Planning for 3-Day Cruise- Help!

VLee

DIS Veteran
From the schedule for a 3 day, it looks as thought the Pirate Party is on the second night (Nassau Day) and Castaway Cay (last night.)
We are scheduled for late dining (8 pm on)

It seems as thought they only have 2 different live shows (correct??) and we want to see both. Can you choose the nights you want to see the shows. I know we would see the early performance.

We also wanted to have the kids experience all 3 dining locations, Triton, AP, and Parrot)--of course, the two adults also wanted Palo's.

Will this schedule work?

1st night -- Early show, Late Dining
2nd night -- Early show, Late Dining....then pirate party
3rd night -- Palo's for adults, Late Dining (adults could just have coffee, etc., but kids bigger meal) May have to order them a snack for room service before we go to Palo's

We have Castaway on third day... would a 6 pm Palo ressie push anyone? We are doing the extreme getaway package, but may skip the biking due to younger kids not great riders.

Advice?

There is a show all three nights. We just did the 3 night in September, and I can't for the life of me remember which shows were which nights, but there is definitely a show each night.:)

In August the shows were

Night 1: Hercules
Night 2: Golden Mickeys
Night 3: Dieney Dreams

You mentioned that you wanted the kids to enjoy all three restaurants, but my reccomendation is skip Parrots. Instead make reservations for Palo that night and get the kids food from one of the take out places on deck 9. Parrots was okay but nothing spectacular. We ate lunch there the day we boarded and breakfast the day we departed (we were scheduled there the last night of the cruise) and it was enough of an experience for us.

In August the shows were

Night 1: Hercules
Night 2: Golden Mickeys
Night 3: Dieney Dreams

You mentioned that you wanted the kids to enjoy all three restaurants, but my reccomendation is skip Parrots. Instead make reservations for Palo that night and get the kids food from one of the take out places on deck 9. Parrots was okay but nothing spectacular. We ate lunch there the day we boarded and breakfast the day we departed (we were scheduled there the last night of the cruise) and it was enough of an experience for us.

I have to disagree, I thought the dinner menu was very good that night. The wings were great, and so was dessert creme brulee cheesecake. I can't remember what I had as an entree, but I know I really liked it. I enjoyed all the restaurants very much.

I agree with Joisey Mom. Parrot Cay offered our favorite menu. Plus, there is no way to know what night you will have a specific restaurant until you get to the terminal and find out your rotation. If you want to make Palo reservations in advance you'll have to do it now knowing what your rotation will be.

Honestly, on a 3-day, first cruise with kids I would skip Palo. There is only so much you can do in 72 hours. But, if I were to do Palo this is the way I would do it...

Day 1 - Early Show, Late Dinner
Day 2 - Early Show, Late Dinner, Pirate Party
Day 3 - Early Show, Palo

You don't say how old your kids are. On our last cruise our kids were 12 & 9 and they went to dinner alone on the night we went to Palo. Our servers took excellent car of them and they had a great time. You can walk them to dinner and then have the check themselves into their clubs afterward. Of course this will only work if your kids are pre-teens or older. If not I would definitely skip Palo this time.

Thanks for the advice.

I went ahead and changed Palo to a 'very late schedule' 9 - 11 pm on the last night --if we decide to keep it.

That way we will see all 3 early shows, do a late dinner...and if we do go to Palo, we will eat only an appetizer at the late dinner.

The kids are 5 and 7; therefore, are too young to dine alone.

We may very well decide to not do Palo this time around, but I have that late reservation right now. The shows and dinner for the kids are more important since our time on board is so short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter