Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

There are multiple ways to eat on My Time. You can book in advance of sailing for what time you want each night....can be same time or different times. You can book for the week once onboard, again same or different times. You can book in advance each day, once you know what your schedule is, or you can show up at the restaurant and get seated at the next available table.

To me this is why I love My Time Dining.

On DCL I have one set time to eat every night, no matter what my plans are for the day, port or sea day, etc. if it doesn't work for me, my choices are room service, buffet restaurant (depending on the night) or chicken fingers from the pool deck!

On RCL, there is one dining room, with one level dedicated to My Time. The menu does change, BUT, if I don't want to eat in the dining room I have multiple options around the ship. I can eat when I want, the ultimate in flexibility for my cruise style!

You convinced me, so we're going to try My Time Dining. I can't believe how excited I am about this cruise, and we haven't done Alaska yet, or Disapalooza!

Could be that I'm more excited because my kiddoes are actually joining me this time. 6th PCC is a charm.
:cloud9:

Ok... Now I'm starting to stress out about the planned dining times and wondering if we shouldn't switch to My Time Dining. We don't really want the planned dining but the last time we cruised on RCL we had a horrible time with the My Time dining.

Current RCL pricing on the GS and JS are both lower than our group rates!! If considering a suite act fast! The JS would be closer in size to the 4 than the D3. As Jeff mentioned the GS will get you suite benefits.

With Royal Caribbean's BOGO 1/2 off sale - it is an awesome price for a Junior Suite :thumbsup2

Needless to say, I'm not one to pass up on a real bargain

Add us to the list: Corky441 - Marilee & Dino - stateroom #9642 :boat:

Good Morning everyone. I just love how the numbers are increasing. I was happy to hear Pete on the Podcast say that 70% of the space has been sold already....so glad I got our requests in the first day.
After talking to my daughter yesterday, she wants me to change our dining from MY time to the set dining. Guess I'll have to do that at some point. Doesn't really matter to me, as long as I get to eat...I'm happy.

You can not compare dining on the Oasis to dining on any Disney ship.

I have been on many Oasis and Allure sailings and have never...not once....dined in the main dining room.

There are just too many other options and there is always food available.

The Windjammer Buffet is open each night and almost always serves the same food on the dining room menus. Eat when you are hungry!

Some of the options are an additional cost.

One of our favorites is Vintages in Central Park. This is a wine bar (and I don't drink) that serves a la carte tapas plates. For $10, you can have an amazing meal.

There is also a Johnny Rockets in the Boardwalk area. Burgers and milkshakes while sitting outside at sea and watching the people....AWESOME!

The promenade offers the pizza restaurant and the Promenade Cafe. The PC serves 24 hours a day. You will find that if you take a seat....everyone you know will walk by. It's really the meeting place on the ship....and it and the pizza are complimentary

And we can't forget the Park Cafe. They serve breakfast and lunch. The roast beef sandwiches are the stuff of legend and their lunch time salad bar can not be beat.

There is even a full Starbucks in the Promenade. This is not to start a Starbucks debate...love it / hate it....whatever. It's there. There is also complimentary Seattle's Best coffee 24/7 at the Promenade Cafe

And there is always complimentary room service.

I guess my point is that there is no need to stress and worry about food. There are enough options to make this a non-issue.

One of our favorites is Vintages in Central Park. This is a wine bar (and I don't drink) that serves a la carte tapas plates. For $10, you can have an amazing meal.

There is also a Johnny Rockets in the Boardwalk area. Burgers and milkshakes while sitting outside at sea and watching the people....AWESOME!

We really enjoyed Vintages (and we do drink) on the Oasis as well. As you note, the tapas plates were really, really good!!!

I thought I read somewhere that Johnny Rockets was going away?

Who is doing set-time dining? I'm thinking that it might be easier, with Cedric, to switch to set-time.

Who is doing set-time dining? I'm thinking that it might be easier, with Cedric, to switch to set-time.
We are. Honestly, when I booked, I didn't even know there was an option. As I said earlier, we've experience Freestyle dining on Norwegian and didn't care for it. We prefer to know we have a set time and place to eat, with the knowledge that we don't have to use it if we don't want to. That seems to be the best of both worlds in my mind, but I need to learn more about the options on Oasis. We've never sailed with RCL.

One thing we don't like to do is to pay extra for our meals once we're onboard, which is part of why we prefer the main dining room anyway.

Does anyone have a link that shows all of the dining options and which ones are included vs. which ones have an extra fee? I can't seem to find that on their website.

Does anyone have a link that shows all of the dining options and which ones are included vs. which ones have an extra fee? I can't seem to find that on their website.

This is a bit outdated, but you get the idea:

Oasis%20restaurants.jpg

I thought I read somewhere that Johnny Rockets was going away?
I have heard that Rita's Cantina on the Oasis and the Seafood Shack on the Allure might become Margaritaville. I have not heard that Johnny Rockets was going away.

Either way...it's beside the point. With or without Johnny Rockets....there are many, many places to eat.

When I was on Oasis for my New Years cruise December 2014, Seafood Shack had already converted to "SABOR" Mexican Restaurant.

I was going to post what I found, but Mike beat me to it. It wasn't easy to find...not sure I could do it again. I don't want to pay extra for meals either (well, maybe one for a celebration) but it's nice to know what other options are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter