• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plaza Inn for dinner / Carnation Cafe for Dinner another night

denverdi

Earning My Ears
Okay so we are trying to figure out which would be better for us.
Plaza Inn or Carnation Cafe. Will be there for New Years Eve, So we already know that we cannot leave the park once we get in. Trip consists of DH, ME, DS (growing teenage boy) DD (growing teenage girl)

Would love to do Goofy's kitchen, but that won't be an option this trip due to crowds. Can anyone review these two, and give me a heads up or down.

Thanks,
Denver DI:smooth:

I vote for Carnation Cafe. You can make priority seating arrangements, and since it will be so crowded at the park, it would be nice not to worry about waiting in a long line to eat.

thanks for the reply, I tried to call and make PS for both places, they stated that the only rest they are accepting PS for is BB.
So I guess that is where my question comes into play.

Thanks for all of the help.
Denver Di

I haven't heard of Carnation Café taking reservations. My understanding was that Blue Bayou was/is the only restaurant in the park which does.

I personally prefer the Carnation. I like the menu better, and it is a sit-down restaurant vs. a "buffeteria" (the Plaza Inn). However, there's probably at least 3 times as much seating at the Plaza Inn, just on the inside. Outside there's at least as much seating as indoors, most likely even more.

The Carnation has some good hot meals such as pot roast and chicken pot pie (although they got rid of the shepherd's pie that I loved), as well as sandwiches and salads. The Plaza Inn has a more limited menu of pasta, fried chicken (very good!), pot roast, and a couple kinds of salad.

Either is a good meal. I think it really depends on how much time you want to spend. The Plaza Inn would probably be much quicker, the Carnation more like eating in a true restaurant.

They've changed their policy, then, because I usually make PS's for myself & clients there for dinner....

Well, if that's the case, I would opt for the Plaza Inn. As Lloyd D said, the Plaza Inn is much larger and even if there is a line, you'll get your food quicker. The Carnation Cafe has a small seating area, so I would expect that it would take a long time to eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter