Planning A Trip in Dec HELP!

I'll be there from December 8th - 20th. We're staying at Pop and going to MVMCP. We planned it so we'd miss the Pop Warner kids (they leave the day we get in) and we'd miss the Christmas crowd. Anyway, just wanted to subscribe to this thread so I could see what other people say about DW in December. :)

Posted earlier on a thread, with little response...but for those of you going in early Dec, is it a big let down to go home then for Christmas, and is the trip part of your holiday gifts, or do you still enjoy Christmas afterward? I really want to see decor, but have heard how busy it is for the holidays themselves. Thanks for your help.

Posted earlier on a thread, with little response...but for those of you going in early Dec, is it a big let down to go home then for Christmas, and is the trip part of your holiday gifts, or do you still enjoy Christmas afterward? I really want to see decor, but have heard how busy it is for the holidays themselves. Thanks for your help.

hello- we went last dec from the 2-8 and coming home is always sad anytime of the year.but what we did was buy small stuff for eachother out there w/out the other knowing so that we ccan give it eachother on xmas. i printed really nice pics and put them in mickey frames i bought out there. or maybe make a scrap book for somebody.this was our xmas gifts to eachother (6 of us) but since we had toddlers we still celebrated w/some gifts for them at home.the weather was great. highs of like 70 and there were no waits. we walked onto everything plus the park is decorated for xmas. we're going in oct becuz of everyone's vacation time so im hoping its like our dec trip.:yay:

It will be me , Dh, our 4 kids who will be 11,8,5,and 2 years old when we go.

I know they say its very crowded. I am hoping the first few days are not to bad because most kids are still in school. On that same note all schools let out at diffrent times too. I am guessing the close to Xmas we get the worse the crowds.

I am really excited though about being there for all the decorations, Xmas shows, snow on Main st. etc etc. I will feel like a kid in a candy shop:rotfl: :dance3: .

I totally get into all that as do my kids obviously, even dh is getting all goofy on me about it.

No worries just a super Merry Xmas with my wonderful family in a place that you can not help but feel happy!:cloud9:

I know my dh wants our last day to be in MK so we are going to do that no matter what the crowds are. make it a nothing day in the park for us to just take it all in see shows, ride the train etc etc.
we go home the next day so it will be a sweet ending to a great trip.

Did you know I was excited about my trip:lmao: :rolleyes1 .

I plan to make sure I bring out stroller so the little one can nap in it. I am packing a bunch of snacks in our bag for them to eat. and getting a good shoe to walk in while there!

Anyhow , else have ideas??

We'll be returning home on 12/20 this year. We already told the kids that this trip will be part of their Christmas gift. We'll still be buying probably 1 or 2 gifts (oh, and Santa gifts) for each of them, but that's it. My son is 8 years old and he is fine with it. The other day he was tellling his Uncle that his Christmas gift this year is a trip to DisneyWorld because it's really expensive. I thought that was really cute because it came out of nowhere. Also, the kids will still be getting LOTS of gifts from Aunty's, Uncle's, friends, Grandparents, etc.

It's DEFINATELY sad to come home right before Christmas, but to me it's sadder to come home to nothing. I personally think it's better that we're coming home right before Christmas because atleast we'll have that to look forward to (Christmas is REALLY big for my family). When we went to DisneyLand in 2004 we returned mid November and we were all soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad . . . but because we went straight into Christmas it wasn't too bad.

We wanted to go to DisneyWorld during December because of the (hopefully cold) weather and the Christmas happenings, but we didn't want to go during peak time (did that in July 2005 and it was HORRIBLE and HOT!). We planned our dates around Pop Warner and peak Christmas time. We are pulling the kids out of school, but we figured school work should be slowing down by then because of the Winter break coming up (my son's school has A LOT of Christmas program practice during that time). The day we come home will be the schools last day for winter break, so when we get back the kids will have until beginning January to do all their catch-up work for school. We told them that they're taking their Winter break early (while all their friends are still in school) and when their friends are on break, they need to do all their school work.

Anyway, I think I'm babbling and I don't know if any of that made any sense, so I'll stop now. Thanks for listening :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter