Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

We got our confirmation - excited to join you all!

D5-14218 - mzalicia - Alicia & Corwin

I can't believe Corwin will be 14 at time of sailing...seems so far away

I'm sure you are not alone Cheri. A bunch of us were on the Oasis a couple of years ago for "not Podcast Cruise 1.0". There was a podcast recorded while on board which should be in the archives someplace. I'd suggest starting with that plus the one right after we got back which I believe had a wrap-up.

Thanks Jeff...I'm going to search for those podcasts.....since you were on it, can I ask you a question? My daughter wants to get a drink package for her and her husband...but I don't think it would be worth it for me...however I saw a package that was for coffee, juice, tea, soda.....should I and my grand daughter get that one? I know on the Wonder, there was a drink station open 24-7 that was free. Doesn't the Oasis have anything like that? I don't mind, I just want to know ahead of time. Thanks.

Remember, tho...Oodles of folks on that board are not podcast people. So try not to make them feel left out.
Excellent point! Absolutely keep in mind that the Roll Call is for EVERYONE on the cruise, not just the DIS folks.

Thanks Jeff...I'm going to search for those podcasts.....since you were on it, can I ask you a question? My daughter wants to get a drink package for her and her husband...but I don't think it would be worth it for me...however I saw a package that was for coffee, juice, tea, soda.....should I and my grand daughter get that one? I know on the Wonder, there was a drink station open 24-7 that was free. Doesn't the Oasis have anything like that? I don't mind, I just want to know ahead of time. Thanks.
Cheri, the drink situation on Royal is very different than on DCL. There is no free drink station for soft drinks. You can get coffee, cold water, iced tea and a lemonade like beverage for free, but anything else comes at a cost. We've found the drink package for alcoholic beverages doesn't seem to be worth it for us. The soft drink beverage package is probably worth it though.

Cheri, the drink situation on Royal is very different than on DCL. There is no free drink station for soft drinks. You can get coffee, cold water, iced tea and a lemonade like beverage for free, but anything else comes at a cost. We've found the drink package for alcoholic beverages doesn't seem to be worth it for us. The soft drink beverage package is probably worth it though.

Ok, that makes sense....thanks for the info. Oh, I went back and found the podcast on the Oasis.....not too much info but it was cool to rewatch.

Can anyone tell me if I book a stateroom for 4, would it be a problem to remove the 4th person from the reservation if he is not able to go? I've never dealt with royal caribbean.

Can anyone tell me if I book a stateroom for 4, would it be a problem to remove the 4th person from the reservation if he is not able to go? I've never dealt with royal caribbean.

As long as you cancel before final payment is due (September 2016), you should be fine.

Generally speaking, no it's not a problem. The reservation can be changed or cancelled for a refund anytime before final payment. After fp, there are fees involved. Sometimes with RCL they will say we can't leave 3 people in a room for 4. Or 2 people in a room for 3 if one cancels. All of that being you are best to book for maximum number and reduce people if necessary.

Triple and quad occupancy can be hard to get, book for 4 and remove one later if need be. There is more risk in trying to add a person later than removing one.

Jeff,

Do you think we can have another event with the wine snob on this cruise? :)

I am very excited to be going on my first Podcast Cruise. I don't spend very much time on the boards but I listed to the Podcast, The Trip and Universal faithfully. Hopefully I will get to know more of you before the actual cruise.

12184 - mcnealrkn - Mary & Keith

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter