Platform a bus stop too at POR

philliesflyers

Hockey mom
we will be staying at POR riverside in July. I wanted to be close to the food court and big pool for the kids. Looking at the map I saw a bus at the bayau platform.

Is this not a bus stop for the parks. I am really concerned now because I don't want my kids to have to walk too far. We request building 14 or 18 in the alligator bayau

You will be fine in 14, 15, or 18.

We were in 18 in December and found it to be super close to everything. We walked between buildings 14 and 15 and cut through a parking lot to get to the main bus stop without any problems.

My room request listed general/most important to specific...

Alligator Bayou Room (with trundle bed)
Close to main building
Building 18 or 14

Worked for us!

in 1999 and its a great location. Be aware that this building used to be smoking optional. Of course no smoking allowed anymore and when we stayed, except for passing people actually smoking, didn't smell smoke in the room or anything. The bus stop is a quick walk across the parking lot (2 min) and the walk to the food court/pool is also quick. You also have a quiet (and I use that term loosely) pool on one side and the laundry, if you need it, is right next to the pool. We loved this resort, especially the boat to DTD! Staying at POFQ in Sept.

Have a great trip!!

We've stayed at POR in the mansion area three times over the last 7 yrs and found the best place to assure a ride on the bus to the parks is to catch the bus at the depot on the front side of the resort nearest the gift store. Even though there are several bus stops around the back side of the resort, the busses don't always go to those stops if they are already full from the front depot. Another thing to consider is that the busses stop first at POFQ and then to POR. Only a couple of times did the bus go around to the back side.

Bldg 14 is about as close as you can get to the food court, without actually being in it! The main bus platform, the Mason-Dixon Platform, is about a 90 sec walk from Bldg 14. It does go to all the parks. But...the main pool is a bit of a walk from here...about 5 mins. It's hard to get a room that is convenient to a bus stop, the food court, and the main pool (Ol Man Island).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter