Please help with AKL room request

Grumpymom73

DIS Veteran
I just booked a last minute trip for AKL. We arrive on June 13 and booked an Arusha View Bunk Bed room. I'm going to do online check in. Any suggestions for room request?

Grumpymom73 said:
I just booked a last minute trip for AKL. We arrive on June 13 and booked an Arusha View Bunk Bed room. I'm going to do online check in. Any suggestions for room request?

Arusha has the best views already so do not worry about that and you are already near the lobby. I would suggest third or second floor. That way you are lower than the tree canopy.

I just got back from a wonderful trip to the AKL today, it's a beautiful resort.

I asked for a third floor room, as that is the level the lobby is on.

You can request a room close to the lobby as even Arusha view rooms can be toward the end of the trails. But keep in mind that I found that the giraffes and some other animals would be at the back of the savannah in the morning before they were fed, so a room farther from the lobby would give you a closer view in the early morning so long as you don't mind the walk. It took me about four minutes to walk casually from the lobby to the rooms at the far end of the hallways in Jambo house.

Also, if you have the time and funds, the Wanyama safari is absolutely wonderful. The tour was great and the trainers so friendly and kind, and the dinner at Jiko was simply outstanding.

Enjoy..

I agree about 3rd floor -- then you don't need to use the elevator to/from the lobby. As for the view, the Arusha Savanna is great. IMHO the views get better as you get farther down the hallway, so it's kind of a choice between the view and convenience. I generally split the difference and ask to be about 1/2 down the hallway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter