Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

105 today for day number 37 over 100 here.

Thankfully I have a cruise in 51 days to look forward to!
The summer that never ends... :)

Good Morning Everyone...1 more HOT day, then it cools down to the mid 80s....which is where we should be for this time of year.

Hope you are having a good week so far.

Not much else to say other than.......

25 more days until I go to WDW for a glorious 8 days!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone...1 more HOT day, then it cools down to the mid 80s....which is where we should be for this time of year.

Hope you are having a good week so far.

Not much else to say other than.......

25 more days until I go to WDW for a glorious 8 days!!!!!

Don't forget the wild fire. It smell horrible out there!

Don't forget the wild fire. It smell horrible out there!

OMG !!! The smell is coming into our building through the vents...it's aweful....someone told me this fire was due to lightening....ugg...remember how long it took to get last years fire out?

OMG !!! The smell is coming into our building through the vents...it's aweful....someone told me this fire was due to lightening....ugg...remember how long it took to get last years fire out?

I opened my door into the garage and could smell it before I even opened the garage! I am starting to get a headache from it. It is really bad. We were wondering how a swamp could catch on fire.

Hello everyone, DisBoard Drive By......

I will be over here to post after our SS Member Cruise is complete on the Dream next month. Looking forward to getting to know everyone over here like we have done the last couple of years doing the DVC SS Member Cruise.

We chose to participate in the PCC next year instead of doing the DVC cruise as it has become so difficult to book in the last 2 years. Booking this cruise was as easy and I am sure DW (MouseFan64) and I will have as much fun on this cruise as we did on those DVC cruises.

Later!!

Hello everyone, DisBoard Drive By......

I will be over here to post after our SS Member Cruise is complete on the Dream next month. Looking forward to getting to know everyone over here like we have done the last couple of years doing the DVC SS Member Cruise.

We chose to participate in the PCC next year instead of doing the DVC cruise as it has become so difficult to book in the last 2 years. Booking this cruise was as easy and I am sure DW (MouseFan64) and I will have as much fun on this cruise as we did on those DVC cruises.

Later!!

You will have a wonderful time on the Pod Cast Cruise....it's a blast !!!

Have a great time on your cruise next month.

Good Morning Everyone !!! Just popped in to say hello...busy day at work today. Have a good one.

109 yesterday - 106 forecasted today...

Oddly - it feels a little cooler each morning lately. There is some "concern" that we won't break our record of 42 days in a row over 100 because of a stray cool front that might inch our way and leave us at about 99 on Friday! :)

Sad thing is that 99 would probably feel decent after 109...

Good Morning Everyone....Scott...I still feel for ya...I couldn't deal with that kind of heat so much....we have a cool front now....mid 80s for the next week...:yay: Maybe the A/C won't be on as much.

Have a great day all !!!

Three questions if you wouldn't mind =)

1) What will be the typical weather for podcast 4.0? I've never traveled in December or on a cruise before. Will it be pants weather?

2) How can I find out about excursions and pricing?

3) Are there any special deals for doing land/sea or is it just like booking two different vacations?

Thanks everyone!!

1) What will be the typical weather for podcast 4.0? I've never traveled in December or on a cruise before. Will it be pants weather?

2) How can I find out about excursions and pricing?

3) Are there any special deals for doing land/sea or is it just like booking two different vacations?

You can Google/Bing the various Ports of Call (local tourism for each port), to ascertain local air and water temperatures, as well as rainfall, throughout the year. What is NICE weather for us, may or may not be the same for you (we're from Philadelphia, and it's COLD here in December). That being said, we prefer to cruise in early December. Holiday decorations are often on display, it's warm in Florida (and warmer in the Caribbean).

Yes, I suggest you wear pants, trousers, shorts, a skirt, or something like that ... if not ... someone may object! :rotfl2:
I wear shorts on the ship almost exclusively, because we are indoors most of the time (unless we are in the heated pools). No issues on open air decks. You would likely want to pack a few pair of dockers / khaki's for dinner. I get changed for dinner ... wear a suit / tuxedo on the formal nights.

Pricing: To participate in the special podCast activities, you have to book through Tracey @ Dreams Unlimited. Contact them via e-mail, to request a quote. You can also go to DisneyCruiseLine.com to look at rack rate pricing - which helps you with decisions as to what category you may prefer. Remember, to participate in the special podCast activities, you MUSt book through Dreams Unlimited.

Excursions: If you have been on DCL cruises previously, or, if you have been to the Caribbean, you will be familiar with the typical choices of excursions (whether you opt for excursions through DCL or on your own).

LAND/SEA: If you are referring the the 7 day DCL Land/Sea packages (3 days at sea, 4 on cruise / vice-versa), they are not typically offered on longer (7+ day) cruises. However, any accommodations can be booked at a package, or ala carte. Again, you must book (the cruise) through Dreams Unlimited to participate in the special activities. If you are booking the cruise through DU, you might as well ask them for assistance with booking lodging (etc) at WDW (pre/post stay. They will be able to provide you with current information on discount and promotions available at WDW ... as well as special dining programs (when available).

If you have never been to the islands, you might want to sign up for weekly emails from the local tourism websites. Sometimes you can find out a lot of interesting information ... which you may not have known previously.

We'd love to have you join us! :woohoo:

Steven

While I expect it will be warm once we get to the Caribbean, the weather in FL could be cold - as it was when Podcast 2.0 left Port Canaveral last Dec. 12. I was on a cruise that ended in San Juan the same day, and it was in the 80s there. Then I flew to Orlando for a few days, and it dropped into the 30s at night. I have never been so cold at WDW!

I agree with Nancy.

December weather can go in any direction.

Last year's podcast was cold and windy.

We had to switch Castaway Cay days due to wind and our day in Nassau was extended due to wind and rough seas.

Once we get into the Caribbean, I'd expect the weather to be warmer....and hopefully sunny.

Mexico will be quite warm, but the Florida and Bahamas portion could be iffy - or it could be spectacular!

Another probably silly question:

Do babies under 3 cruise for free as they would in the parks?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter