POFQ v. POR? (first post!)

DisneyWorld2015

Earning My Ears
Hello okay I just made this account about 5 minutes ago & this is my first shot at a forum! I hope this works :confused:
I've really only been to Disney World once other than as a toddler, & am planning a trip for March 2015 (I like to plan reaalllyyy early for vacations) for my senior trip with a few friends (1-3).
I have decided that I want to stay at either POFQ or POR, but haven't been to either & hear they're both great.
Any suggestions? I have plenty of time haha.
BTW: Pool & dining options other than quick service meals at the resorts do not make a difference in my decision!
Thank you so much...if anyone reads this :thanks:

FQ is more compact - but you can make up for that by getting a "preferred" room at Alligator Bayou in RS - very close to the main building and bus stop and saves a lot of walking at the resort. And the views are wonderful.

FQ is the first stop for the combined buses - you have a better chance at getting a seat going to the parks, get off the bus first going home - no matter what you have to go through all the combined FQ and RS bus stops.:sad2:

RS has the better QS dining (as of last May, better selection and quality - we stayed at FQ but ate at RS) and has Boatwrights for sit-down. RS also has the marina - but a slightly longer boat ride to DTD.

Our favorite resort is RS - Alligator Bayou

Check out www.portorleans.org if you haven't already. It's an amazing website with tons of info on both resorts.

For DH & I we love POR over POFQ. Particularly the preferred rooms in Alligator Bayou. They are close to the great food court, buses & have a quiet pool right there & aren't too far from the main pool.

We had no issues with the buses & never shared with POFQ at all. We took the boat to DTD a lot & also took a.carriage ride through POFQ. We decided it was too small & we didn't like the theming.

Whatever you choose I'm sure you will love. Ut. There's a lot of threads on here & lots of help & info from Andre' and Venomhatch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter