Points not taken out of account after stay

Hoppy-tn

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed for free?
wife and I was at grand Floridian Friday night for the Halloween event. We was Planning on going daytona beach for a week after Friday night but obviously the hurricane changed those plans. Friday when we got to grand Floridian i asked the desk member if there was anything available for the next two nights. They called member services and a gentleman said we could stay in the same room for the next 2 nights if I confirmed approval to use points from one of our accounts, I confirmed and he said he would take care of it.
Sunday we booked a room at animal kingdom for 2 nights to extend our trip and the points was immediately removed from our account however as of this morning the points for our additional 2 nights at grand Floridian have still not been took out. Am I getting my hopes up for nothing thinking we got 2 nights for free?

Has anyone ever stayed for free?
wife and I was at grand Floridian Friday night for the Halloween event. We was Planning on going daytona beach for a week after Friday night but obviously the hurricane changed those plans. Friday when we got to grand Floridian i asked the desk member if there was anything available for the next two nights. They called member services and a gentleman said we could stay in the same room for the next 2 nights if I confirmed approval to use points from one of our accounts, I confirmed and he said he would take care of it.
Sunday we booked a room at animal kingdom for 2 nights to extend our trip and the points was immediately removed from our account however as of this morning the points for our additional 2 nights at grand Floridian have still not been took out. Am I getting my hopes up for nothing thinking we got 2 nights for free?
Most likely it will take a few weeks for it to show up.

When changes are made at the hotel, it can take time to have your account updated. I have read up to 3 weeks in some cases for the account to become accurate.

I have had similar situations a couple times. The points were always taken out of my account eventually.

Thanks for replies, I figured they would evidently come out, that could get someone in trouble booking something a few days after and using points that are not suppose to be there.

If the points in question are used, when the accounts are reconciled, the reservation that used them will be cancelled or other points from the account in deficit will be pulled to keep the reservation. Why would someone want to go through that?

It's like the people who get a large of amount of money added to their bank account in error. They don't get to keep it, and those who quickly spent it (or transferred it out) were in big trouble.

Much better to just let the accounting catch up! It eventually will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter