Please be careful team

We live in central Florida and this is a cause of concern for us. In fact, it's part of the reason we opted to cancel our WDW AP's. I don't need to count the number of spiderwebs on the 2nd chandelier in a room in The Haunted Mansion given the number of times we've been fortunate to visit our local parks. The risk outweighs the experience/adventure, for now. But, that's coming from someone who's been on property hundreds and hundreds of times.

This is an additional driving factor as to why we have opted to avoid the theme parks at this time. No matter how diligent WDW or any other theme park is doing to subscribe to the CDC/other guidelines, we don't have that burning desire to have to visit given our position.
We live in central Florida and this is a cause of concern for us. In fact, it's part of the reason we opted to cancel our WDW AP's. I don't need to count the number of spiderwebs on the 2nd chandelier in a room in The Haunted Mansion given the number of times we've been fortunate to visit our local parks. The risk outweighs the experience/adventure, for now. But, that's coming from someone who's been on property hundreds and hundreds of times.

This is an additional driving factor as to why we have opted to avoid the theme parks at this time. No matter how diligent WDW or any other theme park is doing to subscribe to the CDC/other guidelines, we don't have that burning desire to have to visit given our position.
hertamaniac, I had to paste your user name here since Ive been penalized by the mods for speaking openly. I've tried quoting, not sure if it will work.

Your approach is to be commended, and I wish more people would do what you did.

Honestly, it anyone thinks that COVID isn't spreading to anyone in the parks, give your head a shake, it is. Masks help, but you aren't immune wearing it. People will mention there hasn't been cases traced to theme parks. In order to trace the virus, you first need contact tracing. In order to have contact tracing COVID 19 needs to be relatively under control otherwise it is impossible. 10,000+ new cases daily is not an example of under control.

This whole thing makes me so upset, come on people, keep away from other people unless you truly need to. (Essential Service) :-(

This whole thing makes me so upset, come on people, keep away from other people unless you truly need to. (Essential Service) :-(
I live in a state (CA) that’s had some bad press recently. Thankfully, my county (San Mateo) isn’t on the governor’s watch list — yet. Our gyms, outdoor restaurants, outdoor beer gardens and malls (not indoor dining) are open, and my husband and I are patronizing all of our favorite businesses and swimming at our local gym. We wear masks, as required, keep our distance and are trying to live as normal a life as possible. Others in our community are as well, as far as I can tell, because most people we encounter — even just walking their dog — are wearing a mask and maintaining the required six-feet rule. Is going to a gym or beer garden (❤ Fieldwork SM and Redwood Coast Cider SM) essential? No. We’re expanding our activity level as allowed because it helps our local businesses and improves our sanity. We must strike a reasonable balance.

Last edited:

hertamaniac, I had to paste your user name here since Ive been penalized by the mods for speaking openly. I've tried quoting, not sure if it will work.

Your approach is to be commended, and I wish more people would do what you did.

Honestly, it anyone thinks that COVID isn't spreading to anyone in the parks, give your head a shake, it is. Masks help, but you aren't immune wearing it. People will mention there hasn't been cases traced to theme parks. In order to trace the virus, you first need contact tracing. In order to have contact tracing COVID 19 needs to be relatively under control otherwise it is impossible. 10,000+ new cases daily is not an example of under control.

I don't think I should be commended at all, but appreciate your sentiment.

We are just in a particular demographic bucket of locals that think this way. There are plenty of other AP locals that are in a different bucket and I support their decision as well so long as they comply with the guidelines, holistically, and not just at the theme parks.

After watching the DIS Unplugged Show from yesterday, I was really happy to hear Pete discuss his thoughts specifically on COVID-19. For him to show some raw emotion and say he believes Florida opened up way too soon, he is of course saying that Disney in fact also opened too soon. Hopefully this sentiment spreads to a larger amount of people.

I feel no need to clarify my statement but because I am being called names, here we go: Unfortunately, I am in one of the groups that should be under quarantine. I have been undergoing treatment for breast cancer since last November. In fact we were at Vero Beach, on our way to WDW on March 12th this year when all hell broke loose. It was a trip to celebrate the end of my chemo and I was ready to celebrate! We had really planned an extravagant trip, but since WDW was closing we rented a car and drove back north even though we had flown down to start.

What I mean by I wish that only risk takers were effected by this virus is that when others take risks, they can transmit the virus, sometimes even unknowingly, to others. Now, admittedly, I should never be at WDW until there is a vaccine. But here is where the actions of others will affect me: after someone travels to vacation and catches COVID they bring it back to where they are from. I wish NOBODY GOT THIS VIRUS, but for those of us that are in groups where we rely on the good graces of our fellow Americans to take care of us, I can;t help but feel like most people really don't care about me and the millions of other people that are trying to stay safe out there.

I can't believe I had to type that I wish nobody got the virus, but I guess thats where we are now in the public discourse.

I feel no need to clarify my statement but because I am being called names, here we go: Unfortunately, I am in one of the groups that should be under quarantine. I have been undergoing treatment for breast cancer since last November. In fact we were at Vero Beach, on our way to WDW on March 12th this year when all hell broke loose. It was a trip to celebrate the end of my chemo and I was ready to celebrate! We had really planned an extravagant trip, but since WDW was closing we rented a car and drove back north even though we had flown down to start.

What I mean by I wish that only risk takers were effected by this virus is that when others take risks, they can transmit the virus, sometimes even unknowingly, to others. Now, admittedly, I should never be at WDW until there is a vaccine. But here is where the actions of others will affect me: after someone travels to vacation and catches COVID they bring it back to where they are from. I wish NOBODY GOT THIS VIRUS, but for those of us that are in groups where we rely on the good graces of our fellow Americans to take care of us, I can;t help but feel like most people really don't care about me and the millions of other people that are trying to stay safe out there.

I can't believe I had to type that I wish nobody got the virus, but I guess thats where we are now in the public discourse.

I don't know if you care, but your clarification vindicated you in my eyes. You should have stated it this way originally!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter