• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

point rental/resale ??

jagson

Mouseketeer
I've noticed the price for rental points and resales have gone up. Are these signs of an improving economy, demand greater than supply, arrival of Aulani, and/or the upcoming arrivals of the GF and Poly DVCs? Has it leveled off, or will it likely continue to escalate? I know it could always turn sour. Is there a time of year when resales jump? Once you've put your resale on the market for X-amount of dollars, can that asking price be adjusted up or down, if your not in negotiations with a potential buyer?

I've noticed the price for rental points and resales have gone up. Are these signs of an improving economy, demand greater than supply, arrival of Aulani, and/or the upcoming arrivals of the GF and Poly DVCs? Has it leveled off, or will it likely continue to escalate? I know it could always turn sour. Is there a time of year when resales jump? Once you've put your resale on the market for X-amount of dollars, can that asking price be adjusted up or down, if your not in negotiations with a potential buyer?

I think a lot of non-members have found the brokers to be a good deal for them. But sometimes, the brokers don't have the points they need to make the reservation. So the brokers are offering more to owners wanting to rent out their points. And it allows individuals to beat the broker's price and get more than the broker would give them. So the price per point goes up.

You can pull a contract anytime you want before it has been sold. And you can relist for a higher price if you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter