Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

Oh, yes. I remember the big tree. And I did walk past the gingerbread house.
I was trying to reassure that a non-Christian family would hopefully see the decor as seasonal. (more seasonal and pagan than Christian)

I am not doubting you, Skip, when you say there was music onboard. It makes sense that there was music. I just don't remember it!

(I have only been to WDW in December. I am afraid to go any other time. It would look naked without wreathes and garlands and other seasonal decor!)

Oh, yes. I remember the big tree. And I did walk past the gingerbread house.
I was trying to reassure that a non-Christian family would hopefully see the decor as seasonal. (more seasonal and pagan than Christian)

I am not doubting you, Skip, when you say there was music onboard. It makes sense that there was music. I just don't remember it!

(I have only been to WDW in December. I am afraid to go any other time. It would look naked without wreathes and garlands and other seasonal decor!)

I really appreciate all the input from everyone. We are a Christian family but choose not to celebrate because of the Pagan origin. I don't mean to turn this into any kind of religious discussion I just thought I would clarify.

I guess I was curious to know if the ship is decorated for Christmas the same way I would find a local mall or grocery store, or if the entire ship including activities, characters and meals are saturated with it. Obviously in the month of December there is no getting away from the music and decorations no matter where you are and I don't expect to. I just remember going to WDW one year in early December and I felt that it was almost shoved down my throat in a way. Christmas trees, music, Santa, characters dressed in holiday outfits, decorations, even holiday themed snacks were everywhere. Before anyone flames me I just want to say that I completely understand why Disney does it this way. The holiday season is a huge money maker and for them NOT to incorporate it in every way possible doesn't make sense from a business perspective. That is why my family and I personally choose to go during other times of the year, but we really wanted to join everyone on PCC 4.0 so I was wondering if the DCL ships are outfitted for the holiday in the same way the parks are or if it's done in a more tasteful way.

Seem to recall that Christmas decorations were very tasteful. Some of the passengers - not so much ;).

Seem to recall that Christmas decorations were very tasteful. Some of the passengers - not so much ;).

My recollection as well. Not sure which category I fell into. :rolleyes1

I agree. Well, on the decorations part, at least! I don't want to be one of the tasteless passengers, either. :laughing:

I am not Christian, and I have no problem with the DCL decor on the ship or Castaway Cay. But then again, I enjoy all the decor that mjaclyn doesn't care for. I knew that Santa never visited my house, but that didn't matter. I still wanted to hear what the different holiday traditions were around the world by the storytellers in Epcot. Many were versions of Santa, but in places where the major religions don't celebrate Christmas, it was fun to hear what they do for the holidays, too.

I never associated the commercial Christmas stuff with anything other than Christmas, but I still appreciate the pageantry of it.

The reason I'm asking is that my family actually does not celebrate Christmas so I'd like to know what to expect... If it's more seasonal decorations or if the whole ship is covered and everything from the restaurants to the kids clubs have special Christmas activities, menus, etc.

We don't celebrate Christmas personally either (we don't celebrate anything except personal birthdays) however I'm really looking forward to seeing the ship decorated - we went to Disneyland at Christmas and it was gorgeous!

Oh but they are the best kind for people watching :rotfl2:

As someone who avoids all public places from October onwards, I never thought I'd be looking forward to a Christmas cruise so much! :rotfl: Mind you, its those awful Christmas carols that do me in... if I have to listen to Snoopy's Christmas, its enough to make me homicidal...

Cool!
I had been reading the active threads, but had not looked at the sticky yet.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Onboard Booking Discounts - The following discounts do not apply to Cats 1, 2, 3 or 12.
3, 4 and 5 day cruises $100 OBC / 10% discount off cruise fare only
7 day and longer cruises $200 OBC / 10% discount off cruise fare only

The following discounts are for 2011 cruises ONLY and are only offered if you rebook onboard or transfer an existing OBB to a new 2011 date in addition to the 10% discount off cruise fare only. Category 11C/old 12s are receiving both 10% and OBC.
Silver.................$100 for 3-6nt cruises.........$200 for 7nt or longer cruises
Gold...................$150 for 3-6nt cruises.........$275 for 7nt or longer cruises
Platinum.............$250 for 3-6nt cruises..........$350 for 7nt or longer cruises

As an FYI - category 12 is now category 11C. Those cabins do qualify for the 10% onboard booking discount and onboard credit.

We just got off our first DCL cruise on the Dream!! We had a fantastic time and rebooked for the same dates as PCC 4.0! I named Dreams Unlimited as our travel agency, so how does it work with getting us signed up for PCC 4.0? Is there someone in particular I have to contact or do I just use my regular Dreams agent?

Thanks!

We just got off our first DCL cruise on the Dream!! We had a fantastic time and rebooked for the same dates as PCC 4.0! I named Dreams Unlimited as our travel agency, so how does it work with getting us signed up for PCC 4.0? Is there someone in particular I have to contact or do I just use my regular Dreams agent?

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, the information goes to Tracey Heinrichs. Since PCC 4.0 is not booked full yet, you should already be a part of it....Welcome !!!

I would give it a few days, and you should hear something from Tracey with your reservation number...or send Tracey an email.

Mousefan64 and I are booked. Trying to get some other friends from the dVC member cruise to do this in 2012 instead of the member cruise.:cool1:

Mousefan64 and I are booked. Trying to get some other friends from the dVC member cruise to do this in 2012 instead of the member cruise.:cool1:

Glad to have you with us. There are a couple of other threads where we are all chatting to get to know each other...I also have one the lists the cabin numbers...also on the cruise threads, there is one where you can sign up for the FE......Welcome !!!

We were already paid in full for 4 days on the Dream in December but wanted to switch over to PCC 4.0 instead & pay the difference to join everyone on the Fantasy. Just hoping it won't be a problem or there will be cancellation charges or anything since we're switching ships.

We were already paid in full for 4 days on the Dream in December but wanted to switch over to PCC 4.0 instead & pay the difference to join everyone on the Fantasy. Just hoping it won't be a problem or there will be cancellation charges or anything since we're switching ships.
There shouldn't be any sort of cancellation charge unless you are booked for a concierge room. This far out, you're nowhere near the penalty period.

Sayhello

There shouldn't be any sort of cancellation charge unless you are booked for a concierge room. This far out, you're nowhere near the penalty period.

Sayhello

Well that's amazing news then. she is really excited about the Fantasy & i'm not only excited about the ship in general but being able to meet my fellow DIS'ers as well as the Podcast team. We are looking at a Cat 9 with one large porthole & we are happily switching from the Dream also to take advantage of a longer cruise vacation as well as much better ports of call. Thanks for your response, as long as Dreams will switch us then we'll see everyone on PCC 4.0

Well that's amazing news then. she is really excited about the Fantasy & i'm not only excited about the ship in general but being able to meet my fellow DIS'ers as well as the Podcast team. We are looking at a Cat 9 with one large porthole & we are happily switching from the Dream also to take advantage of a longer cruise vacation as well as much better ports of call. Thanks for your response, as long as Dreams will switch us then we'll see everyone on PCC 4.0

I hope it works out for you...and a big WELCOME to you !!!! Come chat with us on the PCC 4.0 Chat thread. I'll add you to my list...if anything changes just let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter