Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

You can not compare dining on the Oasis to dining on any Disney ship.

I have been on many Oasis and Allure sailings and have never...not once....dined in the main dining room.

Thanks for chiming in Kevin! Interesting that you haven't dined in the main dining room. Is it the set time and pace you don't like or you just prefer the other food options? I am excited about the idea of an Oasis 101 podcast where we learn more about the activities/entertainment/dining available onboard. It's rainy and 42 here in Ohio so I don't care that the cruise is a year and a half away. I'm dreaming now.

When I was on Oasis for my New Years cruise December 2014, Seafood Shack had already converted to "SABOR" Mexican Restaurant.

Also, it seems like dining on the Oasis is ever changing. I am excited by all of the options! Not sure about 150 Central Park - looks a little too different for our plebian tastes. Now, Giovanni's and Chops Grille look like places I would pay extra for. I acquired a prosciutto addiction in Italy that I have not been able to shake, and I am always up for a good steak! Vintages looks fun!

Laurie

If only I knew a great travel agent who would alert me if some great deal were to come out.

RCCLs Buy One Get One Half Off sales ends on 4/30 so there is time to take advantage of this offer before it goes away.

The Oasis will be still be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale until late 2016.

Thanks for chiming in Kevin! Interesting that you haven't dined in the main dining room. Is it the set time and pace you don't like or you just prefer the other food options?

I am not a fan of the main dining rooms on any ship. I don't even care for the Disney dining rooms.

I think I prefer something a bit more intimate.

I
don't like having a set time, although I will make reservations and keep them. I also don't like the pace of the meal.

John and I find that we love the buffet. We go when we are hungry. we can wear our shorts and
shirts and we can stay as little or as long as we like. And it's usually the same food.

We like visiting the "pay" restaurants and don't mind paying for the more intimate experience.

So true. This is by far, the farthest out we have ever booked a vacation. Heck, we haven't decided where we are going for summer vacation this year yet, but we know we're cruising 20 months from now.

The one advantage Steve is that we have that much more time to get the $ to pay for it... plus squirrel some away for the extras

I am not a fan of the main dining rooms on any ship. I don't even care for the Disney dining rooms.

I
don't like having a set time, although I will make reservations and keep them. I also don't like the pace of the meal.

John and I find that we love the buffet. We go when we are hungry. we can wear our shorts and
shirts and we can stay as little or as long as we like. And it's usually the same food.

We like visiting the "pay" restaurants and don't mind paying for the more intimate experience.

Kevin, is it right that Windjammer's for dinner is a menu experience and not a buffet?

So true. This is by far, the farthest out we have ever booked a vacation. Heck, we haven't decided where we are going for summer vacation this year yet, but we know we're cruising 20 months from now.

When I booked PCC 2.0 it was way out too...something like 15 or 16 months if memory serves me...it was a long to wait, but did give us extra time to pay for it and save up money. It also gives us plenty of time to get to know other people that are going. It would be cool if some time next year they can open up a chat room for PCC 6.0.
I decided that I'm not taking a vacation this year, just a day off here and there...that way I can sell back my time next year and have extra spending money. My daughter doesn't even want to talk about the cruise until next year :rolleyes1

Just one point to keep in mind – late dining on Royal Caribbean will sell out at some point. My time dining will always be available. You can always switch from late dining to my time dining, but not the other way around.

My daughter doesn't even want to talk about the cruise until next year
My wife doesn't really want to talk about it either. I can't really blame her. It is so far away and there are so many other things going on before then. Like I said, we need to plan this summer's vacation. We will be in Florida in November for a convention and vacation so that needs to be planned. We'll likely travel over winter break in January with our daughter, possibly back to Disney. And they'll be a 2016 summer vacation all before this cruise happens. So it's kind of tough to get too excited or do too much planning this far out. It isn't really "real" yet.

Miami Mike, please change our cabin to another cabin.
yellow-smiley-surprised-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
When I booked PCC 2.0 it was way out too...something like 15 or 16 months if memory serves me...it was a long to wait, but did give us extra time to pay for it and save up money. It also gives us plenty of time to get to know other people that are going. It would be cool if some time next year they can open up a chat room for PCC 6.0.
I decided that I'm not taking a vacation this year, just a day off here and there...that way I can sell back my time next year and have extra spending money. My daughter doesn't even want to talk about the cruise until next year :rolleyes1
I have been doing research and talking non-stop about this cruise since I filled out the form. My DH has told me I need to stop and "pace myself" WHAT! I can't too excited. Glad to be among friends that understand!!:flower1:

Thank you Mike & Kevin for all the information about the food. I am feeling a little less anxious about it all. I'm really happy to hear that the windjammer buffet for dinner has what they are serving in the dining room. I really don't like changing for dinner. It was my least favorite part of PCC 3.0.

-Sandy

How strict are they about their clubs? My son will be 20 yrs old in 2016 and we all would love to go to the Jazz club and possibly the comedy club. Of course he wouldn't drink alcohol but would they allow him in?

-Sandy

We got our confirmations!!! Woo Hoo!

I will be keeping a Guest List on page 1 of this thread. If you'd like to be on the list, please send me your info in the following format:

CABIN# - DISBoards Name - Real Names of guests in cabin

For example:

12624 - mikelan6 - Michael & Scott

12650 – SevrenLuna – Bre & Mom :hyper2:
We are first timers!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter