Please rave about Olivia's

nilla

Proud Disney Pixie Dust Snorter
We switched our June reservations from CSR to CBR, and in doing so, freed up an ADR that was originally booked for Maya Grill. We considered Shutters at CBR, but ultimately decided on swinging by OKW to try Olivia's.

What I'm looking for now is for people to tell me this was an awesome decision.

Thanks in advance!

yeah, i don't know that i'd "rave" about olivia's - it's not a "destination" restaurant...but i've never had a bad meal there and it's a great relaxing place to eat. probably best for breakfast but it's solid all around.

yeah, i don't know that i'd "rave" about olivia's - it's not a "destination" restaurant...but i've never had a bad meal there and it's a great relaxing place to eat. probably best for breakfast but it's solid all around.

You're not helping.

;)

LOL, j/k. Thanks for your honest assessment!

Are you really only interested in hearing reviews that rave about Olivia's rather than honest reviews? I mostly ask because if you only want reviews that rave about it, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment once you get there because everything you've heard will have been about the good things and none of the average or bad things.

Are you really only interested in hearing reviews that rave about Olivia's rather than honest reviews? I mostly ask because if you only want reviews that rave about it, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment once you get there because everything you've heard will have been about the good things and none of the average or bad things.

I was looking for things to get me excited and not cause me to second-guess any more of our plans, since I'm doing enough of that already ;)

That said, I'd welcome both.

When thinking about where to eat Olivia's is usually forgotten. I will make my way over for some conch fritters every now and then. The food is good, and the staff are friendly.

When thinking about where to eat Olivia's is usually forgotten. I will make my way over for some conch fritters every now and then. The food is good, and the staff are friendly.

I usually don't get apps at dinner, but I'm eyeing up the conch fritters and/or conch chowder.

Really good onion rings. Actually, the food at Olivia's is at least as good as many of the places people rave about on these boards, maybe better. It is out of the way if you're not staying there, and it's not a big "event" meal, but the food is somewhat above par for the course. :earsboy:

Last edited:
We used to stay at OKW for years---and always ended up at Olivia's at least once for breakfast and another time for lunch/dinner. It's a great resort restaurant if you are staying there. Relaxed atmosphere and good food. I don't know if I would go there out of my way for it. Kinda more of one of those lucky to have if you stay there for an option. Plus---I could be wrong but you would need to connect from somewhere to take a bus or take a taxi/drive to get there.

We used to stay at OKW for years---and always ended up at Olivia's at least once for breakfast and another time for lunch/dinner. It's a great resort restaurant if you are staying there. Relaxed atmosphere and good food. I don't know if I would go there out of my way for it. Kinda more of one of those lucky to have if you stay there for an option. Plus---I could be wrong but you would need to connect from somewhere to take a bus or take a taxi/drive to get there.

We have it on our Animal Kingdom day, so we would take a bus from AK to OKW, then get a cab from OKW to CBR, like we do when eating at Cape May Clambake, and have done when eating at Boma.

We'll be spending a lot of down time at CBR already, so hitting OKW will be a nice diversion. Plus, we'll get to see that pool slide :)

Thanks!

I was looking for things to get me excited and not cause me to second-guess any more of our plans, since I'm doing enough of that already ;)

That said, I'd welcome both.
My feeling is that if you've never been there, it's always worth trying something new. So, I would go hoping for a good meal, with decent service and acceptable food. I'm not saying Olivia's can't be outstanding, just don't go expecting that because you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment. I think of all of the folks that way "<fill in the blank> didn't live up to all of the hype" which is too bad. It might have been something that they would have liked if they had gone in without any pre-conceived notions or with more realistic expectation.

I've been to Olivia's once and it was a casual, relaxed dinner. The bread service was very good, as was the conch chowder. The key lime pie was pretty good and had a cute presentation. I had the prime rib entree, which was okay, but not something I would highly recommend. It tasted fine, but it tasted like something I could make a home fairly easily. The service was good and I liked the decor of the restaurant.

My feeling is that if you've never been there, it's always worth trying something new. So, I would go hoping for a good meal, with decent service and acceptable food. I'm not saying Olivia's can't be outstanding, just don't go expecting that because you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment. I think of all of the folks that way "<fill in the blank> didn't live up to all of the hype" which is too bad. It might have been something that they would have liked if they had gone in without any pre-conceived notions or with more realistic expectation.

Thanks again! I'm not really expecting Le Cellier good, but would probably be slightly disappointed if it ends up not even being Maya Grill good :)

Then again, I'll be in WDW, so it wouldn't upset me THAT much, even if it were complete trash.

Now I have to think about whether I want the conch chowder or conch fritters!

Jon, Olivia's is a hidden gem. We eat there every time we stay at OKW and even when we don't (hmmm....if you kept up on my TR you would see the reviews.... :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:)

Jon, Olivia's is a hidden gem. We eat there every time we stay at OKW and even when we don't (hmmm....if you kept up on my TR you would see the reviews.... :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:)

It may very well have been your TR that got me sold on Olivia's in the first place! I remember reading about it in a TR last summer, but I don't recall if it was yours.

After we switched from CSR to CBR, Kristin suggested switching our Maya Grill ADRs to Shutters, but I wasn't sold on the Shutters menu. I recalled a rave review of Olivia's from a TR, so here we are :)

Thanks again! Your advice has been PRICELESS so far.

It's a great slide...the girls love it on our girls' trips.

It may very well have been your TR that got me sold on Olivia's in the first place! I remember reading about it in a TR last summer, but I don't recall if it was yours.

After we switched from CSR to CBR, Kristin suggested switching our Maya Grill ADRs to Shutters, but I wasn't sold on the Shutters menu. I recalled a rave review of Olivia's from a TR, so here we are :)

Thanks again! Your advice has been PRICELESS so far.

Thanks, Jon. I've never had a bad meal there. And be sure you or Kristin orders the Turtle Krawl cocktail. You won't regret it. :)

It's a hidden gem!!! We don't get there very often because it's out of the way, but DH asks to go back everytime. I'm hoping we'll have a car on our next trip so that I can make it happen :)

I love the shrimp and grits and they have nice main-dish salads. They used to have a Cuban sandwich my DH loved, but it hasn't been on the menu recently. We stay at OKW and eat here and least once a trip. Never been for breakfast though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter