Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

These are all the pics I have of Karoke - it was dark in there so the pics aren't that great. I also have pics of the other group singing, but all of the pics have Kevin in it, so I won't post them here.
Thanks for posting these pictures Andrea. Pretty cool.

Aaron, I watched the video and you sounded great. I wish I could sing that well. I never realized how long that song is. I bet you didn't either.:rotfl:
Thanks Anne! It didn't seem that long when I was on stage.

I didn't get to meet you, Aaron, Puck, and lots of others that I wanted to. :( I was actually next to you at Shutters one evening, but I didn't say anything. I had moments where I just introduced myself to whomever...other times I had a shy attack I guess.

Guess I'll have to wait until round two for that. :goodvibes
Sorry I missed you Candy.

Okay friends, I just got done confirming what I thought. We got a quote onboard, but decided to wait to see how the kids do when we cruise again next month. We would still receive the 2 onboard credits and the 50% off deposit, but the price of the actual stateroom "may" increase. What are the chances of that actually happening?

We plan on re-booking, but to be honest, our monies are tied up for about 3 weeks for other expenses (darn beach house ;)). So we wanted to wait to re-book next month.

Okay here's my story -

I am so on the fence. I have never been on a cruise, actually never even thought I would want to.

The first Podcast cruise sounds like it was really great so now - what to do?

My husband has no intention of getting on a ship. My oldest daughter can't take time off during December (works retail and it is blacked out) and I can't take my younger daughters out of school.

So how much would the upcharge be for going single? I need my space and don't think I make a very good roommate.

Okay friends, I just got done confirming what I thought. We got a quote onboard, but decided to wait to see how the kids do when we cruise again next month. We would still receive the 2 onboard credits and the 50% off deposit, but the price of the actual stateroom "may" increase. What are the chances of that actually happening?

We plan on re-booking, but to be honest, our monies are tied up for about 3 weeks for other expenses (darn beach house ;)). So we wanted to wait to re-book next month.

Well I think the prices go up as the ship fills up. I would gamble that you are pretty safe in the next 3 months since the cruise is still so far away. I doubt more than just DIS'ers will be booking this cruise date any time soon.

Okay here's my story -

So how much would the upcharge be for going single? I need my space and don't think I make a very good roommate.

You would pay the "single supplement" - 175%. WOW! Sure you don't think you could take on a roommate?

Stoked to be going. This will be our first cruise ever. Sounds like a blast... me, the wife and our little girl who will be just shy of 2. Should be a blast.

You would pay the "single supplement" - 175%. WOW! Sure you don't think you could take on a roommate?

Yikes!

My problem is that I am not a good sleeper. My kids say that my body does not know what sleeping in is. I tend to be up and ready to go no matter how early it is. Can you say 2:30 am?:scared1:

I am definitely going to have to think on this some more. Maybe my daughter can get a new job by next December.

Did you add a few days before and/or after your cruise?

If so, how many? And if you are going on the 2010 Podcast cruise will you be making any changes to it? We are toying with the idea of 3 days before and two days after to take in The Osborne Lights, The Candlelight Processional and MVMCP.... By the time we get home I'll need a week off to rest.

Would appreciate your thoughts...

Mark

A few days before and after the cruise made the most sense since airfare was the same and DU's Dolphin rate was fab ($99/nt). Besides, I would have felt like I was "suffering" if I didn't get to the parks on this trip :rotfl2:

2 full days before; 3.5 days after:

• We flew in Thurs after work so we'd have all Fri & Sat in the parks before the cruise. Our flight was to arrive at 10pm so the idea was to have an early nite when we got to the Dolphin but I was too excited to sleep so we went to the Boardwalk for drinks & dessert instead. :rotfl:
  • Spent Fri at Typhoon Lagoon & DTD/DisneyQuest, and Sat in MK. Cruised Sun-Thurs.
  • After leaving the ship on Thurs morning, we were inside DHS by 10:15. :cool1: Friday was AK & Blizzard Beach. Saturday was Epcot.
  • Maximized our vacation days by taking a 7:30pm flight out on Sunday so had breakfast at Kona Cafe, rode the front of the monorail to Epcot, and then hung out at the Dolphin's 3 acre pool area for the afternoon until we caught our flight. Our flight was delayed so we didn't get home til midnite but I'd do it the same the next time...my motto is we can sleep when we're dead! :lmao:
I'd definitely recommend bookending your cruise with extra days. Next trip we'll do our first visits to KSC, US & SW instead of WDW parks. :thumbsup2

Same here Aaron. I missed meeting a lot of people on the ship. :confused3

I didn't get to meet you Paul but did meet your lovely wife at the pool - she is as warm and friendly as KK advertises her to be! :rotfl:

I got to meet a lot of great people. But I know there are people I didn't have a chance to even say hello to, let alone share a moment. All the more reason to go in 2010.

It was fab to share some moments with you Todd...you're one that definitely lived up to your billing :banana: I noticed you really made an effort to meet so many Dis'ers and I'm sure I speak for many when I say your inclusiveness was certainly appreciated! :hug:

:welcome: to all the Dis'ers fence sitting or sailing on the next cruise! Pete does things right so lay aside your concerns and drink the koolaid :dance3:

cheers,
:flower3:

Got my confirmation this evening! We're rebooked and in the same cabin as we were this last time! Wooo! Now keep your fingers crossed that we can actually go...

Is Disney still offering the lower rate for the deposit? Or does that not apply here? That would certainly help me out at this point!

We are thinking we will go down on Wednesday before the cruise using our DVC points then drive back Thursday after the cruise which will still give me a few days at home before I have to go back to work. Since it's the week before Christmas when we get off the ship, I will need to get home and get holiday things done I am sure..

I didn't get to meet you Paul but did meet your lovely wife at the pool - she is as warm and friendly as KK advertises her to be! :rotfl:

Thanks Klam, she is pretty awesome. I should have spoken to more people. Alicia says my grumpy looking face is not very inviting. I'm seeing a lot of posts from folks and wondering how I missed meeting them on the ship. :confused3

Is Disney still offering the lower rate for the deposit? Or does that not apply here? That would certainly help me out at this point!

Sam -

On one of the threads I read the deposit is $100 per person.
I am sure John or Kevin will confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter