Play House Disney Concerts

Ralph's World is like Dan Zanes or Imagination Movers...he's a kid-song performer. You've probably heard this in the background between the main shows:

They Might Be Giants has a few kid songs that they've turned out that get some play inbetween shows on Disney.

yep Ralph's Worls is a kids band but they play rock music... more complex beats and such than say the doodle boops... It is alot less sugar sweet... buncha guys in t shirts and jeans playing rock music with lyrics my kids can sing... it is music I enjoy too. They play small clubs when they typically come to town locally and the kids are encouraged to dance in the kiddy mosh pit and after the concerts we let them jump off the stage. Locally he has the kids come up (all of them!) to perform a number... its a good show. At disney last year it was a good show with the mosh pit and everything he couldnt invite kids up to sing with him but it was a good show

they might be giants was also a pretty popular band back in the late 1980's too they grew up had kids and now have a number of kids albums

julie

We saw the Playhouse Disney show a couple weeks ago and let me just tell you - you will not miss out on anything if you don't see it. I videotaped almost the whole thing and when it was time for the Power Rangers meet & greet, my battery died :mad: !! I was sooooo mad (and so was my little guy!). I mean, if you're there and the show is playing then see it, but don't rearrange your plans just for that.

Are you talking about the regular show at the Disney MGM Studios that plays every day? I assume since you said that you saw it last week that is what you mean. That is not the show we are talking about. We are discussing the Playhouse Disney Concert Series that runs in the fall. One of the previous posters posted the schedule from the Disney website. There are different famous kids music groups like Dan Zanes and the Doodlebops that play each week. This year they are not having the shows every day, but Thurs-Sun instead.

Are you talking about the regular show at the Disney MGM Studios that plays every day? I assume since you said that you saw it last week that is what you mean. That is not the show we are talking about. We are discussing the Playhouse Disney Concert Series that runs in the fall. One of the previous posters posted the schedule from the Disney website. There are different famous kids music groups like Dan Zanes and the Doodlebops that play each week. This year they are not having the shows every day, but Thurs-Sun instead.

Ohhhh, ok. Yeah, I meant the regular one that there everyday. I didn't know anything about the concert series but the kids would probably love to see the Doodlebops.

they might be giants was also a pretty popular band back in the late 1980's too they grew up had kids and now have a number of kids albums

julie

I was a huge TMBG fan in college. My friends and I all laugh now that our kids are listening to the same bands we did when we were younger! TMBG also does the theme song for Mickey Mouse clubhouse! :thumbsup2

It must be something universal about the Choo Choo Soul girl...my DH also thinks she is quite hot. Her and Rachel Ray. Who would think he was even paying attention to Playhouse Disney or the Food Channel? Apparently he is, though!

It is confusing because the regular show is playhouse disney and one of the special shows is playhouse disney.

Just to re-confirm Choo Choo Soul, the Mousesavers Newsletter had them listed as well. :cool1:

Playhouse Disney in Concert will showcase zany performances with entertainment for the preschool set, presented by Huggies and Pull-Ups brands. Youngsters can dance and sing along with Disney Channel favorites The Doodlebops; Johnny and the Sprites, featuring Johnny Tartaglia; Imagination Movers; and Dan Zanes and friends -- all scheduled to appear during the nine-week travel time. Performers scheduled to appear:
Aug. 30-Sept. 2 - Imagination Movers
Sept. 6-9 - The Doodlebops
Sept. 13-16 -Playhouse Disney Live on Tour
Sept. 20-23 - TBD
Sept. 27-30 & Oct. 4-7 - Choo Choo Soul
Oct. 11-14 - Imagination Movers
Oct. 18-21 - Johnny and the Sprites
Oct. 25-28 - Dan Zanes and friends
(Time and venues will follow. Info subject to change.)

We were there last year for the Imagination Movers and we LOVED them!! My dh is a drummer and loves all music, but thought that IM would be lame and corny. When we got inside, he was surprised to see real instruments. He thought it would be to a track.

Me and dh danced, sang, and had a GREAT time. They totally rocked! My then 5dd looked at us like we were so uncool. :cool1: .

If you're there when they are, I would see them. They do an awesome show. :rockband:

Well I just added a day onto my trip so that DD can see Johnny and the Sprites. She just loves them and we were scheduled to arrive on the last day of their show. That just wouldn't have worked because of the flight times so we are now going a day earlier. Trust me, anytime DH gives the go ahead to add on an extra day, I jump at the chance!!!

It figures that the one week they don't have scheduled it the week we will be there. When did they finalize the schedule last year? We will be there the Sun that Play House Disney Live in Concert is playing but it would really wreck our schedule to go then.

Am I the only one hoping that on the unscheduled weekend they'll have the Wiggles? I would really like to see them oh yeah and so would my kids :rotfl: . We'll be there the weekend afterwards for Choo Choo Soul too so I'm excited about that one.

Iri

Personally I would prefer to see Imagination Movers, but I'm bias since they are hometown boys!! DD loves them as well, but she is really excited to see Johnny & the Sprites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter