POFQ vs CSR (switching for food?)

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
Ok, I got my DBF all interested in POFQ. It's his first trip and wants the full disney experience, he "needs" a smaller resort (he hates walking... I know not the trip for him but we are taking it slow), and he loves New Orleans. Perfect resort for him right?

We are getting the DDP and now that I'm looking over TS and CS places, I'm wondering if he would be happier with the food choices at CSR. We won't have a rental car (one of his requests is no driving). I know the resort is huge and will be full of convention goers. We are going in January so the pool isn't a factor.

Should I stick with POFQ and just travel to CSR for a meal or two?

I considered renting a car onsite (using ME to and from airport) and just explaining to him that I think he would be happier having multiple options sometimes.

If you think the beautiful landscaping will make him forget he's walking across a large resort than switch..otherwise sounds like you should stay where you are.

Traveling to CSR will be easy as pie.

If your boyfriend specifically requested a smaller resort then I think you should stick with POFQ. You can always visit the Pepper Market over at CSR for lunch or dinner one day.

Melissa

The resort is small, there is a food court, and every 20 minutes during the day and every 10 minutes at night there is a boat that goes up to POR or down to DTD!!

We loved our stay at POR, and would like to try POFQ next time.

If you are going to the parks, there are tons of places to eat, we were hardly at our resort during meal time!

Have fun.

POFQ is magical!!! The food court is small, but they vary the dishes and have interesting home-cooked things every night (ribs, jambalaya, roast chicken) in addition to the "standard" stuff. The beignets are out of this world. The ambiance cannot be beat - request ground floor, building 2 or 5.

Coronado is massive. Everyone I have ever known to stay there got placed on the opposite end of the lake from the food court so they had to drive there. What is the point in staying there if you have to drive or take the bus to the food court? Plus, whenever we ate there we had to wait in big lines - took forever. Good food, but just a lot more time consuming. Plus, no other transportation other than bus - no boat anywhere.

No brainer - keep POFQ - they have a live jazz musician named Elliott Dyson that sings right outside the bar on Wednesday through Saturday night. He is really enjoyable... Keep POFQ, and you'll thank me later for this.

Okok I'll stick with POFQ :goodvibes

Just obsessing because while we will be in the parks every day, DBF "needs" breakfast every morning (i swear he could be my son instead of my boyfriend... :rotfl: ) and was trying to find the best one for him (planning on Maya grill, Crystal Palace, and Kona Cafe 3 out of the 6 mornings!)

Not only that, but the parks are going to close earlier because it's January and I have a feeling that at least two of the nights we are going to need dinner after the parks close (eg MK has spectro at 7 and wishes at 8 and I can't see us eating before 7pm) and we will probably need an easy counter service meal the first night... wish it could be more special than that but DBF probably will have been working for 20 hours straight prior to the flight.

Ok, Final Decision :rotfl:

POFQ is absolutely wonderful & small. It's very quiet & serene. I say just travel for your TS restaurants. I've always enjoyed the food at the POFQ Food Court for some CS meals.

We just got back from our Disneymoon at POFQ we layed low most of the time we were there. The food court gave us good CS choices when we came back in the afternoon to hang out at the pool and the night we arrived we took the boat to POR for a sit down dinner. It was very romantic. So Relax and enjoy!!!:thumbsup2

don't forget that CSR is a convention hotel..

My wife and daughter had to leave the pool the last time we went there (well only time). There were guys in business suits doing nothing but oogling the women at the pool. Standing around and checking out the women while dresses in suits and wearing convention nametags

I really creeped my wife out.. We even tried to move hotels but no luck..

We have stayed on property 5 times (POR is our 6th in 2 weeks) and we will NEVER go back to CSR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter