Please help me feel ok about this!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by scanmom, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. scanmom

    scanmom DIS Veteran

    Dec 29, 2000
    Ok, me and my mom leave tomarrow at 8:00 am from Tulsa to Orlando. The flight change is supposed to happen in Houston!! Yikes, there is a hurricane a-comin'! Anyway, on the Continental site it says that we can be re-routed w/o penalty. Well, after 15 calls to Continental w/o getting much help, I was told to book a flight on Delta, but not to pay for it (just put it on hold), then, when I get to Tulsa Airport, tell the Continental desk to switch me to Delta. The will give me some forms, which I will take to the Delta desk, and be issued a ticket for the Delta flight w/o any additional charges! I have never heard of this, and am wondering if anyone else has had experiences like this? Three different people told me I could do this (Two from Continental, and one from Delta). I asked repeatedly if I would be charged any more than I have already paid Continental, and they all said "no". I hope this works, I should be flying through Atlanta now, instead of Houston, so I feel alot better about that, as long as this works w/o any major glitches!!! Thanks!!!! :wizard:
  2. ducklite

    ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

    Aug 17, 2000
    I think you'll be fine flying into Houston tomorrow--Rita isn't expected to make landfall until very late Friday. You're spinning your wheels for nothing as long as the carriers are still flying.

  3. Letsbgoofy

    Letsbgoofy DIS Veteran

    Apr 27, 2000
    I have to agree with Ducklite. You won't have any problems with Rita this soon, why go through the hassle of changing airlines? PLUS, I avoid Atlanta whenever possible, we are always delayed there. (only 20 min. this last trip, we were surprised)
  4. CarolA

    CarolA <a href="

    Aug 21, 1999
    I think that if they want to reroute you you will be fine with what you have done. I am not sure I agree with Anne and Letsbegoofy, Houston is going to be a ZOO as everyone tries to get out ahead of Rita.

    You need to get to the airport VERY early and it needs to be well before your CO flight. Do not just miss the CO flight and show up for the write over to DL, chances are that won't work... at that point they get to blame you.

    Give yourself LOTS and LOTS of time....
  5. Chuck S

    Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

    Feb 6, 2000
    I agree, you shouldn't have any problems in Houston tomorrow, the storm hits Texas on Saturday. It was a beautiful day in the San Antonio area today, and I'll bet Houston was nice, too.

    However, Houston may be experienceing full flights as they are evacuating the entire Texas coast, Corpus Christi to Beaumont/Port Arthur.

Share This Page