• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ what room did you stay in?

2214....loved it. It was pretty central. Garden view. The parking lot was just past the garden. Food court was 1min53sec walk from our room (yes, I timed it), about 2min 15sec with my 3yr old. Boat launch was only about 30 seconds away. I will definitely stay here again. We usually stay deluxe, but due to the size of this resort, it's a moderate with almost a deluxe feel.

Hello!

We are going to POFQ in January 2013 and are very excited!!! It will be my friend and I, and my 9 year old son and her 8 year old niece.
My questions are:
1. At this moment in time we have a standard room. When we check in, do we ask for an upgrade? If so, what do we ask for?
2. Is it possible to get a rollaway bed for my son (the bed hog!)
3. How is the food at POFQ? My crew are not very adventurous eaters - mainly cheeseburgers and pizza!

Thanks for the help!
Tracy

Hello!

We are going to POFQ in January 2013 and are very excited!!! It will be my friend and I, and my 9 year old son and her 8 year old niece.
My questions are:
1. At this moment in time we have a standard room. When we check in, do we ask for an upgrade? If so, what do we ask for?
3. How is the food at POFQ? My crew are not very adventurous eaters - mainly cheeseburgers and pizza!

Thanks for the help!
Tracy

We were in building two (Garden View), first floor with the dragon slide right out our window. I want to say it was 2135... ideal location to the pool (laundry, bar), boat dock with in steps from our door. Could easily walk to parking lot if you needed something out of your car, food court was very close. We would request this building again, for sure! It was considered Garden View since it was on the first floor and you had to look through the bushes to see the pool.

Hello!

My questions are:

Thanks for the help!
Tracy

1. If you ask for an upgrade, you will most likely be quoted the price to change to another category. If you have discounts, you will basically lose them, because it is a new reservation. Only you can decide what is more important to you. One of the last ways to get an upgrade is ask for it and expect it for free.

2. Nope, since they changed to queen sized beds, they eliminated the rollaways. You can bring a twin sized air mattress and lean it against the wall during the day when not in use.

3. The menus for POFQ are on the POFQ thread or on portorleans.org.

We were in bldg two, garden view first floor. We faced the opposite side of the pool. LOVED IT THERE. The boat launch was like 30 seconds away and the food court was between a minute or two. Fantastic location!

bookgirl said:
I had 5139 last September. Building 5 1st floor backside facing the courtyard where they show movies. Loved this location. About halfway between busstops and boat dock (as in equal time to walk to both). Never was bothered by the movies or the kids playing before hand, couldn't hear them once my tv was on.

We stay in building 5, ground floor, facing courtyard every time. Love it. Quiet, great location, central to pool, buses, and boat launch. Our favorite location, at our favorite resort.

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter