Play House Disney Concerts

Briar_Rose

Mouseketeer
I noticed that the Playhouse Disney concert series at the Studios this fall is only being held Thursday-Sunday this year. I had planned to do the Studios on Wed., so I guess I am going to have replan and change some ADRs. Yuck! I guess we will do AK on Wed and MGM on Thurs. I also noticed that the performers in the middle of series are TBA. Do you think that means they will be something like Mickey's Magic Show or similar rather than a "big-name" act? Sorry if this has already been posted. I couldn't find it.

They did just add Choo Choo Soul for the weekend of Sept. 20th. The next weekend is still up in the air though. We are debating going to one of the shows since we will be there both weekends.:banana: My DH is all for seeing Choo Choo Soul since he thinks the one chick is hot stuff!:lmao: I really was hoping for Dan Zanes because he's the only one I don't loathe but he is there at another time. They Might be Giants would have been great too, but I don't think they are afffiliated with Disney.:sad2:

Is this for August 26-Sept 3rd too? I am scheduled for Wed too!! I didn't see anything online when I looked up my times. Where can I find out if this is for us too???

It is for the entire length of the concert series. You can see the schedule on the Disney website. I orginally found it on mouseplanet.com though on their WDW update. We will be there 9/16 - 9/23. Choo Choo Soul? Yuck. My daughter will be 2 so I am not sure this will be that great of show for her. Should I change my ADRs for this? The problem is there is not much to do for her age group at the Studios, eventhough she is pretty fearless for a toddler. We were counting on this to be an extra activity that she would enjoy. I too wish it was Dan Zanes. Oh well. So much for advanced planning. :headache:

I noticed that the Playhouse Disney concert series at the Studios this fall is only being held Thursday-Sunday this year. I had planned to do the Studios on Wed., so I guess I am going to have replan and change some ADRs. Yuck! I guess we will do AK on Wed and MGM on Thurs. I also noticed that the performers in the middle of series are TBA. Do you think that means they will be something like Mickey's Magic Show or similar rather than a "big-name" act? Sorry if this has already been posted. I couldn't find it.

Me too, our DS day is on a Wednesday and I see they're only having the concerts Thur-Sun and no acts scheduled for our time frame yet :headache:
I will not be able to change our plans/ADR's though, but I may be able to do the concert on our departure day, if it's someone we think would be worth seeing! I guess we'll see what happens!

Oh I love Choo Choo Soul! :cool1: "Dance Birdy Dance" Whoop whoop!:banana: And if the train conductor looks like THAT train conductor...Momma will have some eye candy too!:lmao: :rotfl: I will have to take a look again. If you went on the Disney site to see that...I didn't notice anything not showing the times we are there but I am going to recheck too! And I am kinda excited about MGM with my two year old. I think my older kids will love it and my DD will like all the shows! It is Epcot that I think will be a waste of time for everyone.:confused3

Well I found it. We have Imagination Movers. Blah! Dorky! Is the Playhouse Disney in Concert the same as the Playhouse Disney show? They list Playhouse Disney Live and Playhouse Disney in Concert in which I found the list with Imagin. show listed. I am assuming that is two different shows.

I don't see Choo Choo Soul Listed anywhere though.....
Watch your child's face light up when favorite Disney Channel entertainers perform live at Walt Disney World® Resort. Playhouse Disney in Concert is presented by HUGGIES® and PULL-UP® brands every Thursday-Sunday during Little Ones Travel Time (Aug. 26-Oct. 28). The series features top acts from across the country and around the world. Give your children the thrill of dancing, singing and interacting with the performers they love.

Playhouse Disney in Concert 2007 Schedule
(Venues and times will be posted soon.)

Imagination Movers – Aug. 30-Sept. 2 and Oct. 11-14
Get your gears moving! With their high-energy rock/pop concert, this critically acclaimed, award-winning group from New Orleans rocks the house with dancing, games and catchy songs that are sure to make a "Gearhead" out of you.

The Doodlebops™ – Sept. 6-9
Rock out with Deedee, Rooney and Moe Doodle! Bursting with song and dance, rhyme and jokes, this funky, candy-colored rock trio gets you out of your seat and on your feet, rockin' and boppin' to upbeat, memorable tunes.

Playhouse Disney – Live on Tour! – Sept. 13-16
Have a fun-filled time when this touring show makes its debut at Walt Disney World® Resort. Sing, dance, and play games with Playhouse Disney favorites such as Little Einsteins, Micky Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, and more.

Entertainment TBD - Sept. 20-23/Sept. 27-30

Johnny and the Sprites - Oct. 18-21
Come see Johnny's treehouse live on stage! Sing along with Johnny and magical sprites Ginger and Basil as they entertain and inspire, teaching little ones to make music, make friends and find the magic within themselves.

Dan Zanes and Friends - Oct. 25-28
Have as much fun as the kids! Grammy® winner Dan Zanes performs 21st century, all-ages folk music that gets children and adults singing and dancing along with wild abandon. Come see Dan and friends perform songs off their album, "Catch That Train."

They did just add Choo Choo Soul for the weekend of Sept. 20th.

Where did you read that? It has not been listed on Disney's website.

I am not sure that my very active toddler, who will be turning 2 then, will actually sit through a long show. So I am hesitant to rework our schedule and change ADRs unless it is going to be somebody really good. She has never seen Choo Choo Soul but that doesn't mean it wouldn't necessarily be fun for her. I have honestly only seen a snippet of her on TV once, so I shouldn't judge. We will be there Sept. 16-23. It is harder to rework the first two days (first day is really more of a half day) of our schedule, and it doesn't seem that the Playhouse Disney Live show would be different enough from the park's regular show to warrant screwing up our plans just to see it. Any thoughts?:confused:

:

I would swear that I saw it on the WDW site last week, but I just checked and it isn't there.:confused3 So to tell the truth I have no idea where I saw it. Sorry but I may be cracking up!:rotfl2:

I am not sure that my very active toddler, who will be turning 2 then, will actually sit through a long show. So I am hesitant to rework our schedule and change ADRs unless it is going to be somebody really good. She has never seen Choo Choo Soul but that doesn't mean it wouldn't necessarily be fun for her. I have honestly only seen a snippet of her on TV once, so I shouldn't judge. We will be there Sept. 16-23. It is harder to rework the first two days (first day is really more of a half day) of our schedule, and it doesn't seem that the Playhouse Disney Live show would be different enough from the park's regular show to warrant screwing up our plans just to see it. Any thoughts?:confused:

Last year they had a small area for the kids to dance on. My DS was 17 mos at the time and had a blast with Dan Zanes.

I would love to go to choo choo soul or imagination movers. We got doodlebops. :scared1: Also, my last day if I move my schedule around we could go to the playhouse one.

I just read the following on MousePlanet. I am a bit excited that Choo Choo Soul will be there when we are. We saw Dan Zanes last year and loved it.

"…Two more weekends' worth of performances have been announced for the Playhouse Disney in Concert series during the Little Ones Travel Time promotion. Choo Choo Soul will perform the weekends of September 27-30 and October 4-7. That leaves September 20-23 as the only weekened still unscheduled."

Last year they had something everyday through Sept. what happened to that!? :confused3

We were there last year for the Johnny and the Sprites concert. There were maybe 30 people total in the theater for the show. It was great with no crowds, but I sort of felt bad for Johnny that the turnout was so light. This is a slow time of year for WDW, so my guess is they just want to make sure they have good crowds at each of the concerts.

We were there last year for the Johnny and the Sprites concert. There were maybe 30 people total in the theater for the show. It was great with no crowds, but I sort of felt bad for Johnny that the turnout was so light. .

we were there last year when Johnny was and opted not to go see him. His show had not yet started (or had just barely started) running on disney channel yet so no one knew who he was

after Johnny last year was Ralph's World... again his videos had not yet started on the Disney channel so no one knew who he was... we did as we are fans...

I would love some confirmation on Choo choo soul... my almost 4 year old loves them... as does DH cause apparently that girl who sings it is "hot"

I would love Ralph's World again or They Might be Giants!

julie

We were excited about Johnny and the Sprites. The show had been all over the Disney Channel for several months before we were there (couple minutes between shows). The family we were there with was also excited to see the show as they had seen a lot of Johnny and the Sprites, particularly on weekend mornings.

We will be there while the Imaination Movers are there. We will go, but I wish I was there during Choo Choo Soul (she definitely is hot) or TMBG... I was a big fan of them back in my high school and college days... now that they have transitioned to kids songs, it works out perfectly!

Here is the list I got off of the Disney site.....

Imagination Movers – Aug. 30-Sept. 2 and Oct. 11-14
Get your gears moving! With their high-energy rock/pop concert, this critically acclaimed, award-winning group from New Orleans rocks the house with dancing, games and catchy songs that are sure to make a "Gearhead" out of you.

The Doodlebops™ – Sept. 6-9
Rock out with Deedee, Rooney and Moe Doodle! Bursting with song and dance, rhyme and jokes, this funky, candy-colored rock trio gets you out of your seat and on your feet, rockin' and boppin' to upbeat, memorable tunes.

Playhouse Disney – Live on Tour! – Sept. 13-16
Have a fun-filled time when this touring show makes its debut at Walt Disney World® Resort. Sing, dance, and play games with Playhouse Disney favorites such as Little Einsteins, Micky Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, and more.

Entertainment TBD - Sept. 20-23/Sept. 27-30

Johnny and the Sprites - Oct. 18-21
Come see Johnny's treehouse live on stage! Sing along with Johnny and magical sprites Ginger and Basil as they entertain and inspire, teaching little ones to make music, make friends and find the magic within themselves.

Dan Zanes and Friends - Oct. 25-28
Have as much fun as the kids! Grammy® winner Dan Zanes performs 21st century, all-ages folk music that gets children and adults singing and dancing along with wild abandon. Come see Dan and friends perform songs off their album, "Catch That Train."

I have Disney on all the time....who is Ralph's World or They Might be Giants :confused3

Here is the list I got off of the Disney site.....

I have Disney on all the time....who is Ralph's World or They Might be Giants :confused3

Ralph's World is like Dan Zanes or Imagination Movers...he's a kid-song performer. You've probably heard this in the background between the main shows: "Clap your hands, clap your hands, clap your hands...stamp your feet, stamp your feet, stamp your feet...jump jump...jump a little higher...run run...run a little faster...dance dance ... dance arounnnnd." (great, just what I need running in my head as I try to grade papers and exams)

They Might Be Giants has a few kid songs that they've turned out that get some play inbetween shows on Disney. They sing the theme to Higglytown Heroes. TMBG's Here Come the ABC's is an awesome kiddie album. I love the song Q-U.

My little guy loves Choo Choo Soul...whenever it comes on he says the intro with the tv..."It's Choo Choo Soul, With Gennaivieve" and my guy adds "She's Hot" to the intro. Thanks for teaching him that one, grandpa. :rolleyes:

We saw the Playhouse Disney show a couple weeks ago and let me just tell you - you will not miss out on anything if you don't see it. I videotaped almost the whole thing and when it was time for the Power Rangers meet & greet, my battery died :mad: !! I was sooooo mad (and so was my little guy!). I mean, if you're there and the show is playing then see it, but don't rearrange your plans just for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter