Plan for summer when you can't take the heat?

Disney01

Mouseketeer
Well, I recently received my teaching credential, so no more trips at the beginning of Decemer anymore. We are leaning toward June, as soon as school gets out. However, my Mom who always goes with us, can't deal with the heat very well. Plus, she is not a morning person, but a night owl. My plan? She will sleep in in the mornings and hang out at the hotel, while we get an early start and do the big rides that she hates. We will relax through the heat of the day, and maybe get started with an early dinner around 4. Then we will stay in the parks until closing at night. Do you think this will work? When does the summer sun feel less intense? She can take the humidity, just not the hot, hot sun.

That is probably a good idea. June is hot, and it seemed like it rained at least once a day. I think the parks are open late, so your plan should work. However, it still seemed very warm to us, even after dark.

We were there last June, and by nightfall it seemed a LOT more bearable. I cannot handle the heat very well, and DS6 has a rough time with his asthma. We did fine with getting there early enough to beat the crowds for the big rides and eating at off peak times to avoid long lines. Our only rough day was Animal Kingdom. It's all outdoors and most places don't have a/c, so we called it a day around 2 or 3 and hit the outlet malls. ;)

Your plan sounds like it should work out for everyone. Nights are still warm, but you have a break from the sun beating on you. Like Tishke said, AK is hot no matter what. The other Parks have plenty of opportunity to cool off & get out of the sun with indoor, A/C attractions.
Those gel bandanas work wonders in the heat also, you all might benefit from those, along with the drink tons of water & wear hats & sunscreen necessities.

About 9pm it shouldn't be that bad. I should know, since I live in FL.

Sounds like a great plan! I was in WDW the last week of June last year, and the days were extremely hot. I remember walking out of the timeshare first thing in the am, and it felt like the humidity hit me right in the face. I think the hottest time of teh day would be around 2pm, and then it would slowly cool down- still hot at night of course, but without the sun it's not as bad. DOn't forget to drink lots of water, even if you're not feeling thirsty. And wear sunscreen also!

Have fun!

I am not a fan of the heat either. I laugh when people are complaining here in Mass on a 90 degree day... Florida heat is unreal. Everytime you walk out of a place that has AC it's like walking into a wall. When I lived there I got used to it and I had to wear windpants to work in the morning to keep me warm... ON 70 DEGREE MORNINGS!!!!

You have the right idea! Don't force someone who doesn't like the heat to do anything. You and your mom are going to have a great time because she is less likely to be cranky if she can sleep late and avoid alot of the heat.

Bring misting fans and water bottles as well and try the water parks on some days to just relax and cool off!

About it being warm at night.. When I first moved down there for my internship I remember getting ready to go to PI at night, walking outside at 10PM and sweat would ALREADY start pouring down my face.

I would rather sweat in Disney world then be comfortable here in Mass!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter