Please DO NOT ignore the signs

I’d hope they’d schedule you for a stress test, given your family history and your symptoms. Even though nothing acute may have been going on at that moment, you still could have some coronary artery disease brewing. Family histories are so important. The danger is that if it happens again, and is, say, CAD, you might think not to seek help because of what happened last time. So be aware there can still be issues. It’s interesting to me the emergency personnel called it in the field. I’ve never heard of that before. Most people are transported to the ER, where doctors there do a full assessment, look at the big picture, and make recommendations for follow up and things like stress tests and such, if not fully admitted.
I'm going to agree with Pea on this-follow up with a stress test if possible for peace of mind and to see the big picture. When my husband initially went to the emergency room, they did an EKG and it was normal. They ran other tests including bloodwork that lets them know if you've had a heart attack. He spent the night on a gurney in the hallway, every bed was full. They did the stress test the next morning and it wasn't clear-wanted to redo the test later but my husband wanted to leave at that point-he had gotten no sleep.

We went home and he slept in his own bed, returned to hospital the next morning to get stress test done, went home and carried on as usual about our day. His primary physician called that afternoon-she had looked at stress test and told him to go back to emergency room immediately. I had to drop him off(covid rules) and he spent yet another night in the waiting room and then on gurney in hallway. He was finally admitted the next morning. And then it wasn't until almost 6pm that evening that they finally took him into heart cath lab for procedure- I was called in and we were told of the major blockages he had-he would need triple bypass surgery.

We don't know all that much about heart health procedures but DH's Dr sent him for a heart CT Calcium score as the first step.
It took 10 min total and he got a clean bill of health in the results this weekend, so relieved.
Even if it was bad news, being able to make decisions with a Dr of choice is always better than having a disease make decisions for you in an ER. I've seen it this way, in the ER it is not a good thing to have family make life and death choices while in a state of shock & panicked. I appreciate DH took this test for himself but also for sparing me and our kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter