the Wish. We have all had our two initial doses of Moderna and a few of us had a booster earlier in the year but could technically get another one at this point.

Some of my traveling party does not have a booster at all. Does DCL still consider them fully vaccinated without any boosters? TIA!

Some of my traveling party does not have a booster at all. Does DCL still consider them fully vaccinated without any boosters?
DCL does not require boosters, just the initial vaccine series. Depending on destination, some ports may require a booster (mainly European ports, not the Wish itinerary at this time).

DCL does not require boosters, just the initial vaccine series. Depending on destination, some ports may require a booster (mainly European ports, not the Wish itinerary at this time).
Thank you so much for the clarification. That’s how I read it on DCL’s site but then it said it followed CDC guidelines and when I went there it looked like the CDC doesn’t consider you fully vaccinated unless you’ve had the boosters. I appreciate your help!

that's too bad. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to make sure they've had as much protection as possible before going on a cruise. where you will be exposed. We're still going at the end of Sept. but I'm kind of hoping there's one more push to boost before we go. I'm glad that kids down to 6 months are going to be able to getting there shots and cruise again.

We decided to hold off the DCL for next year. This year we are driving down to Florida and do Disney World for my son bday. The reason is my son was hospitalize due to Rhinovirus. We are not taking the chance for him to get vaccinated anytime soon.

We are currently in San Diego for Dance Nationals. I will be more surprised if we dont get it than if we do. Well, my daughter. I had it for the first time a month ago. I think there’s some expectation of infection on any sort of travel with large groups of people.

On the 6-Night Canada Cruise from New York embarkation 10/10/2022 on Disney Magic, we have two excursions scheduled while docked/tendered in Saint John, and Halifax. Do we need to provide proof of COVID vaccinations to Canada prior to arriving at their Ports? Are we required to send documentation to the ArriveCAN website?

Are we required to send documentation to the ArriveCAN website?
At this time (if your cruise were tomorrow) I believe you would need to do ArriveCAN with any required documentation for your Canadian port stops. What rules will be in place come October is anyone’s guess.

At this time (if your cruise were tomorrow) I believe you would need to do ArriveCAN with any required documentation for your Canadian port stops. What rules will be in place come October is anyone’s guess.
Thank you for your response. So many additional steps are needed because of COVID I just don't want to miss a step.

My son (turning 4 in August) is getting vaccinated this week (It's been a living hell for us with my son health).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!