Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator
I am happy to announce the dates for Podcast Cruise 4.0!!!!!

12/08 - 12/15/2012 - 7-Night Disney Fantasy Sailing

As you already know this will be the second of two Podcast cruises in 2012. The first is June 24, 2012 and that is a 5-Night Disney Dream Sailing information can be found HERE.

If you have booked a dummy date in the hopes of moving that to Podcast Cruise 4.0 please email Tracey at TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com. She will be happy to help you move your cruise to this sailing but PLEASE be patient with her I imagine she will be inundated with requests as soon as this is announced.

If you do not have a cruise already booked and you want to see pricing and/or book PCC 4.0 please use our online price calculator and booking engine located here https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/podcast-cruise-pricing-4.cfm - we have secured space and pricing on this cruise through Disney Cruise Line's groups department.

A small deposit now will secure your space on this sailing ($250 per person regardless of category). We will send you a balance due reminder well before the balance due date and if you need to cancel for any reason you can do so without penalty if cancelled before the balance due date. Suites have a non-refundable deposit as per DCL policy.

We will be limiting the number of passengers on this sailing the same as we did for PCC 3.0. The magic number seems to be 400 as that allows us access to all of the various venues on the ship without going over the maximum occupancy. This will provide us with different options when it comes to planning events for this cruise.

Obviously it is way too early too talk about any special plans for this cruise but you know we will do our best to make it a special and memorable experience for everyone.

UPDATE 07/04/2012

Podcast Cruise 4.0 Add-Ons are Now ready to book (Swan Pre and Post Nights and Transfers)

Yeah - the first update for Podcast Cruise 4.0!!!!

I hope youre getting as excited as I am.

We are working on the specifics of what we will be doing onboard and as those details are finalized we will do our best to keep you informed and up-too-date.

I am pleased to announce we are ready to start booking pre & post-cruise nights at the Walt Disney World Swan as well as Transfers to and from the cruise.

We will begin taking sign-ups for your Podcast Cruise 4.0 event credentials after the final payment date passed for this sailing.

You can book up to 3 pre and/or post-cruise stays at the Walt Disney World Swan in a Standard Room for $115/night plus tax (normal resort fees will be applied at check out). One nights deposit plus tax is required for each reservation booked and balance due at check-in. We will not be able to accommodate full payment prior to check-in. You will have up to 5 days prior to your check-in date to cancel for a full refund, otherwise your one nights deposit plus tax will be non-refundable.

Private DIS/Dreams Transfers are being offered for $50 per person roundtrip or $35 per person one-way. Buses will stop at any Walt Disney World Resort hotel or the Walt Disney World Swan. You will be able to tell us what resort you would like transportation to/from during the sign-up process. Transportation is non-refundable. Details of when the buses will be at each resort will be released much closer to sailing and sent to those who sign-up for transfers via email.

I know you probably have a lot of other questions and I think many will be answered as you step through the process.

You can start here http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/PCC40/PCC40_start.cfm

This information has also been sent via email to all cruisers signed up for podcast Cruise 4.0.

UPDATE 07/05/2012

UPDATE: Podcast Cruise 4.0 Pre-nights now at the Dolphin

We have been informed by the Walt Disney World Swan that they are sold out of rooms for our pre-cruise nights (12/5 12/8/2012). However we were able to secure some rooms at the Dolphin for those nights at the same discounted rate of $115/night plus tax (normal resort fees will be applied at check out).

Post nights are still at the Swan for now, but those rooms are selling fast as well.

As before, you can book up to 3 nights pre-cruise at the Walt Disney World Dolphin, or 3 nights post-cruise at the Walt Disney World Swan in a Standard Room. One nights deposit plus tax is required for each reservation booked and balance due at check-in. We will not be able to accommodate full payment prior to check-in. You will have up to 5 days prior to your check-in date to cancel for a full refund, otherwise your one nights deposit plus tax will be non-refundable.

You can book your rooms here http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/PCC40/PCC40_start.cfm

This information has also been sent via email to all cruisers signed up for podcast Cruise 4.0.

UPDATE 07/06/2012

Disney Legend Dave Smith to be guest speaker on Podcast Cruise 4.0

It has come to my attention that we never posted that our guest speaker on Podcast Cruise 4.0 will be Dave Smith. We announced it on the Podcast but some of you might have missed it.

Dave Smith is a Disney Legend and founder and chief archivist of the Walt Disney Archives until his recent retirement from the Walt Disney Company. For more information about Dave and his role in the Disney Company I suggest this page http://disney.go.com/disneyinsider/history/legends/dave-smith

We have been in contact with Dave for a few weeks now and he is planning a very special presentation just for our Podcast Cruise 4.0 guests!!!

(Information also sent to all Podcast Cruise 4.0 attendees via email)

UPDATE 07/20/2012

IMPORTANT: Pre & post-cruise nights at the Swan/Dolphin are ALMOST SOLD OUT!!!

Please act fast if you want to book these. We have been informed that once we sell out of the current inventory we have we will not be able to hold any more rooms for these dates.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/PCC40/PCC40_start.cfm

UPDATE 09/26/2012

IMPORTANT: It's time to sign up for credentials!!!

It's that time again - we need everyone to follow the link below to sign up for credentials for Podcast Cruise 4.0!!!

You must have credentials to attend all official events. A schedule of all official events will be posted here and email to cruisers closer to our sailing.

UPDATE 11/07/2012

IMPORTANT: We will be closing out DIS/Dreams transfers on 11/15/2012!!!

If you are interested in booking the DIS/Dreams transfers for Podcast Cruise 4.0 as we will be closing this out on the 15th of November.

UPDATE 11/17/2012

Podcast Cruise 4.0
Schedule of Events

December 08, 2012: Port Canaveral/Embarkation

1PM - 3PM Registration/credential distribution - D-Lounge Deck 4 aft
Come by to pick up your credentials.

4:15PM - ?? DIS Meet & Greet/Family Dance Party with the DISUnplugged Team - Next to main stage, left side on Deck 11 Midship.
Right after Muster Drill.
Hosted by your DISUnplugged Team, join other DISUnplugged Listeners as we party and dance our away into Podcast Cruise 4.0!!!

If the sail-away party is inside the atrium due to inclement weather we will be next to the stairs on the left side.

December 09, 2012: Sea Day

9AM - 11AM Podcast Bingo - O'Gills Pub, Europa Deck 4 aft (all ages welcome)
Join Yvette van Leeuwen (Yvet on the boards) for a fun-filled Podcast Themed Bingo Game!! For more inform and to sign up see this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3018094

2PM - ??? Cabin Crawl Meet - Atrium Deck 3
Organized by Jennifer Geouge (mdvlprof on the boards) this is a great way to see other stateroom categories and cabins on the Disney Fantasy!!

3:30PM - 5:30PM Podcast Listeners Meet - The Tube, Europa Deck 4 aft (all ages welcome)
Hosted by your DISUnplugged Team and Carole Bowling (Disney Enabler on the boards) join your fellow cruisers for a chance to meet and get to know each other.

6:15PM - ??? Formal Night Casual Dinner - Meet outside of Cabanas
Join your fellow cruisers who dont want to get dressed up on Formal Night for a casual dinner in Cabanas.

9:30PM - ??? DIStrict Meet - Europa, Deck 4 aft
A new Podcast Cruise tradition - we invite our guests 18 and over to come and meet and mingle in Europa.

December 10, 2012: Grand Cayman

8:30AM - 10:30AM Bunco!! - The Tube, Europa Deck 4 aft (all ages welcome)
Carol Bowling (Disney Enabler on the boards) and Tobi Gerber (Sayhello on the boards) host a fun-filled morning of game play with fellow cruisers!! Sign-up are requested on this thread on the DISBoards http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014300

December 11, 2012: Costa Maya

8:30AM - 10:30AM Pin Trading Meet - The Tube, Europa Deck 4 aft (all ages welcome)
Hosted by Lora Emel (tink576 on the boards) this fun-for-all-ages meet will feature special trading options for our junior travels as well as adults. Kevin and John will be there and you never know what they might have to trade. Sign-ups are requested on this thread on the DISBoards http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2977141 - but not required.

December 12, 2012: Cozumel

3:00PM - 5:00PM Adventures by Disney Meet- The Tube, Europa Deck 4 aft (all ages welcome)
Christy Nasworthy (Chropistopy on the boards) is organizing a meet-and-greet for all past, present and future ABDers. If you've been on an ABD already or plan to go on one in the future this is a great way for folks to reminisce, share tips or just meet future traveling companions. Sign-ups are requested on this thread on the DISBoards http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2977141 - but not required.

3:00PM - 4:00PM Flattie Meet - Atrium Lobby (near bar)
Come join Kathy, Teresa and Rob and all their Flattie friends for one of the most unusual meets ever held. All monies raised from the Flatties go to Give Kids the World!!

December 13, 2012: At Sea

10:00AM - Noon Dave Smith Presentation and Book Signing - Walt Disney Theater, Deck 3 Forward
Disney Legend and founder of the Disney Archives, Dave Smith, will present his "Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives". Afterwards there will be a meet-and-greet with Dave Smith as well as a book signing (Dreams Unlimited Travel will provide one copy per stateroom of Dave Smiths new book Disney Trivia from the Vault...Secrets revealed and Questions Answered)

Noon - ??? Group Picture - Walt Disney Theater, Deck 3 Forward
Another great Podcast Cruise Tradition, join the Podcast Team and your fellow cruisers for a group picture. It will be taken in the Walt Disney Theater immediately following Dave Smith's presentation. Photo's will be available for purchase in Shutters sometime later that same day.

3:00PM - 4:00 PM Rebooking Seminar - The Tube, Europa Deck 4 aft (all ages welcome)
Tracey Heinrichs and other members of the Dreams Unlimited Travel team will be on hand to answer your questions about rebooking a future Disney Cruise Line vacation. Members of the DCL onboard booking team will also be available to process your new reservation and answer questions on pricing and availability of future sail dates.

December 14, 2012: Castaway Cay

9:00AM - Noon Live Podcast - Buena Vista Theater, Deck 4 Midship
Come join the entire team for a live recording of the DISUnplugged Podcast. You never know what might happen!!

December 15, 2012: Port Canaveral/Debarkation

For those using DIS/Dreams transportation after the cruise, members of the team will be outside of the terminal to assist you in getting to your next destination.

UPDATE 12/01/2012

An email has been sent this morning to everyone who has signed up for DIS/Dreams Transfers. If you do not receive that by the end of the day today please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Here is the list of movies playing onboard our cruise:

Tangled
Chimpanzee
The Avengers
Frankenwenie
Wreck It Ralph
Lincoln
The Odd Life Of Timothy Green
Finding Nemo 3D

OMG - I am so excited!!! We actually picked this as our dummy date on the Fantasy when we were on the Dream last month! :dance3::yay::banana::woohoo: Email has gone out to Tracey, and we will patiently wait until she gets to our email... Did I mention I was excited? :lmao:

OMG...the choice I have to make now....I know my DD is set on going in June, but SEVEN days on the Fantasy sounds.....well, like a Fantasy !!!...I know that's corny, but it's what came to mind.....:rotfl2:

Can anyone tell me what the ports of call are? Is this an Eastern or Western? I need all the ammo I can get to change my DD mind...Help !!!

I went on DCL site, and this date is not listed yet.

Since cabins are booked at a special group rate - am I correct that there would be no 10% discount or OBC for moving an onboard booking?

woo-hoo - when we can pick our rooms? We want a room similar to the room we had on the Wonder, and it must be near Becx and Gav!!

Oooo. :cool1: :thumbsup2 John.

Sent email to Tracey. She's doing our RCCL cruise, so she'll know what we need.

Val & I are planning on this one! :sail:

So .....

I'm going on a cruise in May and was planning on booking a dummy date at that time for Podcast Cruise 4.0 in order to get the OBC and 10% discount from DCL

Should I book the cruise now with Dreams to hold my reservation and then see if booking onboard works out better??? :confused3

What to do, what to do :headache:

So .....

I'm going on a cruise in May and was planning on booking a dummy date at that time for Podcast Cruise 4.0 in order to get the OBC and 10% discount from DCL

Should I book the cruise now with Dreams to hold my reservation and then see if booking onboard works out better??? :confused3

What to do, what to do :headache:

I would book it NOW - especially the way the Fantasy and Dream prices are increasing. Because the DIS group has a limited capacity - booking in May might be too late.

Since cabins are booked at a special group rate - am I correct that there would be no 10% discount or OBC for moving an onboard booking?

If you booked onboard and already named Dreams Unlimited Travel as your TA and move that booking to the PCC 4.0 sailing you can keep all of the perks and benefits you received from DCL for rebooking onboard as well as the current, full shipboard credit from Dreams Unlimited Travel.

If you booked onboard and are not currently booked with Dreams Unlimited Travel and want to move that booking to the PCC 4.0 sailing you can keep all of the perks and benefits you received for rebooking onboard from DCL but we may not be able to offer the current, full shipboard credit from Dreams Unlimited Travel. Tracey will be able to work with you on that - just drop her an email.

Now - we have seen some sailings not be eligible for the discount associated with rebooking while onboard but these were mostly special sailings like the maiden voyages. I doubt that will be the case with the date we picked for PCC 4.0.

The staterooms we have held under group space are priced as seen on the linked page provided. They are eligible for the full, current SBC from Dreams Unlimited Travel but not any additonal offers from Disney Cruise Line (Disney Visa, rebooking credits, etc)

Thanks
John

I would book it NOW - especially the way the Fantasy and Dream prices are increasing. Because the DIS group has a limited capacity - booking in May might be too late.

I was thinking the exact same thing

I've been watching cruise prices on the Dream & Fantasy increase almost on a daily basis :surfweb: :scared1:

I guess I can always cancel the initial Dreams reservation if the May pricing onboard works out to be a better deal and naming Dreams as my TA of course

Better safe than sorry ;)

Woo-hoo - I've sent my email into Tracey to get my "dummy" date that I booked on PCC 2.0 moved to PCC 4.0

This cruise sounds like fun... :)

If you booked onboard and already named Dreams Unlimited Travel as your TA and move that booking to the PCC 4.0 sailing you can keep all of the perks and benefits you received from DCL for rebooking onboard as well as the current, full shipboard credit from Dreams Unlimited Travel.

John, is one of the perks a discount on the next cruise? If so, is it for the total cost of the room? What if the second person is sailing with Disney for the first time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!