4. Crystal Palace Lunch Buffet
  5. Whispering Canyon Dinner
  6. House of Blues Dinner
  7. Brown Derby Dinner
  8. Tusker House Lunch (Family Style)
  9. T Rex Dinner
  10. Steakhouse 71 Lunch
  11. Space 220 Lunch
This doesn't count any quick service. I rated them on our overall experience, taking into account theming, entertainment, service, and food quality. As always this is IMO and YMMV.

Regarding the top 3: Raglan Road was no surprise to me, we've been there 3 times and it is always is my top pick. Maya Grill and Trail's End were first time pleasant surprises. I was not expecting Maya Grill to be as good as it was, and I enjoyed the quiet and laid back atmosphere at Trail's End as a break from all the hustle-bustle of crowds.

Of these 11, the only meal I was disappointed in was at Space 220. Theming was interesting, but the food wasn't great especially at the price point (It was the costliest meal and that was even without cocktails or desserts).

If you want any information about anything, feel free to ask!

Edited: I also took perceived value into account. (If I paid less at one place for the same experience at another place, the former would be ranked higher)

Last edited:
What didn't you like about Steakhouse71?
It was okay, and I might go there when we are staying at BLT to try it again. I just wouldn’t go out of my way for it. I thought it more like eating at a Denny’s than a Steakhouse. The seating felt rather crowded and there is little atmosphere. The food was not bad, but my salad had too much dressing, and my prime rib sandwich was a little too greasy and salty. Granted this was lunch and the dinner menu has better steak choices.

OTOH the service was good and the dessert was good (a chocolate cake thing that 4 of us split).

What didn’t you like about tusker house? I have it booked for dinner, but think the menus are the same for both. I haven’t heard great things about the food, was the character interaction good?

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on Steakhouse 71 and Space 220...but to fall below TRex? Wow. I might find my meal in one of the trash cans before I go back to TRex.

I'm also curious about thoughts on Tucker House. We haven't eaten there since pre-pandemic, it's usually our favorite character meal. But I know the menu is a little more homogenized these days.

Last edited:
What didn’t you like about tusker house? I have it booked for dinner, but think the menus are the same for both. I haven’t heard great things about the food, was the character interaction good?
I liked Tusker House, and the character interaction was good. I just enjoyed other places better. YMMV, and if character dining was my highest priority, it would have been up a notch or two. I would definitely try it if you haven't been.

The only place I was actually disappointed in was Space 220.

I liked Tusker House, and the character interaction was good. I just enjoyed other places better. YMMV, and if character dining was my highest priority, it would have been up a notch or two. I would definitely try it if you haven't been.

The only place I was actually disappointed in was Space 220.
That’s really helpful thank you! I’ve also heard mixed things for space 220, I heard the lounge is better to try. Neither were available for my trip so won’t be experiencing either for now

I'm actually surprised Ragland Road was your top pick. We ate their once and none of us liked it. Seems they've upped their game!

Ragland seems to get mixed reviews. Not generally poor, just middle of the road. Like the OP, it is a favorite of ours. We always go after a water park day and ensure we eat during the live music and dancing. It’s makes for such an enjoyable and chill meal. The food isn’t exceptional, but we find the combo of food and entertainment to make for a wonderful meal.

Ragland seems to get mixed reviews. Not generally poor, just middle of the road. Like the OP, it is a favorite of ours. We always go after a water park day and ensure we eat during the live music and dancing. It’s makes for such an enjoyable and chill meal. The food isn’t exceptional, but we find the combo of food and entertainment to make for a wonderful meal.

We enjoyed the music and drinks... the food was meh. But truly, that was 6 years ago. Hit or miss for sure.

We are New Englanders with some Irish heritage, so the food is great from our viewpoint. Mix that with live Irish folk band, some step dancing, a flight of Bushmills and some Guiness...and it's the best. We always get a table near the stage. 👍

I agree about the food, it ranges from average to not great. Though I am a little biased since I lived in Ireland for a little over a year and got to experience "real" Irish food. Even the Guinness tastes different to me somehow.

I am shocked to see Maya Grill so high. Every time I ate there the food was awful and the service was super slow. Last time I ate there was years ago so maybe it has changed but my negative experience prevents me from ever trying it again.

The last time I went to Raglan Road, I wasn't impressed, but now I'm nervous about Space 220. I've been seeing a lot of mixed reviews for it, and with that price point I really don't want to feel like I'm wasting my money!
What did y'all order from Space 220?

Steak & Frites - Meat was chewy, broccoli was tough and cold, and as for the fries...I was about to ask if they could raid a different McDonald's dumpster (where they threw them out more recently). 😅

Steak & Frites - Meat was chewy, broccoli was tough and cold, and as for the fries...I was about to ask if they could raid a different McDonald's dumpster (where they threw them out more recently). 😅
NOOOOOO!!! I was thinking of getting exactly that lol. I hope it was just an off day :oops:

NOOOOOO!!! I was thinking of getting exactly that lol. I hope it was just an off day :oops:
Sorry lol 😆.
It was a fun experience (the space part), just the food was disappointing.
I think I'd opt for the burger if I had a do over. They typically are harder to screw up.

One disclaimer on meal ratings I should disclose - I had my stiffest drinks of the trip at Raglan Road and Maya Grill. So that may have made the experience seem even better than it was. 😉
Which really speaks well of Trails End, because it was morning and the only thing I had to drink was coffee.

We are New Englanders with some Irish heritage, so the food is great from our viewpoint. Mix that with live Irish folk band, some step dancing, a flight of Bushmills and some Guiness...and it's the best. We always get a table near the stage. 👍

Ours, too. We've eaten there every trip since it opened and have always had great meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter