Planning 1st visit to Universal Studios

Fern1

Earning My Ears
My family, me, hubby and son age 8, are planning a trip to Universal Studios for the last week of March. Not sure how much time to allow and also, what is a decent rate at the on-site hotels. How does the FOTL access work and is it still an option? Has anyone been during during the spring break craze? I've heard its not as bad as Disney. Is it necessary to rent a car from the airport or is there shuttle type transportation?
Any info/tips would be great. Thanks! :)

I'm not sure what season the end of March is, but I'm going to Portofino in the beginning of Sept, 2001, and am paying $160/night for a standard room. That's with the entertainment discount. The Hard Rock is $117.50/night during off-season for a standard room. I have a feeling the end of March is regular or peak season? You can always call the 1-800 number for the rates for your planned vacation (don't know the number off the top of my head, but you can do a search on these boards and find it).

Also, I understand that FOTL applies all day to all on-site guests.

We take Mears shuttle from the airport to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter