Please help...Dream or Fantasy?

loreper9

Earning My Ears
Hi all Im so excited to be actually writing my first post hehe. So my husband and I are planning to take our 5 yr. old twin girls on a surprise Disney Trip this May. I originally booked the 4 night Disney Dream on 5/19 and a 3 night post land stay at Disney Art of animation. Last night we looked into the Fantasy and I'm tempted to change our reservation before our final payment is due. Would you do the 7 night on the Fantasy or the land and sea package? I took my girls to Walt Disney World when they were 2 but they dont remember a thing:(. Please help me decide..:confused3

Lorena

loreper9 said:
Hi all Im so excited to be actually writing my first post hehe. So my husband and I are planning to take our 5 yr. old twin girls on a surprise Disney Trip this May. I originally booked the 4 night Disney Dream on 5/19 and a 3 night post land stay at Disney Art of animation. Last night we looked into the Fantasy and I'm tempted to change our reservation before our final payment is due. Would you do the 7 night on the Fantasy or the land and sea package? I took my girls to Walt Disney World when they were 2 but they dont remember a thing:(. Please help me decide..:confused3

Lorena

Do the Fantasy trip. Book the girls in at the BBBoutique, they'll love it!

The Fantasy is amazing, but I think your girls are the perfect age to experience all the magic in the Magic Kingdom/parks, so I'd have to say Land and Sea. I agree with pp to do the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

There's only a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on the Disney Fantasy. We can't wait until March to check it out when we cruise!

I agree with the others ... Fantasy all the way!

I don't agree with the BBB bit though ... it's not for me, well, obviously not me as I'm old, but if I had children!! You get what I mean anyway!!!!:bitelip::confused3

Do the Fantasy just because of Animators Palete and the superior adult only areas!

Bibbidy bobbity was so adorable. My son was made up as a pirate and my niece a princess. It was priceless.

It's a tough decision whether to do Fantasy or Dream. We have been doing the full cruise for the last 5 years. My 6 year old son has never been to the parks. For me, I need the vacation so relaxing on the boat while the kids have a blast has been my choice.

Either way you can't go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would normally vote for the Fantasy, but because of your girls' age and because they haven't been to WDW since they were two, I'd do the Dream with WDW. I agree with a pp that they are the perfect age for WDW. We took our DD to WDW around that same time and it was an incredible experience. While we were there, she actually believed that the characters WERE Mickey Mouse, Ariel, etc. It's also very clear cut at that age which rides and attractions are appropriate, and it's doable to do the MK in one day (IMO) and then hit a couple of other parks on the other days.

If the girls love cruising, you can book the Fantasy for next year (or the year after). They will have just as much fun then, but may not have the same experience at WDW that they would now. Just my 2 cents, of course!

I would arrive a day early, stay value at WDW and go to MK, then go on the Fantasy. I have to admit that I am a BBB convert. Always said that it was rediculously expensive and DD would be just find in the princess dresses that I snagged on sale from DS.com and me curling her hair. Last year she went to BBB with her BFF to celebrate something very special. She was 11 and I really thought that she would be too old and it was all just dress up. Watching her face light up and the FGMIT interacting with her was completely unexpected. It is not simply little girls having their hair put up or makeup/nails done. It really is an experience and both girls had a transformation for the rest of the evening.

Thank you for all your great suggestions!!;) This is so hard to keep a secret... I wanted to cry yesterday. As I was tucking in my DD's last night..I noticed there piggy bank was flipped. I asked why was it flipped. My one DD stated."Mom. I was trying to take my money out the piggy bank to see if we have a enough to go to Disney". The other said."I think we have 4 dollars..maybe we have enough." I smiled and said." Just pray and maybe one day we can go."heheh Planning to tell them the day of...cant wait to see there reaction. :)

Lorena (36) Joe (41) DD (5) DD (5)

I would normally vote for the Fantasy, but because of your girls' age and because they haven't been to WDW since they were two, I'd do the Dream with WDW. I agree with a pp that they are the perfect age for WDW. We took our DD to WDW around that same time and it was an incredible experience. While we were there, she actually believed that the characters WERE Mickey Mouse, Ariel, etc. It's also very clear cut at that age which rides and attractions are appropriate, and it's doable to do the MK in one day (IMO) and then hit a couple of other parks on the other days.

If the girls love cruising, you can book the Fantasy for next year (or the year after). They will have just as much fun then, but may not have the same experience at WDW that they would now. Just my 2 cents, of course!

I agree. The boats will be fun for a long time. There's a really short window when princesses are still magic and the castle is really where cinderella lives. Especially if they are saving their own pennies to go to WDW. Either way you'll have a blast though! :thumbsup2

I vote to stick with you original plan. And do cruise than WDW. Your girls are the perfect age. And I think they will be soo excited to get to do both:)

Your girls are at a perfect age for MK but not sure they'd enjoy that much in the other parks. So for that, I'd try to squeeze in a one day at MK and then off to the Fantasy for 7-days of relaxation!! At their age, you will not be riding everything in MK so one day should be very doable. Ideally I would fly in a Thursday night, hit MK on Friday and board the Fantasy on Saturday!!

My only other suggestion if you decide to stay with the Dream/WDW vacation would be to see if you could do the WDW first and then the 4-day Dream. This is difficult to do if you're limited to traveling on a weekend with the week off in between. If you can travel mid-week to mid-week you can book the WDW for like thursday, Friday, Saturday and then board the Dream on Sunday returning the followin Thursday. I only suffest this as the parks can be exhausting and it would be nicer to relax on the Dream after. I just did the Dream/Parks in OCT11 and came off the ship nice and relaxed but by the time I left to come home I was once again exhausted.

What I did last year was go one day early and took the kids to MK. I took all my kids at the age of 5 to MK. I think it is such a magical time at that age! So I wanted my dd to have that experience as well. We were on a 7 day cruise on the Magic. Me and the two youngest kids got a one way plane ticket to go a day early and my husband and son drove (about 19 hours to port). Than we all drove back together.

Depending on your girls' interests, I like the idea of doing one day at MK before boarding the Fantasy. My DD is nuts about animals, though, so we knew that going to both AK and Sea World was a must. We let DD choose where to go on our fourth day at WDW, and she chose to go back to AK! We have to fly to get down there, so we won't be going very often. Consequently, we have to do as much as we can when we're there!

We did land sea when oldest was 5 and little one was 1.5. They loved both. The parks were amazing at that age. They bought all the magic and then some. Cruise was equally fun but I would not want to miss hose memories at parks bc it was perfect time o be there. They loved it later too but not as magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter